talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 11 - 4-6th November, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Sorry but why the fuck is Neville saying Ange shouldn't point anything towards the officials. Never heard him say that about Arteta, Ten Hag, Klopp etc. 

Why does Neville get to decide what managers talk about? It's the way they say it, like Arteta, as opposed to what they say. 

Neville's been bought. He's white knighting for PGMOL now.

6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He got a yellow card for complaining :clown: & the most controversial decision the referee made in that match was not sending Udogie off. The only thing he can really complain about is James getting away with that elbow, I suppose.

i think spurs did well to hold Chelsea until 76 minutes with 9 men.  Chelsea's second came after son had a chance to put spurs ahead. 3 and 4 were 93rd and 96th minute goals.  spurs were not destroyed like the score suggests.

11 v 11 the thump chelsea

it was ballsy playing a high line

Edited by OrangeKhrush

41 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i think spurs did well to hold Chelsea until 76 minutes with 9 men.  Chelsea's second came after son had a chance to put spurs ahead. 3 and 4 were 93rd and 96th minute goals.  spurs were not destroyed like the score suggests.

11 v 11 the thump chelsea

it was ballsy playing a high line

We had like 3 great chances, 2 of them disallowed goals, before the red. 

They weren't thumping anyone. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He got a yellow card for complaining :clown: & the most controversial decision the referee made in that match was not sending Udogie off. The only thing he can really complain about is James getting away with that elbow, I suppose.

Didn't sound like he was complaining to me.. thought he came across as very down to earth and non emotional about it, just accepted it for the way it was even though I think he was totally unprepared for the fireworks this fixture normally throws up.. xD

He has Spurs working well, got some good battling spirit about them, The score line might suggest a one sided rout but it was far from that as we know.. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't sound like he was complaining to me.. thought he came across as very down to earth and non emotional about it, just accepted it for the way it was even though I think he was totally unprepared for the fireworks this fixture normally throws up.. xD

He has Spurs working well, got some good battling spirit about them, The score line might suggest a one sided rout but it was far from that as we know.. 

I just think it's a bit weird to come forward and say you had no problem with the referee even though he did get a booking for dissent. But as for the major decisions, there wasn't anything controversial about either red other than the fact the second yellow shouldn't have happened because the player should have been sent off earlier - so he wouldn't have much to complain about at all, I'm sure he didn't want his players to lose his heads - but they did anyway.

I still don't really understand why Spurs let the fixture get to them when they were ahead and when they were looking like the better side by far.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still don't really understand why Spurs let the fixture get to them when they were ahead and when they were looking like the better side by far.

Strange right, They were doing well and had us on the ropes in the early stages then lost the plot completely.. xD I think it was important to them to win all the little battles until they realised all of a sudden they were going to lose the war.. B|

• Upvote 1

On 06/11/2023 at 14:43, Dr. Gonzo said:

They should have made a stronger statement and kept pressure up on those clowns at PMGOL.

Arteta and Arsenal's statements might have had some substance had Arteta not come out and said that 'mistakes happen' when asked about the Diaz thing a few weeks ago. He's just made himself look an idiot making the comments he has over a subjective decision

On 05/11/2023 at 20:49, Dr. Gonzo said:

I feel like it’s been true at various points in my life that even if we look like a pretty good side we end up putting in some poo performances against bad sides. It might not be true, but it feels familiar though.

Last season most definitely but I think under Klopp we've generally been good at putting away the lesser sides 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Arteta and Arsenal's statements might have had some substance had Arteta not come out and said that 'mistakes happen' when asked about the Diaz thing a few weeks ago. He's just made himself look an idiot making the comments he has over a subjective decision

Once a blueshite always a blueshite, I suppose

• Subscriber
On 07/11/2023 at 17:45, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just think it's a bit weird to come forward and say you had no problem with the referee even though he did get a booking for dissent. But as for the major decisions, there wasn't anything controversial about either red other than the fact the second yellow shouldn't have happened because the player should have been sent off earlier - so he wouldn't have much to complain about at all, I'm sure he didn't want his players to lose his heads - but they did anyway.

He wasn’t booked for dissent, stop pushing that weird narrative. He was booked for leaving his technical area. 

6 hours ago, Storts said:

He wasn’t booked for dissent, stop pushing that weird narrative. He was booked for leaving his technical area. 

Hardly a weird narrative when 99/100 times a manager is booked, it’s for dissent. There was no reasoning given on the commentary. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Rick said:

Hardly a weird narrative when 99/100 times a manager is booked, it’s for dissent. There was no reasoning given on the commentary. 

Why make something up if you don’t know the answer though? And mention it multiple times as if it was fact. 

43 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why make something up if you don’t know the answer though? And mention it multiple times as if it was fact. 

Because 99/100 times when a manager is booked it’s for dissent & managers basically never ever get booked for leaving their technical area

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Because 99/100 times when a manager is booked it’s for dissent & managers basically never ever get booked for leaving their technical area

They do this season when the rule got changed, and that’s what the booking was for. Glad to be able to clear that up 

• Haha 1