talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

29 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't see the issue people have with Dany going mad, it was addressed by Tyrion and baldy. It's most likely going to set up a storyline with Sam getting pissed off with her and if Jon turns out to be the rightful air to the throne then it could see her go even further creating another battle amongst dragons.

I don't think anyone has an issue with Dany going mad, just how it's presented.

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

See my post above regarding Dany and Jaime. 

And Sam's trip yielded the most important information, that Rhaegar and Llyanna were infact married. 

Nobody will believe Sam anyway. And you could accomplish the same plot device by just having bran see the wedding it in a vision. 

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Break Bad is world class, GOT is legendary. 

I said it. 

I'd say it's epic.

In the same way the Lord of the Rings, titanic and Ben Hur are epic... It's the most epic,  grandest show of all time.

But the wire is the greatest show of all time. Like the beatles vs elvis, the wire is less decadent, but near perfect in terms of quality...

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked Breaking Bad immediately. Weird premise, but an intricate plot with very well done character development.

The Wire has to be up there though.

The Wire is straight off the bat better than Breaking Bad for me, series after series of incredible television that is largely as realistic as anything in the crime genre could get. Breaking Bad was good but it wasn't great until the chicken shop guy got involved, before that it was soured by the moaning of his wife and son constantly which I get, but it was annoying television.

11 hours ago, FOYM said:

Does this show ever imply that the travelling is quicker? For all we know, a month could have passed in the world while Jon and the lads got back up north. 

Fuck knows, I'll admit it's a bit weird seeing characters fly all over the spot but its still a high quality show. 

Haha yeah things have escalated quickly this season in that regard especially last episode, less episodes this season I guess. In the earlier days it took characters about half a season at least to travel anywhere. xD

Didn't Jon want to say hello to Arya and Bran before setting off as well by the way? Or have I missed something there?

Probably the least eventful of the episodes so far this season but still a good watch. Did genuinely get annoyed by Arya lecturing Sansa as Sansa was actually being a good leader, listening to the complaints but still maintaining that Jon is king. I know she's now a badass but she came across as a fucking idiot there.

Hoping for a big death in the penultimate episode of the season (I assume the last episode will be used to set up the final season). Not someone obvious like Cersai either, have Baelish get Arya killed off. Unlikely to happen but you'd get the shock and you'd get the bloggers pissed off. Would be beautiful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Haha yeah things have escalated quickly this season in that regard especially last episode, less episodes this season I guess. In the earlier days it took characters about half a season at least to travel anywhere. xD

Didn't Jon want to say hello to Arya and Bran before setting off as well by the way? Or have I missed something there?

Westeros Geography. Winterfell is a LONG way inland and out of the way of whiteharbor. Or, they may have sailed directly to eastwatch. Either way winterfell isn't on the way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Probably the least eventful of the episodes so far this season but still a good watch. Did genuinely get annoyed by Arya lecturing Sansa as Sansa was actually being a good leader, listening to the complaints but still maintaining that Jon is king. I know she's now a badass but she came across as a fucking idiot there.

Hoping for a big death in the penultimate episode of the season (I assume the last episode will be used to set up the final season). Not someone obvious like Cersai either, have Baelish get Arya killed off. Unlikely to happen but you'd get the shock and you'd get the bloggers pissed off. Would be beautiful.

So you guys felt it was accurate that baelish was back in control with arya and sansa? I'm thinking now this was just a ruse that Arya and Sanda are letting littlefinger think he's playing them but really they are together. 

• Subscriber

Logically they'd have sailed from Dragonstone to Eastwatch all the way up the East Coast. Even stopping off at White Harbour would have added about 40% extra journey length.

It does make me laugh though how in Season 2 it took Davos and Stannis an entire season to get from Dragonstone, to Storms End, then to Kings Landing. This episode Davos travelled from Dragonstone to Kings Landing, back to Dragonstone, then all the way to the wall in one hour.

Weird. I'd call GoT the opposite of epic. Nothing ever seems grand in scale at all. We mostly only ever see intimate conversations between a few people and we never really experience the extent of large the world exactly is. LOTR makes it look like skidmarks.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked Breaking Bad immediately. Weird premise, but an intricate plot with very well done character development.

The Wire has to be up there though.

The Wire is still head and shoulders above all else for me. One of only maybe two or three that never dipped in quality durring any season. Its one of my concerns for West World, seems hard to match how good that first season really was. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Sake, HBO Spain accidentally put the next episode online last night so the rest of this week looks like hiding in a bunker away from social media and spoilers again. Someone even posted a shortened 52 minute version on Facebook today, I saw the first few seconds of the episode.

Be careful out there guys and if you're going to watch a hookie version, it sounds like there are some 54ish minute links missing some of the footage and some 67 minutes long which are the full episode. Don't spoil me though or I'll explode your head :whistling:.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:51 PM, Tanksie said:

Says who? The rebellion only lasted a year. Jon has no Targaryen features and Lyannas eyes, with Baratheon hair.

Not confirmed anywhere. Lyanna is his mother. Lyanna and Rhagar were married. That is all we have.

I have no stock in either outcome really. But it would be hilarious to see the rug pulled out from under that theory.

Immediate bond with Dragon not convince you? And assuming the concept of genetics is present, dark features are the dominate gene. Lyanna had dark hair and eyes, to which the targaryans all look the same due to incest. Even Rhaegars first two children had dark features due to the mother being from Dorn

• Subscriber

I've read that the Targaryens inter married because the silver hair Valyrian look is a recessive trait. E.G. a female Targaryen married Robert Baratheon's grandfather and the Baratheon family all inherited the black hair of their ancestors.

I can't remember whether this was a theory or real though.