talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

How was their consistency more natural? 

We lost one game all season. You cant get much more consistent than that! 

You are a funny chap you really are xD

Mate on that home stretch we ground out wins with a good few in shaky fashion where City were making it look easy, despite being the ones out in front with added pressure.

We also got a chunk more luck than City with a few major games won in fortunate circumstances, such as Origi's goal against Everton. 

We're still a good chance of winning but I think City should rightly start the season as favorites.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Mate on that home stretch we ground out wins with a good few in shaky fashion where City were making it look easy, despite being the ones out in front with added pressure.

We also got a chunk more luck than City with a few major games won in fortunate circumstances, such as Origi's goal against Everton. 

What about all City's ground out wins towards the end of the season, like the Kompany worldy for example? 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Your consistency came alot more naturally than ours last year. We should be up there but I'm expecting you guys will win it more comfortably next year.

Title 3 season's running? ..has it ever been done in the premier league before? :what:

On 30/06/2019 at 13:19, Happy Blue said:

Title 3 season's running? ..has it ever been done in the premier league before? :what:

Yes. Manchester United twice, Liverpool in the 80s, arsenal in Herbert Chapman time.. Think Blackburn and or Huddersfield did it too? 

4 has never been done in English footballing history. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

That is astounding! He was tested in various games there and let's not forget that within that series of clean sheets there are severely serious games full of pressure. You have to hold your hands up (pardon the pun).

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That is astounding! He was tested in various games there and let's not forget that within that series of clean sheets there are severely serious games full of pressure. You have to hold your hands up (pardon the pun).

His performances for Liverpool against Barcelona and Tottenham in that run were faultless. There wasn't really any saves for the cameras but his positioning and concentration is second to none.

Raphael Honigstein, who is close to Klopp has revealed details regarding Buvac's departure. 

“The Liverpool [staff] had noticed that the notoriously wordless [Buvac] had switched from monosyllables to zero-syllables in recent months."

“Buvac looked as if he would not have been happy with the increasing influence of fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders.

“The laid-back Dutchman had been very popular with the players. “The relationship between Buvac and Klopp has survived, both just could not work together anymore.”

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Raphael Honigstein, who is close to Klopp has revealed details regarding Buvac's departure. 

“The Liverpool [staff] had noticed that the notoriously wordless [Buvac] had switched from monosyllables to zero-syllables in recent months."

“Buvac looked as if he would not have been happy with the increasing influence of fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders.

“The laid-back Dutchman had been very popular with the players. “The relationship between Buvac and Klopp has survived, both just could not work together anymore.”

That's from about a year ago right? Because Buvac took leave before the CL final against Real Madrid and then was officially not with the club by the start of the season. Buvac and Klopp are supposed to be very close on a personal level - but Klopp and those around the club have been very impressed with Pep Lijnders, he's supposed to be the reason why TAA and Gomez got their chances with us as well - and Klopp takes his tactical advice to heart. So if Buvac was upset with Lijnders getting more influence amongst our staff to the club's benefit, then it's for the best he's gone.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.65542384e038f546e269b2a3eaddaee0.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp would like to manage Germany one day, according to his agent. (Welt - in German)

__________________________________________________________________________________

At least he won't get caught scratching his balls and having a wee sniff as Joachim Löw  did xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d22f9f6505a355232

• Subscriber

Not even joking when I say this. He'd win them a World Cup and have them playing some exciting football as well. Can't see him taking it so soon though think he still has one more feat to accomplish which is winning the league with us.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the deal with Oxlade-Chamberlain, lads?

Reckon he'll play from the start of the season regularly? 

Quote.thumb.png.6dec48c03050c207f682c076d2d0c58c.png

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ensured he returned for pre-season in the best possible shape after calling on the help of a Sussex footballer.

Personal trainer and Worthing player Alex Parsons put the England international through his paces while he enjoyed his summer break in Los Angeles.

MORE

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah he will. He recovered well and was actually almost match fit towards the end of the season so there's nothing to suggest he won't be starting this season. I liked him when he was playing as well. Very direct and offered a lot of pace in the midfield as well. I think he will also get a bit more game-time while Naby recovers from his injury as well. Reports are stating that Klopp is hoping Naby is fit for the opening against Norwich but I can't see that happening. 

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hopefully. Mane, Firmino and Salah probably won't be up to speed for the early part of the season so we may see him further forward in the early games.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

He'll play but it's a crowded midfield with everyone fit. I'd rank him 5th in our midfield behind fabinho, Hendo, Gini and Keita and ahead of Milner. And that feels harsh but also harsh on Milner... Bottom line is that's a deep but very even midfield... 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I hope so. While he was fit, he was one of our best players and really came into his own in that spell right when Coutinho left. But there's a lot of competition in our midfield - some of the positions will be won by players due to form, sometimes it'll be based on tactics, sometimes it'll be to rotate players.

It's really hard to say who'll start in our midfield with 3 spots between Fabinho, Henderson, Gini, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, and arguably Shaqiri could be forced in there (although usually it's a 4-2-3-1 when we've got Shaqiri in centrally, so a bit of a different system; and then the 2 behind him will be 2 of Fabinho, Henderson or Gini (if everyone's fit).

But if he can hit the levels he was hitting before that bad injury, then he'll be getting plenty of time on the pitch.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope so. While he was fit, he was one of our best players and really came into his own in that spell right when Coutinho left. But there's a lot of competition in our midfield - some of the positions will be won by players due to form, sometimes it'll be based on tactics, sometimes it'll be to rotate players.

It's really hard to say who'll start in our midfield with 3 spots between Fabinho, Henderson, Gini, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, and arguably Shaqiri could be forced in there (although usually it's a 4-2-3-1 when we've got Shaqiri in centrally, so a bit of a different system; and then the 2 behind him will be 2 of Fabinho, Henderson or Gini (if everyone's fit).

But if he can hit the levels he was hitting before that bad injury, then he'll be getting plenty of time on the pitch.

This is the thing - he was one of the form players in the league before his unfortunate injury. My gut instinct is that due to his injury he may not become that same level of form. 

On the other hand, I want to include him in my Fantasy League team and he's a cheap option so I really want him to regain that form and play like he never missed a minute xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

This is the thing - he was one of the form players in the league before his unfortunate injury. My gut instinct is that due to his injury he may not become that same level of form. 

On the other hand, I want to include him in my Fantasy League team and he's a cheap option so I really want him to regain that form and play like he never missed a minute xD 

It's very rare that a player comes back as good as they were after a bad injury like that. And especially when they're in the form he was in, which is where he looked like he was finally clicking in the team and was making the case to be an important starter for us.

Looks like we've got a few players extending their stays with us: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3897181/sources-origi-set-to-extend-liverpool-contract

So that's Divock sorted, but also from the article:

The determination to tie Origi down is another mark of Liverpool prioritising a policy of retaining players rather than overhauling the squad. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner and Joel Matip are also expected to extend their Anfield stays, while ESPN FC revealed Virgil van Dijk has informed the club he wants to sign a new contract just 18 months after joining them from Southampton.