talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 17 Fixtures - 26-28th December, 2022

football forum

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Bloody hell got Foden in my fantasy.

Trippier is first sub and he's got 12 points. You just know Pep will give him 10 minutes and I will get 1 point for Foden now.

Edit... And I've Cancelo as well.

That's the thing with City players in your fantasy team, Pep likes to rest players especially with us playing again in 3 days

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City completely dominant as expected from them in recent years. But Grealish has had a nightmare of a half, missing so many chances for Man City. I will never understand why Man City sold Sterling and brought in Grealish for double the price. Sterling has a much bigger influence on matches than Grealish, and sure, Sterling has never been the best finisher, but Grealish is arguably worse in that department. It's not even as if City were looking to the future, by bringing in a younger player, as there is less than 1 years age difference between Sterling and Grealish. 

As for the crazy debates in the past about who is better, Grealish or Foden, there is simply no competition. Foden is world class and he has the potential to become even better. 

Haaland scores Man City's 2nd goal, City are cruising here away to Leeds.

Leeds are atrocious, the second and third goals were terrible to concede. So much ball watching especially for the 3rd goal. What is the plan there? Where is the progression? Relegation candidates again if they keep playing like this

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

See how the game goes, if it's tight they will get on but if it's over by 60mins more likely been Palmer, Phillips etc

Both came on...

1 point for each. Both getting transfer after the weekend. Keeping Haaland he starts all league games.

To be expected really.

I knew Adams would be a loss and you need the likes of Sinisterra and Summerville to carry the ball up the pitch and give you an outlet when you do win the ball against such superior opposition. We just gave the ball away whenever we had it first half, so frustrating.

We really needed to be braver and have a go at City. There is the fear when you do they will punish you, but equally you can pay them too much respect and make it comfortable for them and I thought first half we were guilty of that. They should have been infront well before they scored the first.

Usual defensive errors cost us, guaranteed at least one that leads to a goal every game. Cooper is absolutely finished for us, he's not at this level and he looks a Championship defender. He's only surviving due to being captain and one of Bielsa's originals, but he's got to go. Culpible for one of Bournemouth's goals, two at Spurs and now one tonight. 

Plus side was Gnonto, he was the only one brave enough to have a run at the City defence and looked a threat. For 18 years old, he stood out like a sore thumb for us tonight.

Not great from us at all in the main but equally, it was always likely to be a loss tonight. Got to be realistic when you are playing the best team in the league.

Ally McCoist said 'We'll be fine" after tonight but I think he's being kind to us. Very clear this team needs strengthening and if Radrizzani wants the club to stay up, he will need to invest next month to give them a fair chance.

6 hours ago, Devil said:

Both came on...

1 point for each. Both getting transfer after the weekend. Keeping Haaland he starts all league games.

Haaland got me 26pts tonight 😎  ..it would be wise to not use too many man city players with Peps rotation, think Alvarez will get more game time when he comes back too but i make Haaland cap everyweek and i'm sat top of my league 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chuck Wolves in there too and I think you have your bottom six.

I'm too scarred and haunted. We weren't just bad on boxing day we were every inch the side I saw in September. I'm not ruling us out of that yet. We have allegations to beat.

But you're probably right.

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Haaland got me 26pts tonight 😎  ..it would be wise to not use too many man city players with Peps rotation, think Alvarez will get more game time when he comes back too but i make Haaland cap everyweek and i'm sat top of my league 

Gambled on Bruno....

• The topic was unpinned

Archived