talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I'm not disputing whether or not they're in any sort of panic mode...  I have no idea about that as it hasn't made any headlines in the Spanish sports media and I doubt that would make the English media before it makes their news.  The fact Barça were looking to sign Coutinho before Neymar departed has relevance in the fact they wanted him beforehand.  It's the the owning club that now obviously and understandably wants more money.

What's so difficult to understand there when as I said before, Coutinho isn't a replacement for Neymar at all!  One situation has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

You said in your previous post that they haven't gone into panic mode, now you are not disputing it?

You see Balon, there you go again going off on a tangent without actually reading and understanding what people are saying. 

Im not saying Coutinho is a replacement for Neymar, we already established that earlier. Nor am I saying that Barcelona weren't after Coutinho for two years previous to Neymars departure. 

What people are saying is that had Neymar stayed at Barcelona and didn't have over £200m burning a hole, there is no way they'd be bidding insane amounts of over £100m for players. Hence, panic mode. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He hasn't handed in a transfer request and he won't because he respects the club. But he has told Klopp that he would like to move to Barça. 

He may well have done but he's not kicking up a fuss about a move either which is why we're saying Liverpool should stand firm and reject any bid

It's all really irrelevant anyway. If he doesn't leave this summer, he will next but it won't be because the owners are greedy horrible monsters! It will be because Coutinho wants to further his career and once a player has a chance to move to a club like Barca then it's virtually impossible to stop them. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's all really irrelevant anyway. If he doesn't leave this summer, he will next but it won't be because the owners are greedy horrible monsters! It will be because Coutinho wants to further his career and once a player has a chance to move to a club like Barca then it's virtually impossible to stop them. 

Depends on the player. Plenty of players have turned Barca down. 

Was the bid really 100 mil? From certain reports it seems like it was 85+15 in add ons, which in the current transfer market is shitty. 

Also, I am seeing on Twitter that some sections of Barca media are now criticizing Coutinho, because they now know that the deal ain't happening. Maybe @SirBalon can shed some light on it, if it's true.

He isn't moving this season, which most reliable LFC journos kept saying all along. But he will most probably move next season. I am certain Klopp will identify the right replacement, but my worry is that the club will definitely fuck up the transfer. But that's a worry for later.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's imperative he stays this season though as we try and build on last season.

7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Was the bid really 100 mil? From certain reports it seems like it was 85+15 in add ons, which in the current transfer market is shitty. 

Also, I am seeing on Twitter that some sections of Barca media are now criticizing Coutinho, because they now know that the deal ain't happening. Maybe @SirBalon can shed some light on it, if it's true.

He isn't moving this season, which most reliable LFC journos kept saying all along. But he will most probably move next season. I am certain Klopp will identify the right replacement, but my worry is that the club will definitely fuck up the transfer. But that's a worry for later.

That's right mate. £85m plus £15m worth of add-ons which, considering the original offer was £80m, is pathetic.

As for next Summer, I think the club have learned from the post-Suarez debacle. If we can't find a replacement for Coutinho, we still don't need to sell him.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Fenway Sports Group ''approve'' the sale of Phillipe Coutinho:

Philippe-Coutinho-636439.jpg

Liverpool’s owners have approved the sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, according to sensational claims in Spain.

The Reds turned down a mega £90m offer from Barca last night. Starsport have been told Liverpool have no interest in doing a deal and consider the case closed but the Spanish press say the Nou Camp club haven’t given up on landing Coutinho.

AS report Liverpool’s American owners, the Fenway Sports Group, has given approval for the Brazilian star to be sold. The Spanish newspaper say a fee of €100m (£90m) plus a further €20m (£18m) in add-ons is acceptable to the club, despite last night’s failed bid. The inclusion of midfielder Andre Gomes in a swap deal is also being discussed.

Sensational claims in Spain xD

They do like a good claim in Spain 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Those aren't Barcelona fans. Those are the social media bandits of which clubs like Barça, Real, Bayern, Man Utd etc... etc... have these types of fans. People that think they're true fans.

Those that go to games and are traditional fans are bemused (at best) by the serious interest in Coutinho. The interest where possibly paying that amount of money is in question.

This board is on tender hooks and an election could be activated at any moment in the next three months. 

• Subscriber

Love the shouts of £80m or £100m being "pathetic". Two weeks ago that would have been a world record fee. Coutinho is good, in/approaching his prime, and on a long contract, probably Liverpool's best player but in the top 5 in the world? Hmm.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Love the shouts of £80m or £100m being "pathetic". Two weeks ago that would have been a world record fee. Coutinho is good, in/approaching his prime, and on a long contract, probably Liverpool's best player but in the top 5 in the world? Hmm.

He isn't. But Neymar's transfer has caused this damage. Otherwise Coutinho at best should be worth around 50 tops. But not in this massively inflated market. You also shouldn't forget his commercial appeal.

Fuck it. The fees are going to continue to stay astronomical thanks to the likes of City, Utd and fucking PSG. If the club's can afford it, then fleece the cunts for all they have as far as I'm concerned. 

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not more than Pogba or Bale is it? Cba to look it up but I'm sure it isn't.

Read my post again. Considering the previous bid, it is pathetic. Their first bid was rejected within minutes, so they take two weeks to come back with an offer with a <10% increase. Surely they didn't expect us to take that seriously?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's not more than Pogba or Bale is it? Cba to look it up but I'm sure it isn't.

Read my post again. Considering the previous bid, it is pathetic. Their first bid was rejected within minutes, so they take two weeks to come back with an offer with a <10% increase. Surely they didn't expect us to take that seriously?

I wasn't responding to you in particular, just the general consensus that that type of fee is not good enough. Bale's record in the Premier League justified his fee and while Pogba clearly wasn't and isn't good enough to justify a world record fee, that doesn't mean Coutinho is.

Then again, I've just about given up on deciding who's worth what. The prices are jumping exponentially by the hour.

Before Neymar went for the €222m prices had already gone through the roof. Look at Walker's move to Man City for example... The Neymar deal has like has been said, distorted it even further and it's totally unreal. 

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Backs up my theory that Neymar's sale will distort people's attitudes towards transfer fees, players have doubled in value over-night after the sale of the Brazilian.

Kylian Mbappe valued at 161m was the distortion imo. Before Neymars transfer there were callouts thrown around for players of 130m 160m....50m for a half decent rb, etc.

Neymars buyout clause was not the cause of the distortion its more a reflection of the distortion that wad already there. 

Just now, Harry said:

Kylian Mbappe valued at 161m was the distortion imo. Before Neymars transfer there were callouts thrown around for players of 130m 160m....50m for a half decent rb, etc.

Neymars buyout clause was not the cause of the distortion its more a reflection of the distortion that wad already there. 

Where'd you hear that from?

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived