talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jobs you'd love to do

football forum

I work in construction and have majority of my working life. Whilst I don't get my hands dirty as I'm on the project management side of the industry it's something I fell into rather than dreamt of doing.

I wanted to be armed forces, that was my dream as a kid, it didn't happen for me due to shit growing up unfortunately, its a regret but that's life.

What jobs would you have loved to have done and felt rewarded daily doing?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd loved to have gone into Sports Journalism or working in the Media, maybe through Sports Commetary, something like that.

Failing that, I'd like to have gone into acting. I had good grades at School and College but chose to go down a different route.

I'd love to have been an F1 driver, but being realistic I'd have loved to have got into property after leaving school. Buying a property, gutting etc and selling for a profit if possible. Properties to let has never appealed to me so buying and selling on is something I'd love to have got into.

• Subscriber

My career I kinda walked into as well. One of my first real 9-5 jobs I got working at an automotive parts company as a delivery driver. After a couple years I started working inside sales as a Parts person from there I challenged my Red Seal certificate and then through that I got connections to my current job in the Heavy Duty sector for a family owned company at which Ive worked for nearly 9 or 10 years now. One of the best things I ever did in high school was a work experience program. Basically we volunteered for 2-3 hours a day a couple days a week.. I got in an automotive shop because that was what I always kind of wanted to do. It was great learning everything from oil changes to tuneups to helping and observing head gasket jobs and all sorts of stuff. It definitely left me the impression that I enjoyed tinkering and working on cars but It wasnt something I wanted to do for a living and both the owner and other guy working there told me that I dont want to get into that for a career and that they wish they did something else too :D

The one thing I always wanted to do was actually Sports Talk Radio. Its always been pretty big here and naturally mostly Hockey centric. Its always something I thought I could have done and something I listen to and enjoy all the time. Im glad I didnt because it is definitely a dieing industry, one of the two big stations that had been around for nearly 30 years actually shut down abruptly about 3 years ago that kind of reaffirmed maybe I made the right choice in the end. 

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

My career I kinda walked into as well. One of my first real 9-5 jobs I got working at an automotive parts company as a delivery driver. After a couple years I started working inside sales as a Parts person from there I challenged my Red Seal certificate and then through that I got connections to my current job in the Heavy Duty sector for a family owned company at which Ive worked for nearly 9 or 10 years now. One of the best things I ever did in high school was a work experience program. Basically we volunteered for 2-3 hours a day a couple days a week.. I got in an automotive shop because that was what I always kind of wanted to do. It was great learning everything from oil changes to tuneups to helping and observing head gasket jobs and all sorts of stuff. It definitely left me the impression that I enjoyed tinkering and working on cars but It wasnt something I wanted to do for a living and both the owner and other guy working there told me that I dont want to get into that for a career and that they wish they did something else too :D

The one thing I always wanted to do was actually Sports Talk Radio. Its always been pretty big here and naturally mostly Hockey centric. Its always something I thought I could have done and something I listen to and enjoy all the time. Im glad I didnt because it is definitely a dieing industry, one of the two big stations that had been around for nearly 30 years actually shut down abruptly about 3 years ago that kind of reaffirmed maybe I made the right choice in the end. 

Call into TSN when the leafs are eliminated in a 1st round sweep

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Call into TSN when the leafs are eliminated in a 1st round sweep

Ive definitely called in the passed :D TSN's station is the one that packed it up, only left with Sportsnet these days. Joking aside I actually think the Laffs might take Tampa this year, gonna be a good playoffs. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If I had no other commitments at all and it was just me I think I would love to become a hunter in somewhere like Africa but not hunting animals, hunting them cunts that kill them for a living... 

I had an argument with a guy once when he kept raving on that there was nothing wrong with hunting as a game sport with a gun, I said "why don't you hunt with a knife instead of a gun?" he just laughed and said "don't be stupid I would get ripped apart" , I just smiled and said "good" and then walked away.

• Subscriber

Photojournalist in conflict zones
Aerospace engineer
Planetary scientist
Marine biologist
Archeologist

And many, many others. I have too much interest in too many things, need several lifetimes for that lol

• Subscriber

I just can't see any logic in a big game hunter, she/he with a loaded gun, kills a wild lion or elephant and then stand beside the kill with a big cheezy grin as if to say "Look at me, I killed a wild animal just for the fun of it".

I would love them to suddenly flash back to Roman times and put them in an arena with wild lions, tigers, etc and people cheering when they get ripped apart.

Archived