talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

Just now, SirBalon said:

What exactly have Barça done wrong in the Coutinho situation?

This is an absolute joke! Hahahaha xD

I stand corrected. I had read Coutinho had refused to train. Sorry. 

Having said that, I still find the relationship between media and clubs in Spain extremely unprofessional and biased.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Having said that, I still find the relationship between media and clubs in Spain extremely unprofessional and biased.

Real Madrid and Barcelona have the strangest relationship with media and I think it's repulsive. Barca also told Mascherano to not turn up to training with us - and I'm sure this transfer request done a day before our season starts was probably a request from the club as well. But there's no doubt that once Barca want a player, they'll do everything they can in the media to unsettle that player. This is probably exactly how Southampton fans feel about us, the irony is not lost on me. However, I'm not a Southampton fan... I'm a Liverpool fan. So I'm going to place them right under Man Utd and Everton in how I feel about the clubs - totally fucking hate them.

The worst they've ever done is with Fabregas. That was the most shocking and unprofessional behavior I've ever seen related to any transfer ever. And after all that, they spat him back out after a few years. Cunts.

43 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

The media isn't connected to the club although the regional media does use bias which has nothing whatsoever to do with what's occurring here. What the media do is independent to the clubs.

Infact both SPORT and MUNDO DEPORTIVO (the two Barcelona based informativr sports platforms) would like to use anything whatsoever to undermine the present board so as to spark off an election race.

Barcelona have been transparent in the Coutinho case and have at all moments translated all negotiations with the club. What the player has or hasn't done is his own doing. 

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

Has Coutinho refused to train? 

Honestly, he's a piece of shit for handing in a transfer request this late on. I didn't think he would have it in him, but he's clearly been told by Barca to do it and force our hand. Offer Napoli 70m for Insigne and be done with it, surely they won't reject that sort of offer. Then, flog this fucker to them for no less than 120m UPFRONT. Then go and get Van Dijk with what's left over. Nothing else will do.

Just now, Cannabis said:

He's not training because of a back problem. As dodgy as that sounds I do believe he's genuinely injured though. 

Interesting news coming from Coutinho's family though, he's been back in touch with Sky Sports and has said that troubles between Coutinho and Klopp had been ''brewing for at least six months'' and that he had become increasingly frustrated at his ''role within the team''.

Lol - "I'm frustrated at being the key player of a team." What a cunt. I hope we keep him for this season, just because otherwise we're pretty fucked this season. But what a cunt.

I think anyone who thinks that a footballer is going to go about things the 'right way' during a transfer saga like this is always going to be left disappointed. It's fairytale stuff to believe otherwise really. Still think Liverpool should stand firm, they can't go back now really to be honest and they still hold all the cards.

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's not training because of a back problem. As dodgy as that sounds I do believe he's genuinely injured though. 

Interesting news coming from Coutinho's family though, he's been back in touch with Sky Sports and has said that troubles between Coutinho and Klopp had been ''brewing for at least six months'' and that he had become increasingly frustrated at his ''role within the team''.

I was aware he was not training because of a back problem.  Just thought by the earlier post that he was now refusing to train even if healthy.

• Subscriber

Saw a funny tweet today that Liverpool are doing to Southampton the same thing Barcelona are doing to them and the same thing PSG did to Barcelona, and somehow everyone's crying about it. That's the hypocrisy of football. 

(Not saying all fans are crying about but some from each party)

45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think anyone who thinks that a footballer is going to go about things the 'right way' during a transfer saga like this is always going to be left disappointed. It's fairytale stuff to believe otherwise really. Still think Liverpool should stand firm, they can't go back now really to be honest and they still hold all the cards.

Unfortunately, the only way a player can force a move is by kicking up a fuss. If you respectfully make it known that you want to leave, your club doesn't take you seriously. We've seen that time and time again, this summer it's Coutinho and van Dijk.

The dick move in this instance is leaving it until today. We've been making it clear we won't sell him for weeks; if he wanted us to reconsider, he should've put in the transfer request much earlier. As Harvey's said elsewhere on here, the first thing a player should do if they want to leave is hand in a transfer request and forfeit their loyalty bonus, because loyalty is the opposite of what they're exhibiting by asking to leave.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barcelona told Coutinho to force a transfer request? xD

This gets funnier and funnier. 

I fail to see how that's outside the realms of possibility?

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't really know what Coutinho has done wrong here (and I'm not fishing). If sources are to be believed he's told Liverpool that he wanted to leave ages ago but wanted to do so amicably. As Liverpool have rejected this request (which they have every right to) he's gone onto the next stage of the process by officially asking to leave. I understand that the timing isn't great but it isn't as though this has come out of the blue.

If reports are to be believed, he informed the club he wanted to leave if a deal could be done amicably. That's not the same as wanting to leave but preferring to do so amicably.

7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

£100 million is amicable. 

It sounds cute, but the money's essentially useless to us at this point. We wouldn't be able to find an appropriate replacement this late in the window, and we're still flush with the cash we didn't spend on Keita or van Dijk.

If he still wants to leave next year, sure, £100m would probably be fine.

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

£100 million is amicable. 

That's essentially useless to us at this stage in the silly season.

1. The transfer market is fucked up, so even if we spent half of that one player - we'd get someone at Sigurdsson's level. Which quite frankly, is a waste of £50 million.
  2. When a club is known to have just received a lot of money and is desperate for a player, the selling club holds them fucking ransom. It's nothing new - but it's guaranteed to be more ridiculous in the current transfer market.
  3. Even if we don't sign an immediate replacement and wait until January, January is an awful time for buying clubs.
51 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

When Torres went last minute you managed to get Caroll and Suarez. How about a Colback and Mahrez double this time?

We signed Suarez before we sold Torres, by a day or 2. Carroll was a panic buy from us to immediately.

If we replaced Coutinho with Mahrez, I'd be absolutely fucking gutted.

Simply put: letting Coutinho leave this season would be a poor decision from us, regardless of whether he wants to move. Financially on paper it makes sense in that it's a lot of money. But the likely replacements are all fucking shite in comparison. Finding a gem would require some serious scouting... and we're Liverpool FC... we haven't had good scouts in over a fucking decade it seems like.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived