talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I should have.. The way Stan asked the question meant he wasn't sure himself..  xD

Just shocked that a wise old gent like you misread the original question xD

I just want this whole farce away from the club now.

He wasn't going to sign a new contract and if he just stayed for another season, it being the first question, every game dominated by "where will he go next?", him with one foot in and one foot out...

No, it's best for us that he go, great player though he is.

The circus can go to Germany.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

City have won 5 from the last 6. If you do t think they can go on to do the exact same in the next few years you are smoking strong stuff. 

And at least you can applaud Bayern for being a well run club who have earned their money over the last few decades. Can't say the same about City. 

• Like 2

I read 1 article suggesting he could pick up a few medals & still return for the Premier League scoring record. It would be possible if only stays 2 seasons & he's 1 that plays well past 35. Maybe dips a level, 10 to 15 a season. But, I think he already looks to be constantly carrying so many ongoing pulls & strains that I question if he'll last the full 4 year contract. 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

I think it’s fair to say the league is weaker, there’s a clear dropoff between Bayern and anyone else. The only reason there was a title race last season was because Bayern were so bad. Make no mistake without Guardiola City would not be this dominant, but Bayern can change manager at will and still dominate.

If you look at Bayern and Dortmund’s points tallies last season they were closer to Man United and Newcastle than City and Arsenal (taking into account they play 2 games less also). I personally think it’s fair to say there is more strength in England between 2nd and 6th/7th and beyond that it’s probably about the same.

But just cos a league is stronger does’t mean the leagues aren’t comparable, or that the Bundesliga is in anyway “shit”. In fact stylistically the leagues are more similar than say La Liga and generally if someone does well in Germany they are likely to do the same in England. But I don’t think Harry Kane will go up against as many high level players in Germany as he has in England, Kane is literally an example himself of how strong a player you can find in a team that finishes between 2nd and 7th in England.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Those recordings were so weird. At one point they zoomed in so far that all you could see was eyes and teeth. Like Grandpa is trying out his new video camera he got for Christmas. 

57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Those recordings were so weird. At one point they zoomed in so far that all you could see was eyes and teeth. Like Grandpa is trying out his new video camera he got for Christmas. 

Yeah and it must be strange having someone just force a camera in your face. But the caption made me laugh lol

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I actually watched that video like half an hour ago. I don't even like Bayern fs 😂

That's hilarious. I mean I know I'm stoked but it's a massive transfer for the league in general too.

I was trying to think of other English players even coming to the Bundesliga, all I really remember was Canadian legend Owen Hargreaves.

9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

That's hilarious. I mean I know I'm stoked but it's a massive transfer for the league in general too.

I was trying to think of other English players even coming to the Bundesliga, all I really remember was Canadian legend Owen Hargreaves.

Kevin Keegan.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Bellingham?