• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Arsenal Value Wilshere at £9m, Antalyaspor Make Bid

Recommended Posts

Is that £9m too much :ph34r: ?

Where do you think he will go next?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Arsenal value Jack Wilshere at £9,000,000 yet there's a tweet about Tom Huddlestone going to Derby County? 

Are you smoking again Stankey?

swap deal mate. thought you'd catch on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think £9m is a great price for Wilshere in today's market. Even with his injury problems, £9m is a gamble worth taking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£9 is too much for Wilshere. One of the most overhyped players of his generation, can't stay fit and even when he has a pretty full season he flatters to deceive. Mid table player at best and the sooner Arsenal finally get rid of him the better for their sake.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me Wilshere should've been one of the greatest midfielders England ever had. He had and has the talent for it but between constant injuries and the fact he doesn't give a crap about his career, this is what we have. I wouldn't pay £9m for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the potential to be great but has come nowhere near close to fulfilling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that Sampdoria are interested in making a bid for him. When I heard for £9m I was genuinely shocked. Potentially worth so much more but his attitude is holding him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first club I instantly thought of was West Ham. I could see them going for him, especially at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculously low price in this market. His injuries are definitely an issue but the lowest we should be looking at is £15m and even then it's cheap. With Cazorla still out, I'd rather keep him for the few games he's fit for than sell for £9m. Doesn't seem worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Ridiculously low price in this market. His injuries are definitely an issue but the lowest we should be looking at is £15m and even then it's cheap. With Cazorla still out, I'd rather keep him for the few games he's fit for than sell for £9m. Doesn't seem worth it.

£15m is far too much for someone who's injury prone and was playing for Bournemouth last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

£15m is far too much for someone who's injury prone and was playing for Bournemouth last season

Not in a market where Kyle Walker moves for near three times his value at £55m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting £5m for Lucas. Your not telling me Wilshere isn't worth £4m more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We are getting £5m for Lucas. Your not telling me Wilshere isn't worth £4m more. 

No one knew Lucas Leiva was still alive and Liverpool fans themselves have been calling him poor for ages. Also not English, so wasn't going to fetch much. If we sell to Serie A, we won't get much. Need to tempt West Ham into getting desperate to sign a player and Swansea desperate to replace Sigurdsson with some of the ridiculous money they'll be getting for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a signing that can either be totally useless or a massive coup. 

You're either getting someone who will be unavailable except for period of spotty form, or you'll suddenly somehow be the club that brings him back to his best and you'll get a quality player for £9 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad his arsenal career is coming to an end like this, I thought he would be the next massive player for Arsenal after Fabregas left. He is the best player technically Arsenal has but constantly hampered by injuries and partially due to bad attitude too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Asura said:

Sad his arsenal career is coming to an end like this, I thought he would be the next massive player for Arsenal after Fabregas left. He is the best player technically Arsenal has but constantly hampered by injuries and partially due to bad attitude too. 

Image result for sanchez gif

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Image result for sanchez gif

 

I meant in the current squad, not all time arsenal. dont you think so? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asura said:

I meant in the current squad, not all time arsenal. dont you think so? 

if Sanchez is one of the best in the all-time Arsenal squad, that would mean he is the best in the current squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

if Sanchez is one of the best in the all-time Arsenal squad, that would mean he is the best in the current squad.

Just realised I screwed up with my english sentence formation there. I meant to say he has the best technical abilities, didnt mean to say he is the best player in the squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should add Wilshere to those black tobacco packet pictures. :ph34r:

On a serious note...

How long do you get as "potential"?

It seems that with English players it lasts until they call it a day.  He has talent, but then again hundreds of players have had talent and come to nothing like him.  Lets not forget that he literally has done NOTHING!  There is absolutely nothing on his CV other than the fact he played for Arsenal FC (for what that's worth these days).  That Brazilian I've forgotten his name that played at left-back played for Arsenal....  Who's he?  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks he's worth...  What matters is what he IS worth and that's nothing.  £9m is more than good money...  As for Walker...  He's had a complete good season and he's also in the now.  When is Wilshere from?  Also he's just come back from Bournemouth...  What's Bournemouth in football?  Aaah...  He had a chance to go to AC Milan and chose Bournemouth! xD

Sampdoria are absolutely mental and they seem to still be an example of everything that went wrong with Italian football back in the mid 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Wilshere is West Ham all over to be honest.

I think he's worth a shot at that price. He's got the talent to be a good player, but he struggles for fitness and lacks motivation. For whatever reason, Arsenal pick up a lot of injuries, so Wilshere may benefit from getting out of that environment (last season at Bournemouth he played in his highest number of games since 2010/11) and getting sold by a big club could be the kick up the arse he needs.

Of course, he could go on being injury prone and not arsed, but it's worth a gamble for a mid-table type club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asura said:

Just realised I screwed up with my english sentence formation there. I meant to say he has the best technical abilities, didnt mean to say he is the best player in the squad. 

Alexis is better than Wilshere technically.  AlthoughI think I know where you're going with that seeing as Wilshere is a midfielder...  He has tremendous talents but then again outside the park where I live their are unknown people that can do things unheard of with the ball at their feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

Alexis is better than Wilshere technically.  AlthoughI think I know where you're going with that seeing as Wilshere is a midfielder...  He has tremendous talents but then again outside the park where I live their are unknown people that can do things unheard of with the ball at their feet.

I wish Wilshere had a brain and attitude like Sanchez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Asura said:

I wish Wilshere had a brain and attitude like Sanchez 

I'm surprised at the cigarettes considering how much they cost in the UK.  But remember that we've got more kebab shops in London than in the whole of Turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money's on West Ham. It's a very West Ham like signing.

I hope we steer well clear. I've totally given up on him from an England view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I think Jack will be with Arsenal next season, yes,” said Wenger. “I will give you a very focused answer on that, that he has to work hard to come back and fight for a place in the team.

“But once he is ready, when he comes back, he will not be far from practising with the team.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They should add Wilshere to those black tobacco packet pictures. :ph34r:

On a serious note...

How long do you get as "potential"?

It seems that with English players it lasts until they call it a day.  He has talent, but then again hundreds of players have had talent and come to nothing like him.  Lets not forget that he literally has done NOTHING!  There is absolutely nothing on his CV other than the fact he played for Arsenal FC (for what that's worth these days).  That Brazilian I've forgotten his name that played at left-back played for Arsenal....  Who's he?  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks he's worth...  What matters is what he IS worth and that's nothing.  £9m is more than good money...  As for Walker...  He's had a complete good season and he's also in the now.  When is Wilshere from?  Also he's just come back from Bournemouth...  What's Bournemouth in football?  Aaah...  He had a chance to go to AC Milan and chose Bournemouth! xD

Sampdoria are absolutely mental and they seem to still be an example of everything that went wrong with Italian football back in the mid 90s.

It's pure desperation for that star player. Name me the last player to have an injury record like his that you could claim had been truly successful.

It's a shame as he's naturally talented but he's physically and mentally not up to it in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Jack Wilshere is West Ham all over to be honest.

I think he's worth a shot at that price. He's got the talent to be a good player, but he struggles for fitness and lacks motivation. For whatever reason, Arsenal pick up a lot of injuries, so Wilshere may benefit from getting out of that environment (last season at Bournemouth he played in his highest number of games since 2010/11) and getting sold by a big club could be the kick up the arse he needs.

Of course, he could go on being injury prone and not arsed, but it's worth a gamble for a mid-table type club.

And yet Bournemouth have no interest in taking him on permanently. Bournemouth aren't scared to throw money around either. That says a lot really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dan said:

but he's physically and mentally not up to it in my opinion.

Both those factors are his own fault.  A player can be unlucky with some injuries during his career and can even suffer some major ones.  But all of this injury scenario with him is mainly down to lifestyle and foremost not caring about his career by looking after his body as any athlete should.  The second factor you mention is joined to the first and both are part of each other and a consequence of one another.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and even less so after the decision he made last season.  It shows he has no ambition and just wants to live in a comfort zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement