talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Oh I agree, and it does seem like a dig at me and you xD

Wasn't a dig at anyone mate. Simply stating how he's gone from a player that wildly split opinion to an absolute collosus. He's come so far. How he isnt England captain is a joke to be honest.

Got to love Anelka ....

"It's an amazing front three," Anelka told the Liverpool Echo.

"I love them all, especially Roberto Firmino because he is the key for Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane's success.

"Salah and Mane are ranking in the top five best players in the world right now. They have the quality to play for Real Madrid.

"But today Liverpool can compete with Real Madrid so they don't need to move. Liverpool is very much the place to be."

Anelka returned to England in 2001, joining Liverpool on a short-term loan deal from Paris Saint-Germain.

The Reds finished second in the campaign he spent at Anfield and the Frenchman expects them to be perennial contenders under Jurgen Klopp.

"Jurgen Klopp is a genius," Anelka added.

"I love his work, the way he is with his players and the players he has signed. They're top-class players.

"They'll be competitive for many years. Klopp has brought the club back to where it deserves."

• Subscriber

_111148729_champ.jpg

Calling all you Liverpudlians, saw this on the BBC Sports page and thought it might go down well in here just click on Liverpool: Who makes your all-time Reds XI, just a bit of fun but me being an old-timer picked golden oldies like Ray Clemence and Ian rush, you will see this at the end of the list and then pick your team...

998996914_download(2).png.8321cce0b8f1dd24aa772e2252f23a20.png

I wasn't too sure whether to make this a separate thread or not?   

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

_111148729_champ.jpg

Calling all you Liverpudlians, saw this on the BBC Sports page and thought it might go down well in here just click on Liverpool: Who makes your all-time Reds XI, just a bit of fun but me being an old-timer picked golden oldies like Ray Clemence and Ian rush, you will see this at the end of the list and then pick your team...

Going on only players I've been alive to see play

Alisson

TAA Hyypia VVD Robertson

Gerrard Alonso

Salah Firmino Mane

Suarez

Tried to stick to a 433 but I wanted both Firmino and Suarez in there

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Going on only players I've been alive to see play

Alisson

TAA Hyypia VVD Robertson

Gerrard Alonso

Salah Firmino Mane

Suarez

Tried to stick to a 433 but I wanted both Firmino and Suarez in there

Hard to believe its been so long since we've had fullbacks that were as good as what we have now. Baffles the mind because we've been blessed in most other areas of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Prime Torres > Suarez 

Nah. Torres played in a really good Liverpool side between 07-09 and had the advantage of being backed up by a prime Gerrard. The way they linked up was superb like.

Suarez played in a Liverpool side that was very much inferior and almost carried that side to the title in 13/14. Torres was brilliant but Suarez is the most talented player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hard to believe its been so long since we've had fullbacks that were as good as what we have now. Baffles the mind because we've been blessed in most other areas of the pitch.

Yeah just going off what I've seen there's not been many. Babbel, Finnan and Arbeloa were all decent right backs but were not around long enough. Left back has always been a problem position. Aurelio probably the best before Robertson in terms of ability but he was never fit (I could not stand Riise)

Just now, LFCMike said:

Nah. Torres played in a really good Liverpool side between 07-09 and had the advantage of being backed up by a prime Gerrard. The way they linked up was superb like.

Suarez played in a Liverpool side that was very much inferior and almost carried that side to the title in 13/14. Torres was brilliant but Suarez is the most talented player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Just my experience and preference. 

There were only two strikers I genuinely feared in the Prem, and it was Henry and Torres. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Torres loved a goal against Chelsea to be fair

It was his pace and physical prowess that were a nightmare. Caused havoc even against our best ever side. 

With Suarez I felt we could handle him, Torres was just unplayable. 

On 21/07/2020 at 04:11, CaaC (John) said:

_111148729_champ.jpg

Mine (in my lifetime) would be:

Alisson

TAA VVD Hyypia Robertson

Mascherano

Alonso Gerrard

Salah Suarez Mane

A lot of players from present day make my squad. It was tough for me to pick between Hyypia and Carragher, but in all honesty... I genuinely think Hyypia was the best CB we had at the club in my life until we signed Virgil. Alisson v Reina was tough, but I went with the man who won a CL and PL with us. That Rafa-era midfield is 100% the best midfield we've had in my lifetime. Then our current wide forwards playing alongside Suarez, who's probably the most brilliant player I've seen at Liverpool other than Gerrard... that would be a dream attack.

Not a bad side, imo.

• Upvote 1

On 22/07/2020 at 03:44, Cicero said:

It was his pace and physical prowess that were a nightmare. Caused havoc even against our best ever side. 

With Suarez I felt we could handle him, Torres was just unplayable. 

Prime Torres was a majestic unstoppable beast. I still struggle to pick between him and Suarez.

I will always wonder what might've been if hnando had linked up with Suarez and had such a quality player alongside him, of the type that brings others into the game. I feel like he would've got his mojo back and maybe we would have broken through earlier.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Prime Torres was a majestic unstoppable beast. I still struggle to pick between him and Suarez.

I will always wonder what might've been if hnando had linked up with Suarez and had such a quality player alongside him, of the type that brings others into the game. I feel like he would've got his mojo back and maybe we would have broken through earlier.

Part of what made Torres so brilliant was his fantastic change of pace with the ball. He could go from pretty quick, slow down a bit, and then put the afterburners on and leave defenders left for dead. Couple that with some incredible finishing and he was absolutely brilliant.

I think injuries took that change of pace away, I’m not sure he’d ever look the same as his best ever again. But yeah, I imagine a player like Suarez alongside him would have been a better way for him to wind down his career with grace. Although he can’t really argue against the medal haul he had at Chelsea - or blame him for wanting to get the fuck out of Hodgson’s Liverpool.

But imo, for as brilliant as Torres was, I’m with @LFCMike on this... Suarez was just something special. As complete of an attacker as I’ve ever seen and the whole side was built around him to get the most out of him. I would have loved to see him in his peak in this Klopp side.

Isnt it nice seeing Naby become the player we all knew he could be lately? I think he's been great since the restart (and in most games before) but last night I thought he was superb. 

I think him, Hendo and Fabinho will be our regular starters next season barring injury. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Isnt it nice seeing Naby become the player we all knew he could be lately. I think he's been great since the restart (and in some games before) but last night I thought he was superb. 

I think him, Hendo and Fabinho will be our regular starters next season barring injury. 

Yeah I just hope he can keep himself fit. Every time he gets into a run of form he seems to break down. I hope we're not talking about him in a few years time like we do with Sturridge 'what a player when fit'.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

what a shit thing to come home to :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-53521596

Liverpool midfielder Fabinho's home was burgled as the footballer celebrated the team's Premier League win.

Thieves broke in to the Brazilian's home on the day the Reds were presented with the trophy for their first top flight win in 30 years.

Items of jewellery and an Audi RS6 were stolen during the raid in Formby, Merseyside Police said. The car was later recovered in Wigan.

The burglary was discovered when the occupants returned.

Police said thieves targeted the footballer's home sometime between 15:00 BST on Wednesday and 04:00 on Thursday.