talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 34 Fixtures - 29th April-4th May, 2023

football forums

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salah converts a pen, hopefully we can go on to stick another couple past them second half. not currently watching it, would be lovely if somebody has a sneaky way? 

West Ham have done well first half to frustrate. I just can’t see City not turning it on second half. 

I didn’t get to watch the first half of our match, but there’s no way in hell I think our penalty was a penalty. I don’t know what Diop is doing or what Nunez is supposed to do other than avoid the contact there, but I don’t think that’s a penalty.

winning is winning even if it is a dingy as fuck.  Nobody will remember how Liverpool shithouse their way through Forest, Spuds and Pizza hut, all that will be remembered is the points and in the run in, points count, bullshit doesn't matter it's all about putting up 3's

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Did the penalty come from the Diop/Nunez challenge? Or something else? Cos that is such a clear and easy dive to spot

It did indeed. It worked in our favour, but it is ridiculous how awful these decisions continue to be. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Did the penalty come from the Diop/Nunez challenge? Or something else? Cos that is such a clear and easy dive to spot

It did, I don't really blame Nunez because his alternative is to get clattered and risk injury - I don't really know what Diop's doing there, it's just bad defending. But I don't think that's a penalty either... it's bizarre to me because Salah gets legitimately fouled in the box constantly and it's mostly never called what it is, meanwhile something as soft as that gets called a penalty. I dunno how that works out other than just referee incompetence.

It was more forgivable, these referee errors, before VAR. Now it just really underscores how bad officials are - can't get it right even with replays at multiple angles.

Manchester United XI: De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Casemiro, Fred, Antony, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.

Subs: Butland, Maguire, Malacia, Williams, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Pellistri, Sancho, Weghorst.

Far too wasteful, Brighton have allowed us several decent clear chances and you simply can't afford to miss them away from home.

Win it and I think top 4 is done. Anything less and I think Liverpool will start fancying their chances.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Win it and I think top 4 is done. Anything less and I think Liverpool will start fancying their chances.

Man Utd are still 4 points clear with a game in hand even after today's loss. Can't see that gap being closed and surpassed with only 4/5 games to go.

Only drama left this season is to see who gets relegated.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man Utd are still 4 points clear with a game in hand even after today's loss. Can't see that gap being closed and surpassed with only 4/5 games to go.

Yeah Utd probably safe come Sunday night when they beat West Ham. Still, the idea of us snatching it late on is fun. 

Though, maybe I shouldn’t be rooting for Brighton too much. Two games in hand and only 4pts behind us. Luckily for us they still have City, Newcastle & Villa to play so hopefully we hold them off. 

47 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Extremely unlikely that we'll get top 4 but we could make it a point difference Saturday night. I can see United dropping some more points but we've left it too late I think

Liverpool have recently shown that there's still a lot of quality in the side and they just need to bring in a few players rather than throw the whole squad and manager out. That's why next season could be promising for Liverpool. Not enough time to do something in this season though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived