• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How about the BBC? 

It's starting to gather speed that he's off mate, £85,000,000 is the rumoured fee.

That's just the BBC's gossip column though. I think it'll go through but the BBC are just lifting stories from other sites on that xD nothing reliable about it

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ready, Pearce etc still saying Coutinho won't be sold this summer. 

Didn't Pearce also say that this was going to be the biggest transfer window in the clubs history though? Sure it was him who put the £200m figure out there

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

You really ought to make sure fake news is true before throwing a hissy fit.

You really need to get your head our your arse. Numerous sources saying a deal is near to being struck and you pick up on me saying it'll be a disgrace if it happens. Have a day off.

8 minutes ago, FOYM said:

You really need to get your head our your arse. Numerous sources saying a deal is near to being struck and you pick up on me saying it'll be a disgrace if it happens. Have a day off.

To be fair none are particularly reliable and many others are saying, no dice. I think it would have to be in excess of 100million for Liverpool to budge, Barcelona would not pay that I don't think, surely?

26 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Barcelona would not pay that I don't think, surely?

With the present Barça board nothing would surprise me.

Although the Barcelona president was talking to the "peñistas" the other day (this happens before every season and "peñistas" are part of a group of paying members that can transcend all over the world) where he said that the board will spend the money they had to spend before Neymar left and subsequently the €222m they received wisely.  This after a former president (Gaspart) criticised his own tenure years ago for spending the Figo money stupidly.

After how this window has went, I wouldn't rule anything out. They have the money and they need a big name to replace Neymar. Plus, our owners have failed Klopp thus summer so what's one more knife in the back.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Is there a worry amongst Liverpool fans that Klopp could walk because of this? Genuinely not trolling I'm just curious.

Klopp would be mental to leave if it did occur.  Barcelona buying one of your players isn't something that can't occur and it's a possibility when one of your players is making a mark on the world stage or is a protagonist.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Klopp would be mental to leave if it did occur.  Barcelona buying one of your players isn't something that can't occur and it's a possibility when one of your players is making a mark on the world stage or is a protagonist.

At this stage of the season it would be an admission of no ambition, if Liverpool do sell him at this stage then they're giving up on the season already and showing no ambition that a club the size of Liverpool should. It would mark the complete end of Liverpool, they would just literally be a cash cow.

Barcelona are irrelevant to this and so is the money, it's about supporting your manager and not just taking the money. Liverpool aren't a club that should be being run purely or profit like they are now, they should be aiming for success.

12 minutes ago, FOYM said:

After how this window has went, I wouldn't rule anything out. They have the money and they need a big name to replace Neymar. Plus, our owners have failed Klopp thus summer so what's one more knife in the back.

How have they failed him, exactly? Leipzig didn't want to sell Keita for any price, and it was Klopp who cocked up the van Dijk deal.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is there a worry amongst Liverpool fans that Klopp could walk because of this? Genuinely not trolling I'm just curious.

Hypothetically yes, and I wouldn't blame him one bit, but it is hypothetical, because we're not selling him.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

No, you totally lost your shit because someone posted a ESPN (lol) link saying it was a done deal saying shit like "we better fucking replace him THIS window" and 'FSG are cunts" and "Klopp should fucking walk"  

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. All this 'Klopp should walk' and FSG are absolute cunts is totally irrational and premature. 

Fuck sake the window is still open and we are not the only club to still have some business to do. Coutinho hasn't been sold yet despite absolute shit sources stating otherwise. 

You really do need to chill the fuck out. 

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool aren't a club that should be being run purely or profit like they are now, they should be aiming for success.

I agree, they shouldn't be this but many are and clubs that make more money than them like Arsenal for example have been like this for a long while now.  It's just a common situation everywhere these days unfortunately and yes, I agree, Liverpool are massive but I bet you anything the owners don't know how massive they actually are.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree, they shouldn't be this but many are and clubs that make more money than them like Arsenal for example have been like this for a long while now.  It's just a common situation everywhere these days unfortunately and yes, I agree, Liverpool are massive but I bet you anything the owners don't know how massive they actually are.

I think they do. And they know that they will still sell out most weeks and still sell out in the far East or wherever in pre season without showing any ambition of winning anything. We could go another few years without winning anything and they'll still have the 'LFC Family' (cringe) eating out of their hand

I'm not about to believe that foreign ownership especially foreign ownership from outside Europe (on top of that coming from a social group that knows very little about football historically) has enough sentiments to understand the meaning of football clubs like Liverpool.  These people see brandnames and they KNOW about brandnames!

38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, you totally lost your shit because someone posted a ESPN (lol) link saying it was a done deal saying shit like "we better fucking replace him THIS window" and 'FSG are cunts" and "Klopp should fucking walk"  

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. All this 'Klopp should walk' and FSG are absolute cunts is totally irrational and premature. 

Fuck sake the window is still open and we are not the only club to still have some business to do. Coutinho hasn't been sold yet despite absolute shit sources stating otherwise. 

You really do need to chill the fuck out. 

Do you honestly believe this window will end as a resounding success. You've never once gave your opinion other than shout "calm down guyssss" 

3 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Do you honestly believe this window will end as a resounding success. You've never once gave your opinion other than shout "calm down guyssss" 

If we keep Coutinho and with the additions we've made already I'd say so far it's been a fair to middly window so far. Not what was promised and some holes left unfilled, but ok. 

If in the remaining 3 weeks though we manage to get VVD over the line then I'd say yes, it's been a succesfull one. If we managed to get another ontop of that also, say Keita (not happening) I'd be absolutely delighted and would say it's been our best window in a decade. 

If though we didn't get anyone else in other than what we have now BUT lost Coutinho, I'd say it's been pretty much a disaster and I'd be as upset as any one of you lads. 

3 weeks left though, let's see what happens.  

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If we keep Coutinho and with the additions we've made already I'd say so far it's been a fair to middly window so far. Not what was promised and some holes left unfilled, but ok. 

If in the remaining 3 weeks though we manage to get VVD over the line then I'd say yes, it's been a succesfull one. If we managed to get another ontop of that also, say Keita (not happening) I'd be absolutely delighted and would say it's been our best window in a decade. 

If though we didn't get anyone else in other than what we have now BUT lost Coutinho, I'd say it's been pretty much a disaster and I'd be as upset as any one of you lads. 

3 weeks left though, let's see what happens.  

Keita is the best thing you've been involved in as a possibility.  He is total class and would improve so many teams!  It's about forking out the money and showing ambition.  As you can see, if you want to succeed, unfortunately it's the only way forward.  But then again, participation brings in a hell of a lot of money via marketing for most clubs mate.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Keita is the best thing you've been involved in as a possibility.  He is total class and would improve so many teams!  It's about forking out the money and showing ambition.  As you can see, if you want to succeed, unfortunately it's the only way forward.  But then again, participation brings in a hell of a lot of money via marketing for most clubs mate.

We've actually already made two bids for him. The first for £66m and the second for around £75m. That would more than double our record transfer paid and to me shows ambition. There's only so far you can go though but if they don't want to sell, they don't want to sell. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived