talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Clubs give permission for players to talk to clubs before a fee is agreed when they know he's likely to leave.  

Sometimes yes but I doubt this is the case as often as this seems to happen, and I doubt that this is the case with Coutinho given that just days ago the manager was insisting he wasn't going anywhere.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Balon.... 

"but but but, you are keeping a player who doesn't want to be there... you can't do that!! 

IMG_2220.JPG

Barcelona seem to find themselves in the same situation with Neymar and Barcelona fans aren't crying like that.  They're telling him to F-Off! mate. 

9 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Clubs give permission for players to talk to clubs before a fee is agreed when they know he's likely to leave.  

I have no idea what you're talking about mate.  You're talking about the world in the 1990s.  These days that doesn't occur anymore and the only reason Liverpool were caught up on their tapping situation is because right now with fees as they are, owning clubs are waving away anything they see as a joke of a bid.  Liverpool are well within their rights to do this and they should since they value Coutinho so highly.  I have no idea why Barça are so intent on pursuing this deal to be honest.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea what you're talking about mate.  You're talking about the world in the 1990s.  These days that doesn't occur anymore and the only reason Liverpool were caught up on their tapping situation is because right now with fees as they are, owning clubs are waving away anything they see as a joke of a bid.  Liverpool are well within their rights to do this and they should since they value Coutinho so highly.  I have no idea why Barça are so intent on pursuing this deal to be honest.

Hey? We weren't caught out because of a joke of a bid? We never even made a bid! We got caught out because it was leaked that VVD had met with Klopp in person and it proper got Southampton's back up, and rightly so. It then got leaked that VVD had stated that he would ONLY join Liverpool which basically killed any hopes Southampton had of a bidding war. That was the straw that broke the camels back and they reported us. 

Anyway, from James Pearce (one of our most trusted Journo's):

"There is absolutely no worry from Liverpool that Coutinho will leave this summer, despite interest from Barcelona and PSG.

In fact, the club are completely calm about the situation and would be surprised if the Catalans came back with another bid considering how firm we were with our initial rejection of their £72m offer.

We’ve heard plenty from the Spanish press about a deal almost being done – but it’s rubbish. The Echo’s James Pearce, perhaps the most trusted source when it comes to news coming out of the club, confirmed as much today.

“There’s been a lot of speculation about Philippe Coutinho, but Liverpool’s message hasn’t changed. They haven’t had a second bid from Barcelona, nor do they want one. They’re adamant that he’s not for sale,” Pearce told the Echo’s live video blog.

The fact Pearce just mentioned this in passing and didn’t feel the need to pen an article on it, shows how little an issue Barca’s interest is to Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool’s hierarchy.

Our Brazilian is not going to push for a move having signed a five-year contract extension in January and repeatedly stated how happy he is on Merseyside.

He has a young family living in the city, a fanbase that quite literally idolises him and a manager who could propel him to greatness.

For now, Liverpool’s no.10 is staying put".

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hey? We weren't caught out because of a joke of a bid? We never even made a bid! We got caught out because it was leaked that VVD had met with Klopp in person and it proper got Southampton's back up, and rightly so. It then got leaked that VVD had stated that he would ONLY join Liverpool which basically killed any hopes Southampton had of a bidding war. That was the straw that broke the camels back and they reported us. 

Anyway, from James Pearce (one of our most trusted Journo's):

"There is absolutely no worry from Liverpool that Coutinho will leave this summer, despite interest from Barcelona and PSG.

In fact, the club are completely calm about the situation and would be surprised if the Catalans came back with another bid considering how firm we were with our initial rejection of their £72m offer.

We’ve heard plenty from the Spanish press about a deal almost being done – but it’s rubbish. The Echo’s James Pearce, perhaps the most trusted source when it comes to news coming out of the club, confirmed as much today.

“There’s been a lot of speculation about Philippe Coutinho, but Liverpool’s message hasn’t changed. They haven’t had a second bid from Barcelona, nor do they want one. They’re adamant that he’s not for sale,” Pearce told the Echo’s live video blog.

The fact Pearce just mentioned this in passing and didn’t feel the need to pen an article on it, shows how little an issue Barca’s interest is to Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool’s hierarchy.

Our Brazilian is not going to push for a move having signed a five-year contract extension in January and repeatedly stated how happy he is on Merseyside.

He has a young family living in the city, a fanbase that quite literally idolises him and a manager who could propel him to greatness.

For now, Liverpool’s no.10 is staying put".

The same thing I'm hearing from senior respected journalists connected to Barça on the Neymar situation.  Don't believe all you read because what those inside clubs tell you they're feeling isn't always what they're feeling.  Although maybe that is the case and some of the best football journalists in the world have been wrong over the past two days.

On the getting caught ""tapping"...  Wenger admitted to going to Mbappé's house to talk to him?  What do you call that?  Going for a cup of tea?  The player is under contract!

Clubs do it all the time and they've been doing it for decades mate.  I can recite you dozens of cases if you want me to and cases that are much more famous than this.

Ever heard of the move by Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid?  Do you know how that occurred?  And yet Barça on this thread have been accused of being the worst. xD

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The same thing I'm hearing from senior respected journalists connected to Barça on the Neymar situation.  Don't believe all you read because what those inside clubs tell you they're feeling isn't always what they're feeling.  Although maybe that is the case and some of the best football journalists in the world have been wrong over the past two days.

On the getting caught ""tapping"...  Wenger admitted to going to Mbappé's house to talk to him?  What do you call that?  Going for a cup of tea?  The player is under contract!

Clubs do it all the time and they've been doing it for decades mate.  I can recite you dozens of cases if you want me to and cases that are much more famous than this.

Ever heard of the move by Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid?  Do you know how that occurred?  And yet Barça on this thread have been accused of being the worst. xD

The difference is ... those clubs weren't reported, we were! Which is why we made a public apology. How many times do you see that happen? 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The difference is ... those clubs weren't reported, we were! Which is why we made a public apology. How many times do you see that happen? 

I made a comment a couple of weeks back in a thread that I can't remember which one it was...  The comment was referring to what Liverpool had been caught up on and I defended your club because every club does it!  EVERY CLUB DOES IT, HAS DONE IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT!

Negotiations cost a lot of money without even delving into the actual signing of a player.  There are tons of people involved in negotiations at the high end of football and no club is thick enough to go into negotiations without having spoken to the player himself and making sure he wants to join.  This even before the owning club has given permission because most clubs don't give permission with high end players.

I'm neither on Barça's side on this or on Liverpool's.  I understand both parties (if you read me from the start) and I don't get why Barcelona are pursuing this signing this summer.  It's not needed and smells of something else which has been mentioned in this thread.

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I made a comment a couple of weeks back in a thread that I can't remember which one it was...  The comment was referring to what Liverpool had been caught up on and I defended your club because every club does it!  EVERY CLUB DOES IT, HAS DONE IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT!

You're not getting it are you?

I KNOW everybody does it! The difference is that Southampton REPORTED US which forced us into issuing a public apology. 

That is the difference!

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, I get that.  But you're keeping a player that wants to be somewhere else.

Take for example Barcelona fans who 80% want Neymar out because of these types of shenanigans, and he's 100 times the player Coutinho is and worth more to the club.

That attitude is actually one of a small club. (get ready to be bombarded).

Come on mate, you're better than this. Neymar is not 100 times the player Coutinho is, not even close, and he's far less valuable to Barcelona than Phil is to us. Neymar's actually relatively dispensible as he's nowhere near your best player, and you're likely to be able to replace him.

Secondly, how is it small club behaviour to want to keep hold of your best players? What club wouldn't do that? Obviously there's a line, and if he was causing trouble agitating for a move, wasn't going to be motivated this season, or wasn't so important to us (and maybe if Barcelona weren't such a shower of bastards), I might be inclined to agree with you. But none of that is true.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How can Barcelona and Coutinho have an agreement without Barcelona and Liverpool having one?

Perhaps just bullshit on the part of people claiming there's an agreement between Barcelona and the player but if not this is yet another case of blatant tapping up that will go without punishment or even acknowledgement. 

I don't know for sure, but I think it's significant that Barcelona met with Coutinho's representatives whereas Klopp met directly with van Dijk.

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'm neither on Barça's side on this or on Liverpool's.  I understand both parties (if you read me from the start) and I don't get why Barcelona are pursuing this signing this summer.  It's not needed and smells of something else which has been mentioned in this thread.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol wanting to keep your players so you can progress instead of being a selling club constantly rebuilding is small club behavior. Alright xD

SB has made some good points in this discussion but that one i definitely disagree with. 

No club nor their fans wants to see their best player leave unless that player starts burning bridges. 

I strongly doubt whether barca fans would openly wave messi off to PSG if he had just signed a contract extension and not in any way said or done anything to sour his relationship with the fans or people at the club. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barça are mad! This Barcelona board have no sense whatsoever. The transfer market has gone bonkers. 

It's also been reported that despite previous false rumours that Coutinho was 'desperate' to move to Barcelona, its now come out that he's spoke to Klopp and informed him that IF a deal is struck between the two clubs then he's open to a move, but if Liverpool refuse to sell then he's more than happy to stay. 

I've heard no concrete news as at the moment the club are focusing on finishing the signing of Íñigo Martínez from Real Sociedad which is a very good signing indeed.  The only thing I've heard about the Coutinho situation is that there is a representative from Barcelona in Liverpool negotiating.  But that's been two days now.

Is it just me that doesn't think Coutinho is that good...? He's a good all round player with a very good long range strike on him that sometimes works but don't really think he's that special to be talked about with these sorts of fees being involved. You'd think they're after Hazard or Alexis Sanchez.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived