talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

XL Bully Ban

football forum

So do you think about the xl bully ban? Personally I think you have to look at the facts. One thing that I thought is that alot of people buy certain dogs and train them to be aggressive. Those breeds tend to be strong dogs. So it's not necessarily the dog breed it's the owners. And if you ban the dog those people will just get another strong dog and train them to be aggressive. 

Like I said though I do think you have to look at the facts. If the dog is naturally aggressive then it is a massive issue. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Should be banned and there's not even a discussion.

Well that's not true. Like I said if people train them to be aggressive then that means the dog is not an issue it's the owners. However if they are to strong and powerfull for a domestic pet that would be cause for a ban as well. Like I said I don't have all the facts so I don't know 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

19 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Well that's not true. Like I said if people train them to be aggressive then that means the dog is not an issue it's the owners. However if they are to strong and powerfull for a domestic pet that would be cause for a ban as well. Like I said I don't have all the facts so I don't know 

The dog is genetically aggressive, the argument about training them is from an ignorant viewpoint.

• The title was changed to XL Bully Ban
  • Administrator

If you're cross-breeding a dog and calling it XL Bully it should probably ring some alarm bells. 

I think the issues are two-fold though. If they're too dangerous to be trained away from their aggression then they shouldn't be allowed. The other issue being that if their owner can't train them to be tamed then they shouldn't be allowed. 

The incident a couple of weeks ago was horrible. Imagine just going about your day and a dog comes up to you, bites you but won't let go until it has to be smashed round the head. It's not right. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

If you're cross-breeding a dog and calling it XL Bully it should probably ring some alarm bells. 

I think the issues are two-fold though. If they're too dangerous to be trained away from their aggression then they shouldn't be allowed. The other issue being that if their owner can't train them to be tamed then they shouldn't be allowed. 

The incident a couple of weeks ago was horrible. Imagine just going about your day and a dog comes up to you, bites you but won't let go until it has to be smashed round the head. It's not right. 

+1.

41 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The dog is genetically aggressive, the argument about training them is from an ignorant viewpoint.

It's not genetically aggressive. I was just reading about it. It's genetically very loyal however.  Which makes it very easy to manipulate to be aggressive. It's also very strong. Also a lot of people get it for protection. So overall there probably is enough reason to ban the breed from what I have read.

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bully is normally a term for a bull dog I think. Not all bull dogs are dangerous. Staffies are very friendly dogs. As I said they can be tamed but they are very easy to make aggressive. Most dogs aren't naturally aggressive 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Bully is normally a term for a bull dog I think. Not all bull dogs are dangerous. Staffies are very friendly dogs. As I said they can be tamed but they are very easy to make aggressive. Most dogs aren't naturally aggressive 

I know not all bull dogs are dangerous. 

But this one clearly is? 

I'd have thought all dogs are naturally aggressive given its animalistic natures. I think what's more prevalent is that some are more easier to be tamed. It's obvious that XL Bully's in the wrong hands can be/is tragic and catastrophic. 

I think fundamentally most dog bites/attacks fall into two categories

(i) highly aggressive but ultimately not physically powerful enough to be dangerous to a human

(ii) physically powerful but can be warded-off with a moderate amount of resistance.

Most dog breeds, and most animals generally, do not want to get themselves killed or injured. Even when showing extreme aggression. A sufficient amount of pain or intimidation will get most dogs to give up long before they or someone else is seriously injured. The issue with pitbulls and especially XL Bullys is that they have the strength to kill and absolutely no sense of self preservation.

Once they have prey in sight they will keep going until the prey is killed/maimed, they find another target, or they are physically incapable of keeping going. I've seen them get kicked by horses, sprayed with bear spray, or even shot, and they will not give up.

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know not all bull dogs are dangerous. 

But this one clearly is? 

I'd have thought all dogs are naturally aggressive given its animalistic natures. I think what's more prevalent is that some are more easier to be tamed. It's obvious that XL Bully's in the wrong hands can be/is tragic and catastrophic. 

Yeah what I meant is the term bully doesn't mean anything. Most dogs can be aggressive if you don't train them properly I would imagine yeah. As I said from what I have heard they are very loyal and so very easy to make aggressive. I would imagine though that a lot of people have them for protection. Which probably makes the amount of attacks disproportionate. However I do think the ban is right from what I have read.

21 minutes ago, Inverted said:

(i) highly aggressive but ultimately not physically powerful enough to be dangerous to a human

(ii) physically powerful but can be warded-off with a moderate amount of resistance.

Most dog breeds, and most animals generally, do not want to get themselves killed or injured. Even when showing extreme aggression. A sufficient amount of pain or intimidation will get most dogs to give up long before they or someone else is seriously injured. The issue with pitbulls and especially XL Bullys is that they have the strength to kill and absolutely no sense of self preservation.

Once they have prey in sight they will keep going until the prey is killed/maimed, they find another target, or they are physically incapable of keeping going. I've seen them get kicked by horses, sprayed with bear spray, or even shot, and they will not give up.

A few years ago a jack Russel attacked my cocker spaniel. I was able to get him of. If that was an xl bully I'd have no chance. He would of killed him before I even reacted probably.  Now if 2 or 3 jack Russell went for me I could probably defend myself. If a an xl bully did I wouldn't be able to get it of me. If 2 did they could probably kill me. 

I have heard of pitbulls carrying on after being shot as well. 

29 minutes ago, Inverted said:

For the first part, I'm sure I read somewhere that most people actually get bitten more by small dogs compared to bigger ones, the main obvious difference being that they're nowhere near as powerful and you can just punt them down the road if required.

For the second part in bold, I tend to fall under the 'bad ownership' for the most part when it comes to these scenarios. However, considering they're bred with Pitbull's (which are banned in the UK anyway) and are attacking and killing other animals and humans (especially as the breed is new in the UK as well), there's no question that the ban is right.

Not that it matters, as the XL Bully wouldn't be able to do shit to my Tilly anyway. :ph34r:

I mean it's a combination of factors it is never just a simple fact that it is only the breed or the owner. But what I don't get is when people are surprised their dog that is bred and selected to kill things smaller than it, mauls a child, yeah sure you trained it and it's a well behaved dog but it's still the nature of the animal to behave in such manner and I think it makes a bad owner if they deny those facts.

My family has a Jack Russel Terrier, beautiful dog, friendly, loyal, well behaved, social, etc. But if you brought another small animal over, say a cat, lizard, some sort of rodent, he'd go apeshit. It's his nature to fucking kill small animals, his prey-drive would go out of control and he'd be nearly impossible to calm down and control.

On another note I think Bullys are incredibly inbred to the point they have severe problems.

Edited by Spike

• Subscriber

I am an animal lover and have had many a dog in my life time, even in my army days I was offered a job as a dog handler but I turned it down as it meant a 2 year stint in Northern Ireland at the Maze Prison.

Saying all that I see around here girls & guys walking around with dogs like bull terriers with studded collars and spikes on a lead as if to say "Look at my dog, stay clear...", these people are arse holes to me, our son visits a lot with his partner and she has the most beautiful dog going named Brea, lovely dog, friendly as fuck but if you happened to threaten people she knows by scent then she will defend, instinct clicks in and she was not trained to fight for some prick just to make money in dog fights.

D.thumb.jpg.d528e7588ec75a98abefb80cbaca1674.jpg.824ebdae8c48129d7b4ff7c68bd0f7b2.jpg

The video of that guy from the Midlands being mauled to death by two of them should serve as warning.

If these animals snap they too strong to be stopped. The government needed to act due to the fact these animals are too dangerous to be classified as pets. It doesn't matter if they are mild or placid, if it snaps its killing whatever is in its path. 

Sad thing is it's usually kids that get the brunt of it. 

That video though, it's enough to put you off dogs full stop, it's awful. 20 minutes people battled in vain to get those dogs off him. Why they didn't just get a big fuck off kitchen knife and stabbed them to death I will never know.