talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Aside from that eventually Jamie must die but that was a badass charge it took stones to do that. 

Well, he probably just had flashbacks from his battle against the Mad King seeing everyone burned alive and slaughtered, and he saw Danny as the next mad King/Queen, so charging her, trying to kill her, was the only logical thing to do. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

Watching that battle: When you hate the Lannisters, but still love Jamie. 

A356jiI.gif?noredirect

Great episode. Some nice re-unions with Arya going back to Winterfell, and Theon meeting Jon. The battle at the end was fucking intense. Can't wait for the next episodes! 

The only thing this season has me wondering is, how does everyone get everywhere so quickly? Jon traveling to the other side of world, BOOM there he is etc. 

Oh and Bran is finally becoming interesting:

kbGHpDAnna_j2FHpbUS7SNj284wGPnVuZW2qLFJA

How do you outsmart someone who knows EVERYTHING?! 

That was a nod to a superb piece of dialogue in an earlier episode between Baelish and Varys, Bran gave him back his own line and owned him in the process.

• Administrator

And there's going to be some jealousy next episode. Blood of the Dragon doesn't just refer to Dany but also Jon so we'll see Drogon acknowledge him positively after a few roars and dick swinging.

Random thoughts

1. You'd imagine John will bond with Rhaegal, the dragon named after his father.

At this stage I'm not sure i get what will happen for people to come to see John as the true targaryen king. Bran is most likely source of truth but i cant see a way bran would do it and get the word out. Bonding with a dragon on dragonstone with Davos and Theon it will give some cause for suspicion but i still don't see how it will come out there either. Melisandre has already left otherwise she'd be a possibility. 

2. On another note would you say that Dany totally ignored jons advice when she asked whether she should attack kings landing?  Was this assault  a strategic blow or is this her just going conquest mad and ignoring everyone's advice with kings landing next thing in her sights? 

3. Dany has been the biggest disappointment so far. Totally lost perspective and needs to be snapped out of it. Who will give her the push she needs? Ser Jorah Mormont?

4. Arya fighting Brienne was close to the most joyous moment in the series for me.... 

5. Nice to see Bran be less of a total dick this episode. It's been a long time coming. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Random thoughts

1. You'd imagine John will bond with Rhaegal, the dragon named after his father.

At this stage I'm not sure i get what will happen for people to come to see John as the true targaryen king. Bran is most likely source of truth but i cant see a way bran would do it and get the word out. Bonding with a dragon on dragonstone with Davos and Theon it will give some cause for suspicion but i still don't see how it will come out there either. Melisandre has already left otherwise she'd be a possibility. 

2. On another note would you say that Dany totally ignored jons advice when she asked whether she should attack kings landing?  Was this assault  a strategic blow or is this her just going conquest mad and ignoring everyone's advice with kings landing next thing in her sights? 

3. Dany has been the biggest disappointment so far. Totally lost perspective and needs to be snapped out of it. Who will give her the push she needs? Ser Jorah Mormont?

4. Arya fighting Brienne was close to the most joyous moment in the series for me.... 

5. Nice to see Bran be less of a total dick this episode. It's been a long time coming. 

1. Yes, there's a chance Jon's heritage will come out next week but not sure. If/when he rides a dragon I think it'll be hard for many people to argue about whether he really is a Targaryen. By the way, how has Jon not mentioned to Daenerys the fact that he spent time with the only other known Targaryen (Maester Aemon) at Castle Black!?

2. I'm not sure about this. She didn't go to King's Landing and burn down the Red Keep, that would have been a massive issue. Just because both Jaime and Tyrion were horrified by the people being burned, doesn't mean she is a tyrant for using dragons in battle, because otherwise there's no point in having them. Like I said above now though, I get the feeling Dany will go on a bit of a power trip after winning this battle.

3. A combination of Tyrion and maybe Jon Snow but Jorah Mormont is a good shout too. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say about Samwell Tarly if he gets back in time to meet Jon. The fact that Sam knows about the threat from the white walkers, and he is trusted by Jorah, and Jorah is trusted by Dany, I feel like this will play some sort of role.

4. Yeah, this one falls in the category of pretty cool for me. It had to happen but I don't like them going too far with fan service either.

5. Bran won't just turn into the three-eyed raven fully. There will be glimmers of Brandon Stark in there as well, and I expect him to out Littlefinger for the role he played in Ned's death, possibly in response to a threat to one of his sisters. I know that dagger was used to try and assassinate Bran, to set up Littlefinger's lie that led to Catelyn arresting Tyrion, but was it also the dagger used here?

30.jpg

• Upvote 1

2. Tyrion was urging her to install a blockade of kings landing. That was the plan he was counseling. So where she struck is exactly the place to strike to cut off the food supply coming up from the reach. At this point i think her move was consistent with that plan albeit a little more aggressive. Will be interesting to see what they say to jamie next episode assuming he's captured. 

5. I took it as fact that Littlefinger was the owner of the dagger and the one who set the assassin in the first place... I've always assumed it was his dagger originally and his claim that he lost it to tyrion in a very was actually the other way round.... 

Edited by Harry

Cringed nearly all of the last episode. Cringed during the awkward acting between robot Jon Snow, and caterpillar eyebrows blonde cunt. Cringed watching Quasimodo, ugliest fucking girl in the show Arya fight the dyke. The only part worth watching was the last 4 minutes, loved it when blonde cunt got her dragon fucking wrekt. Was hoping Jaimie would stick that spear through her fucking eye.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

I don't agree on the acting part, and Maisie Williams being ugly, but I do agree that Daenerys is annoying as fuck. She's turning mad just like her father. So in a way I was hoping that Bronn kills that fucking dragon, and that Jaime kills her. 

I like this video about Jaime and his past that lead to his acts in the latest episode:

Jaime had the most incredible character arc in this show so far I think, and Nikolaj Coster Waldau absolutely nails the role. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Cringed nearly all of the last episode. Cringed during the awkward acting between robot Jon Snow, and caterpillar eyebrows blonde cunt. Cringed watching Quasimodo, ugliest fucking girl in the show Arya fight the dyke. The only part worth watching was the last 4 minutes, loved it when blonde cunt got her dragon fucking wrekt. Was hoping Jaimie would stick that spear through her fucking eye.

I agree that Arya looks like Quasimodo, that fight with Brienne was cringe and that Pouty bitchface and blondie are shite actors, and have no chemistry. Rest of the episode was fine though.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, 6666 said:

Another very good episode with a lot of memorable moments. Only annoyance was Daenerys still obsessed with Jon Snow bending the knee. She's going mad due to her nephew refusing to eat her out.

Jon represents a symbolic unity of all Westeros given that he is both Stark and Targaryan. She's going to be mad regardless.