talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Miami Sack Phil Neville

• Subscriber

Phil Neville: Inter Miami sack coach after 10 defeats from 13 MLS games

e87ce508-01e3-41b9-99df-caa270a3bf0b.thumb.png.52d54b5f78bbecc2f2ee20a04138d28b.png

Major League Soccer side Inter Miami have sacked coach Phil Neville with the club bottom of the Eastern Conference after 15 games.

Wednesday's 1-0 loss at home to the New York Red Bulls was their 10th defeat in their past 13 league games.

Neville, 46, was appointed in January 2021 and helped Inter reach the MLS Cup play-offs in 2022......

• 4 weeks later...

Good move, the fact that Miami are building the club around Messi will only be a good thing. 

I don't know how they'll pull it off with the wage restrictions, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jordi Alba announced soon. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Good move, the fact that Miami are building the club around Messi will only be a good thing. 

I don't know how they'll pull it off with the wage restrictions, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jordi Alba announced soon. 

Barca 2013 era getting the band back together xD 

Martino, Messi, Busquets, Alba...

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's like playing Fifa on amateur mode. 

Messi and Busquets could have still played for a top European team for a year or 2.

I think there's a decent chance Messi plays in the next World Cup. He's still a difference maker at the highest level, in my opinion.

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think there's a decent chance Messi plays in the next World Cup. He's still a difference maker at the highest level, in my opinion.

Don’t think his issue is impact on the game at this age, more just motivation. He could go till hes 40 if he wanted

16 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I agree. He's really up to it. Question is whether he'd rather finish on a high.

I'd like to see him play on, and take more of a focus on supporting the team and helping develop the younger players

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was thinking playing for Miami could prolong his international career since he's playing with less pressure now.

Only downside is longer you play at a lower level the harder it is to pick up at the big comps. But then again it is Messi