talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 3 - 25-27th August, 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Rick said:

He should start over Gakpo in that front three. Gakpo is good, but Nunez has earned a starting role now for me. 

The attack is sorted for the next few years, loads of options. Just need to sort the defence now 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

When you're debating over Gakpo and Nunez and then Jota is on the bench as well we have loads of options in attack. Add another defender and we're sorted I think

I think Endo worked well in the system too until the red card changed things, breaking up play low and high up the pitch, releasing the attackers.

VVD was definitely a red. He takes out the legs first. In that moment deciding to do that rather than be totally done. Whether Isak puts it away on his left, who knows. But that is the only part I can not say for certain Jamie Carragher.

I suspect Newcastle would have taken 2-0 rather than 1-0 vs 10. But, this was a match to do better in.

Liverpool with a nice, easy home match next week..

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I think Endo worked well in the system too until the red card changed things, breaking up play low and high up the pitch, releasing the attackers.

Definitely, looks decent him.

Just watching the goals back now, fucking love Nunez, what a player. 

• Subscriber

Any team that pushed harder on the defense today and they'd probably have scored two goals. Credit to Ali for keeping us in this because that save when it was struck Almiron could easily have gone in the back of the net judging by the goalkeeper's starting position. All that said, Klopp puts on Nunez and he delivered. Same side, same tight angle, same outcome. Taking off Gordon was a mistake by Howe because he keeps him on longer and Trent would be forced to reassess any kind of movement he wanted to do up the pitch.

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That Tindall is a proper smarmy cunt isn't he? Always comes back to bite him as well

Him and Howe acting like the chuckle brothers, properly cringe them being besties on the sidelines.

Love seeing Howe’s face after that, he’s a right smug fucker. Fucking poundland Simeone. 

• Like 1

• Administrator

Be interesting to see if Van Dijk faces any further punishment for the extra verbals given to the ref following his red. 

Epic comeback in the circumstances though. Sucker punch for Newcastle. Oh well! 

12 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That Tindall is a proper smarmy cunt isn't he? Always comes back to bite him as well

I don’t really like him myself tbh but I don’t like Klopp either.

I can’t really get screwed up about football anymore but 10 years ago yesterday would have hurt.

Some of the over the top reaction from Newcastle fans is quite something though 

On the managers, Klopp & Howe for me are 2 of the most impressive result obtaining managers out there. Klopp winning 1 league title & getting so close to a couple more is the best Liverpool have had since the 1980's. And what Howe has done taking Newcastle from jostling around the bottom half to 4th, near enough instantly, is amazing.

I guess either could come over a bit smug. I do dislike some Klopp rants & general othering of any club trying to win anything that is not Liverpool.

it was a game of naivity and failure to take chances against one of elite teams.   Against lesser teams you can get away with it but once again a big opportunity presented itself and we failed to seize the moment.

it's disappointing and it kind of makes getting something at Brighton somewhat necessary.

last season we had one win in 8 games, it's not all in one gulp but players getting lost in the moment is frustrating.

if you offered 7 from 15 points when I got the fixture list I would have been contented 

• The topic was unpinned