talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 12 - 11-12th November, 2023

football forum

Good to see Bournemouth get the win, I like the look of their manager and I think people have been quick to slag him off because they disagreed with O’Neill losing his job.

Don’t think Bournemouth have been that bad this season and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go on a good run at some point.

• Subscriber

If Bournemouth start carrying a semblance of form then that's pretty much it for the three promoted sides isn't it.

Newcastle seem to be struggling a bit this season balancing Europe and domestic. I've watched quite a few of their games this season because they've been televised and they've frequently looked a bit flat with the exception of the Sheff Utd and PSG games.

54 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If Bournemouth start carrying a semblance of form then that's pretty much it for the three promoted sides isn't it.

Newcastle seem to be struggling a bit this season balancing Europe and domestic. I've watched quite a few of their games this season because they've been televised and they've frequently looked a bit flat with the exception of the Sheff Utd and PSG games.

Inject it.

• Subscriber

Man Utd are now actually ahead of Newcastle in the table with the same games played. You simply wouldn't believe that based on all of the noise. In fact I bet 75% of people who read this post go straight to look it up to check that it's true xD

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Man Utd are now actually ahead of Newcastle in the table with the same games played. You simply wouldn't believe that based on all of the noise. In fact I bet 75% of people who read this post go straight to look it up to check that it's true xD

Man Utd are the form team in the league! 

Everton have an impressive 'us against them' attitude at the minute.

If they're going to take a points deduction this is the season to do it. Under this set up against some of the woeful teams in the league I'd expect them to still gain enough points to survive.

I thought Branthwaite was immense, he'll be in the England squad sooner rather than later. My hot take is he'll play for a Man City one day.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I don’t think it’s that surprising seeing as Newcastle have been pretty gash this season bar a couple results tbh

As for us, I'm aware I sound like a broken record but it's another game where we lack a cutting edge upfront. I thought Ayew was poor and didn't do enough running, whilst Edouard lacked any real physicality.

I thought Eze was good and Olise did well when he came on, but you cannot rely on just two attacking threats. It's not good enough and instead of pushing on we're going to finish between 12th to 14th again because of the lack of drive in the boardroom. Which is such a shame because there's some fantastic individuals in this team who are going to move on and we're going to look at this as a wasted ers to push on and achieve something.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

As for us, I'm aware I sound like a broken record but it's another game where we lack a cutting edge upfront. I thought Ayew was poor and didn't do enough running, whilst Edouard lacked any real physicality.

I thought Eze was good and Olise did well when he came on, but you cannot rely on just two attacking threats. It's not good enough and instead of pushing on we're going to finish between 12th to 14th again because of the lack of drive in the boardroom. Which is such a shame because there's some fantastic individuals in this team who are going to move on and we're going to look at this as a wasted ers to push on and achieve something.

Eze looked excellent in patches although he did seem to vanish a bit after he got booked. That's one thing we really lack and have done for years, attacking players who can beat a man and hurt an opponent on their own.

Edouard really didn't do much apart from when Tarkowski decided to literally let him score. Tarkowski and Branthwaite had their shakiest game since they've played together and he didn't take much advantage otherwise. Twice I think he was clean through and took too long to get himself set allowing one of our centre backs to recover and tackle him.

A Villa home win Vs Fulham will be:

The 13th consecutive home league win. Best club run since 1983 (the champions of England & Europe era side)

It would also be the 21st home league win in 2023. The last time there were that many was 1998. And there will still be a few chances to add more.

And the stats keep rolling, currently only Man City have more 2023 home league victories.

Still not sure what the expectation should be of Villa. But certainly the best ride its been for a good few years.

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Do you think the board are waiting for an £80m+ bid for one of them to reinvest in the squad?

How do you feel about Hodgson as manager this far in? Seems like hes gone from uncle Roy to headmaster Hodgson

at this point it's get to the international break where we get some players back.  Botman, Wilson, Isak and Anderson should be back after or soon after the internationals and depending on Almirons diagnosis it could be a good time for him to withdraw from Paraguay.  There was a rumour that trippier may withdraw from England due to fatigue.

while it's fun Europe on a regular season grinder with no world cup is chaos.

If Milan beat Dortmund and we don't get a point or more against PSG then we are out of Europe but I'm not really concerned about that right now, that can become a priority when we are further into the build.

it is also a learning curve on how to rotate the squad, we have had many games where we could have changed up the team and didn't leading to 3 games in 7 days to run down a few players.

Another where it seems 75% done in the 1st. Just need to keep concentration levels high, as they say in FIFA, or whatever it's called now.

Villa's next matches: Spurs (a), UECL Legia Warsaw (h), Bournemouth (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (h)

Soon time to see how far they have progressed since some bad defeats early on in the season. And after those matches, at the 16 match point, should also have a clearer idea of where they are perhaps on course for. Certainly seems top half. Where exactly is a bit unclear still I think.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

• The topic was unpinned