• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Predictions for the next episode guys? 

Will bran do anything at all of note?

Will Sam head to the wall,  dragonstone kings landing?

What will happen in kings landing? 

Will Jonno be revealed as the living embodiment of all that is good in the world and have everybody kiss his ring as the scene fades out?

Big battle?

Wall coming down? If so how? Ice dragon fire?

Litllefinger getting done in? 

Will Davos become even more awesome than he already is? 

1. I reckon he has a role to play in untangling the Sansa Arya Littlefinger issue.

2. Not sure but I think he might stop off at his family home again and find out about his father and brother, or possibly find out on the road and go to see his mother and sister as a result.

3. Cersei is surely going to try something at this meeting but I don't know what.

4. Not yet unless he makes it back to Winterfell in this episode and sees Bran.

5. Don't think so.

6. I think so but not sure how, the dragon is surely not big enough on it's own.

7. Yes, please god. 

8. How can he?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Other than Bran, is there any possible living thing that knows Jon's heritage? Rumors circulating that a Rhaegar scene is in the finale. 

Howland Reed (Meera's father) was at the Tower of Joy so he probably knows.

I cant see Howland rocking in now with this news. It would be terrible. 

Varys could plausibly get some information. 

Or more likely we might just see bran watching rhaegar and interacting with him in some way similar to how young Ned thought he heard a voice at the tower of joy... that could be a bombshell. 

In the books there were rumors of rhaegar somehow being communicated with to learn about the prophecy of lightbringer, and becoming obsessed. Potentially that influenced his decision to name Lyanna at the tournament in place of his own wife.... maybe we see bran telling rhaegar about the prophecy and essentially setting him up with lyanna.

I'd love some sort of unexpected revelation like that. 

• Upvote 1

Hoping Arya dies in the finale. She's not that relevant to anything major going on (genuinely don't give a shit about "her list") but it'd still be a big death and cause a lot of people to go insane and that'd be lovely.

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

I cant see Howland rocking in now with this news. It would be terrible. 

Varys could plausibly get some information. 

Or more likely we might just see bran watching rhaegar and interacting with him in some way similar to how young Ned thought he heard a voice at the tower of joy... that could be a bombshell. 

In the books there were rumors of rhaegar somehow being communicated with to learn about the prophecy of lightbringer, and becoming obsessed. Potentially that influenced his decision to name Lyanna at the tournament in place of his own wife.... maybe we see bran telling rhaegar about the prophecy and essentially setting him up with lyanna.

I'd love some sort of unexpected revelation like that. 

That is the best theory I've heard yet. Take it you are well knowledge with the books? 

I just hope if the Rhaegar rumors are true, they cast him brilliantly. Most important character of the series. 

39 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Hoping Arya dies in the finale. She's not that relevant to anything major going on (genuinely don't give a shit about "her list") but it'd still be a big death and cause a lot of people to go insane and that'd be lovely.

And I hope Littlefinger plays a part in it. 

Considering how predictable the show's writers have been, Littlefinger will most probably die at the hands of Arya. That allows the makers to give something to the huge Arya fanbase.

Reckon Cersie will pull a trick. Like promise to fight before doing something to jeopardize the operation and making sure that most of Dany's army dies.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Considering how predictable the show's writers have been, Littlefinger will most probably die at the hands of Arya. That allows the makers to give something to the huge Arya fanbase.

Reckon Cersie will pull a trick. Like promise to fight before doing something to jeopardize the operation and making sure that most of Dany's army dies.

Agreed. I strongly suspect given the way Martin wrote this to not pander to happy endings, but to show quite how ruthless those are in their pursuit of power, that the series will end open ended if that makes sense. Leaving it open for side shows. I can't actually see Dany or Jon on the throne. I suspect Cercei will win out in the Game of Thrones

• Subscriber

Cersei surviving let alone sitting the throne at the end would be a horrendous ending. People fall into the trap of thinking that the moral of the story is that ruthless/bad guys win in this world but that's not true. The story is, at it's core, actions having consequences whether you're a good or bad person.

The whole story is about people doing things because they think they need to and then having to live with the results. 

Ned thought it was right to be honest and honorable even when he was backed into a corner, he died for it.

Jon thought it was right to bring the wildlings through the wall, he died for it.

Robb thought it was fine to marry for love and break his vow to Walder Frey, he and his mother died for it.

It's not JUST the good guys though.

Tywin thought it was fine to treat his children like dynastic pawns and he eventually died for it.

Joffrey thought he could be as cruel as he wanted when he was King, he died for it.

Cersei slept with her brother, cuckolded and then killed the King she was married to, did loads of other shady shit, and blew up the Westeros equivalent of the Vatican. Okay her consequences were the walk of shame and Tommen's suicide but she hasn't learned as she's still willing to tell the world she's having Jaime's child, deal with it, and she's planning to pull a trick at this parlay with Daenerys. She can't end up on the throne, consequences!

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ASF said:

Thoughts on Jon's eyes almost turning blue, when he woke up in bed?

Is he immune to the Walkers power?

Interesting. I didn't notice that. I did watch it after work and was tired but I'll have to watch again maybe.

i hope Arya doesn't die, she's a much more interesting character than her ginger cunt sister. 

Also, Jon will rule Westeros. It's so obvious. He's the shows best and biggest character by far. 

3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Interesting. I didn't notice that. I did watch it after work and was tired but I'll have to watch again maybe.

i hope Arya doesn't die, she's a much more interesting character than her ginger cunt sister. 

Also, Jon will rule Westeros. It's so obvious. He's the shows best and biggest character by far. 

Either that will happen, and/or he fulfills the prophecy of the lightbringer/prince that was promised and defeats the night king taking his own life in the process. 

Edited by Cicero

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

That is the best theory I've heard yet. Take it you are well knowledge with the books? 

I just hope if the Rhaegar rumors are true, they cast him brilliantly. Most important character of the series. 

Yes started reading them after i saw season 1. But via audio book. Close to the best books I've read. And awesomely narrated as far as audiobooks go.

This Rhaegar plot would be cool and I'd  love to see it next week. I dont know what to expect though.

I'm bracing for something more devastating than uplifting though. 

If i had to guess I'd say Littlefinger will be killed. The night king will fly over the wall on a dragon. Cersei will do something devastating that only makes things easier for the Wights. Brienne will have a D&M with Jamie where he struggles to look het in the eye. Bran will finally do something more than we expect. Better than just fingering Baelish. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

This Rhaegar plot would be cool and I'd  love to see it next week. I dont know what to expect though.

I'm bracing for something more devastating than uplifting though. 

Finale is titled 'The Dragon and the Wolf'

Increasing speculation of there being a Rhaegar and Lyanna scene 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Finale is titled 'The Dragon and the Wolf'

Increasing speculation of there being a Rhaegar and Lyanna scene 

I get why everyone is hyping but I don't know why they would because we have the important information about Jon anyway.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I get why everyone is hyping but I don't know why they would because we have the important information about Jon anyway.

With Rhaegar, there's different perspectives on him. In the north and at Dorn, he is seen as a kidnapper, rapist, killer, and one who didn't care for the well being of others, including his wife. Many died because of his actions. 

Whereas those that knew him, say he was kind, gentle, hated fighting, an intelligent man and was loved by his soldiers and people. 

Different perspevtives and all that 

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

best case scenario Jon will be revealed as the rightful king to all and sundry by the end of the episode. 

That's worth jacking it to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

As the last episode? 

Yeah, the battle was very poorly written. My wife for instance wouldn't shut up about how there is no logical or possible reason an undead army has access to large iron link chains.