talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

After what's happened with Neymar there can't (well shouldn't) really be an argument about "if player X is worth this then player Y must be worth that". We've just reached a stage now that football has completely lost touch with money and what anything is "worth". Two weeks ago I was saying we should never pay more than £35m for Sigurdsson now well pay £50m and it'll look like nothing. Horrible sport. 

Prices had gone crazy before Neymar went to PSG for €222m two days ago.  Infact the Neymar transfer and how it happened will effect football in a more negative manner than just over inflated prices.  In years to come overvalued players (price wise) will have seemed like the lesser of the evils.

But Neymar went for a buy-out clause and wasn't part of two clubs negotiating, we can't forget that.  Gareth Bale for example has a €500m buy-out clause...  If he leaves, it won't be for that because Real Madrid are looking to off load him.  Do you see?

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Prices had gone crazy before Neymar went to PSG for €222m two days ago.  Infact the Neymar transfer and how it happened will effect football in a more negative manner than just over inflated prices.  In years to come overvalued players (price wise) will have seemed like the lesser of the evils.

But Neymar went for a buy-out clause and wasn't part of two clubs negotiating, we can't forget that.  Gareth Bale for example has a €500m buy-out clause...  If he leaves, it won't be for that because Real Madrid are looking to off load him.  Do you see?

That won't stop people from saying if Neymar was worth £200m then our player here is worth at least £120m.

There's really no amount of money that would leave me happy to see us part with our critical playmaker at this stage in our preseason.

We're back in the champions league,  Klopp has had a full preseason with the team and this is a really key juncture in his tenure.... this has to be the year we consolidate and finish top 4 again whilst also competing in the UCL.... gotta stop the yoyo-ing.

I can't see any deal with barca for coutinho not screwing us for next season short of a swap deal for 2 to 3 first 11 quality players. At this late stage there'd be no hope we could adequately replace him for the coming season and we'd get bent over a barrell on price if we tried. Andy carroll mark 2.

49 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

James Pearce of Echo has also added that Coutinho is unlikely to move this transfer window.

Still think you can't really be sure until the window closes.  Other reports say it's a done deal. Personally I hope he stays, can't stand seeing the Premier League lose top talent to Spain.

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

James Pearce of Echo has also added that Coutinho is unlikely to move this transfer window.

Yep...  Barça apparently got a phone call from Juve stating that they're willing to listen with André Gomes on the table as part of the deal.  These are rumours though!  I would be VERY happy with that!

On 05/08/2017 at 5:29 PM, Cannabis said:

That tweet would make sense, Dybala is light years ahead of Coutinho and is the player that Barcelona have wanted since he was at Palermo.

Light years xD

Anyway, apparently Barca disagree and are going all out for Coutinho and won't give up. 

£100m and Gomes now on the table... 'apparently'. 

Coutinho will end up at Barcelona eventually. Part of me wants it to happen now because it'll be funny... but I am also in a good position to watch the EPL again and wouldn't mind seeing him play if I watch those red bastards.

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

true but losing neymar is a big deal. not only will barcelona be w/o neymar but his departure left the rest of the team unsettled/rattle and a unproven (elite teams) rookie coach doesnt help the matter. who knows how valverde will turnout, he could be the next zidane or the next martino

They lost Ronaldinho, they won the treble with a B team coach. They get rid of Zlatan, they win the league and CL. They get rid of Sanchez, Puyol, Xavi, and Villa, they win the treble with a 'rookie' coach. 

Stop talking bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

bollocks? xD and what was the backbone of Barcelona? the reason why they are on decline? XAVI and INIESTA

Won the treble with Xavi not in the starting XI and Won the domestic double the year after he left.  They were in a worse situation in 2013, yet won the treble the very next season. So again, stop talking bollcoks. 

In other news, it is done. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3174603/liverpool-reach-agreement-to-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-sources

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Won the treble with Xavi not in the starting XI and Won the domestic double the year after he left.  They were in a worse situation in 2013, yet won the treble the very next season. So again, stop talking bollcoks. 

In other news, it is done. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3174603/liverpool-reach-agreement-to-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-sources

That source you provided is shite. 

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

If we don't sign a replacement THIS WINDOW then these owners can get fucked. Stupid bastards. I'd resign if I were Klopp. 

You really ought to make sure fake news is true before throwing a hissy fit. 

All our reliable journo's are claiming these stories are bollocks. Now, he may well leave but it's not time for handbags just yet. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How about the BBC? 

It's starting to gather speed that he's off mate, £85,000,000 is the rumoured fee.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've just said it may happen but claims it is done are untrue. 

That BBC Gossip column has as much shit in at is my toilet gets every day. and for an Indian person, that's a lot of fucking shit. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived