The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

Burn did not play

Yes, I know he didn't start, I said from the regular starters for Newcastle this season, I wasn't strictly commenting on this match when I made that comment. But yeah, Newcastle were pretty poor in front of goal in today's match.

I sort of don’t blame Howe for the changes, FA Cup is our last priority this season with the quarters of the Carabao and going for a top four finish.

We just don’t have the depth yet but that will come over the next few years.

Not too bothered about tonight as long as we beat Leicester on Tuesday and the changes prove worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

That Liverpool line up must be the strongest they could have put out.  Priotizing the Cup?

Well nothing realistically that they can achieve in the league this season, given the competition(a top 4 will be extremely difficult for them to achieve). So why not go out and try and win the FA Cup.

This will be embarrassing if Liverpool if they lose here at home against Wolves. Liverpool have played their best possible 11, while Wolves have rested several players. Thiago made a very poor mistake in the lead up to Wolves's goal, but Alisson's mistake for the goal was inexcusable. 

29 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I know he didn't start, I said from the regular starters for Newcastle this season, I wasn't strictly commenting on this match when I made that comment. But yeah, Newcastle were pretty poor in front of goal in today's match.

Ivan Fresnenda and Mendy are the names mentioned, full back is a area of need.   burn has been immense all season playing out of position but if we can add trippier quality on the left its needed

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Yet another FA Cup disgrace.

We don't have the depth to be making so many changes ffs.

Chris Wood poor.

Especially with hindsight, it does feel a big mistake for Newcastle to have done the half reserve side thing. Yes, there is excitement over where they might finish. But the FA Cup was surely, even from 3rd round, a winnable cup.

And every player at 2nd in League One Sheffield Wednesday surely buys into the idea they have just as much possibility as any other sleeping giant to be getting back to where they used to be. i.e. an upset waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Odds before this match were 1/7 for Liverpool with some bookies, with Liverpool as heavy favourites to win. But this has been another very tough match for Liverpool.

Mad prices. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

There is none.

Edit: Apparently its the first cross.

Edit Edit: I don't think it was an offside.

Not even close considering Toti isn't involved at that stage? 

Very confused. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived