talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What do you like most about each season?

football forum

For me:

Spring: That everything comes alive agan, and the world gets more colourful. Also the first mild temperatures. 

Summer: Well, warm weather and that the days are longer. 

Autumn: The colours. The sound of crows. 

Winter: Clear cold evenings. Like when the air is really crisp and there's a bit of mist outside. That is a nice atmosphere. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

For me:

Spring: That everything comes alive agan, and the world gets more colourful. Also the first mild temperatures. 

Winter: Clear cold evenings. Like when the air is really crisp and there's a bit of mist outside. That is a nice atmosphere. 

Is the summer super hot in Germany?

In Canada the summers are brutal. It can go as high as 45 degrees with humidex, thankfully we do have AC’s though.

Lima is different I mentioned it in the other thread that we have a similar situation to England in which it’s not hot enough for us to have AC’s but it can still get bad some years. Peru’s winters are really nice for someone who grew up in colder weather. It’s very refreshing for me, but other people do struggle with it.

Anyways, the other thing about Lima is the lack of rain. I think we’re the 5th driest city in the entire world.

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

Is the summer super hot in Germany?

We do have a few very hot days, sometimes maybe weeks where it goes over 30 C°. I remember last year we had a few days of over 40 C° as well. 

Just now, Tommy said:

We do have a few very hot days, sometimes maybe weeks where it goes over 30 C°. I remember last year we had a few days of over 40 C° as well. 

Do you have AC’s? In Canada we can escape the heat, I know in England (and Lima for that matter) there’s little escaping it when it goes near 30 or above.

3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Do you have AC’s? In Canada we can escape the heat, I know in England (and Lima for that matter) there’s little escaping it when it goes near 30 or above.

Office buildings maybe, but the usual residential homes don't have one. 

• Subscriber

I have said many a time, I love the cold and winter for me, especially if it snows, I think this goes back to when I was young before we emigrated to Australia, I can always remember Christmas time and snow all around and I loved it.

Then we emigrated and waking up on a Christmas morning with the bloody heat around 30c and I hated it, I don't mind it around the 20c mark and that's about it, anything over 30c and then I get hit with migraine plus me with COPD & asthma does not help. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Yeah I know but you rarely get to 40 as I have understood.

Neither does Germany?

Southern parts of England hit 40 last summer.

This year we didn't. More likely to hit 30-35c more regularly. 

• Upvote 1

Let's focus more on what you guys about each season, eh? Some positivity, which was the intention of this topic. 

Today is very dark, cold, rainy and gloomy here. So I wanted to focus on some positive aspects. 

• Subscriber

Spring = hope for me, as silly as it sounds. Watching the nature waking up, everything starting to bloom again, birds returning after the winter, sun feeling warmer again; it's all kinda magical. As much as I love summer and warm/hot weather, spring is actually my favourite season and I do miss it a bit.

Summer - well, I love everything about a proper summer. The heat, the amount of sunshine, long days, short nights, and the way it just fills you with optimism. The time to get fun things done, for sure.

Autumn - not a fan, as it starts getting cold, wet, windy, dark, and gloomy. I do love Indian summers though, that's a good way to enjoy a nice sunny weather while seeing the beauty of all the colours in nature. That's more of an exception though, as where I come from, autumn basically means the beginning of getting depressed.

Winter - I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I love a cold, sunny winter day with a lot of snow, or a quiet cold winter night where even the sounds feel dampened somehow. It is absolutely beautiful. But instead, what you usually get is cold, windy, wet, dark, gloomy kind of winter where you just want to curl into a ball and die. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Not like we get too much of a seasonal switch over here but I have had it in some of the places I have lived in so here goes.

Spring - I think the nice thing about spring is the fact that its pleasant weather. The sun is also very good during this season and its great for cycling or getting out of the house a lot.

Summer - Beach time if you live at home. If you live inland over here just try and stay away from the afternoon sun but its rather hot even at night. Lots of travel, lots of catching up with friends. If you live in the north here you just dont get out of the house as it reach towards the upper 40s and sometimes tip that into the early 50s. Where I lived when I was younger getting out in the afternoon was criminal as in peak summer it would hit above 50C easily. Still, the skies are clear and the weather just screams head to the ocean. 

Autumn - Had it for two years and its easily one of my favorite seasons of the year. The trees turn, the weather starts to transition and I quite like it. The nights start to get a bit longer too and while its not harsh winter (we dont get that here really) its almost optimal weather imo.

Winter - If you don't get snow and the rest of the temperature drop this can be really good. Family time mostly as everyone gets together over Xmas and the week before that so I get to see everyone once a year all together. Did a year in upstate new york and any fascination I had with snow just disappeared. I'll take single digit/negative temps sans snow. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

For me:

Pretty much entirely this, you've described them as much as anything but I think the way they all work against each other. I was in Cape Verde last week, no criticism of the place, it was lovely, but it was quite hard to process that basically every day there is the same all year round. I think the variety we get in Europe, particularly places like England / Germany is actually a real blessing. The crap thing about England is the unpredictability of the rain but the climate is quite nice on the whole I think really. I like variety.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pretty much entirely this, you've described them as much as anything but I think the way they all work against each other. I was in Cape Verde last week, no criticism of the place, it was lovely, but it was quite hard to process that basically every day there is the same all year round. I think the variety we get in Europe, particularly places like England / Germany is actually a real blessing. The crap thing about England is the unpredictability of the rain but the climate is quite nice on the whole I think really. I like variety.

Move to Wales and that unpredictability can go, as it rains more often than not. :(

4 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Jesus, you lot have it worse than England then.

Why? It's not like it would either be forbidden or impossible to open windows and doors to create a draft to cool down your place. Heaven, you youngsters are that spoiled by technical aids you completely ignore old well working strategies.xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Why? It's not like it would either be forbidden or impossible to open windows and doors to create a draft to cool down your place. Heaven, you youngsters are that spoiled by technical aids you completely ignore old qworking strategies.xD

Hey, we're not all in that same boat!

But, what I would say, is that opening windows in searing heat doesn't always work! When it was hitting 40c last year, there was no through-breeze and opening windows actually did fuck all. I'd have very much welcome an AC unit xD

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

But, what I would say, is that opening windows in searing heat doesn't always work! When it was hitting 40c last year, there was no through-breeze and opening windows actually did fuck all. I'd have very much welcome an AC unit xD

As someone who sees 40+ in the summer, unless you live in a place where the buildings/houses are very close to each other opening the doors in a linear alignment to create a draft just lets in more hot air vs cooling the place. We try not to use an AC and a fan more than works well for us but if you go from the temperatures in the northern hemisphere to a 40+ in summers that must be horrible. 

Spring - The smell of nature blooming. The wet grass from the melting snow. The spring birds you hear in the early morning. The anticipation and excitement that warmer weather is just around the corner. 

Summer - Days are longer. Outdoor activities. Grilling outside and enjoying the sheer beauty of it all. 

Autumn - Sweater weather. Fall scents (candles). The trees changing to the most beautiful of colors. Pumpkin spice. Apple picking. Spooky season. 

Winter - Hate everything about it bar the holiday season. I need a white Christmas. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Move to Wales and that unpredictability can go, as it rains more often than not. :(

Mate it's fucking Swansea. I don't think it's ever not rained when I've been there. Dreadful place as I'm sure you'll concur!

Fall/Autumn: Crisp evenings where we can have a fire pit in the backyard. The changing colors of the leaves.

Summer: Going for walks in the evening, the beach/pool. Cookouts.

Spring: All the flowers are blooming, more evening walks.

Winter: Lighting the fireplace and being all cozy with my boyfriend with an adult beverage or cocoa. 

I'll give 2 answers for each - home/where I am now:

Autumn:

• Home: leaves changing, those clear cool evenings
  • Here: temperatures get more comfortable and tourists fuck off

Winter:

• Home: Christmas
  • Here: the days are cool but the suns still out and the extra rain makes things look much more green and lush when the suns out

Spring:

• Home: plants start blooming and things look cool - sort of makes me think about "rebirth" for some reason
  • Here: it heats up a bit and it's nice going to the beach

Summer:

• Home: long days, short nights
  • Here: ehhh... I kind of think summer is shit here. Marine layer causes "June Gloom/May Gray" and everywhere gets packed with tourists. Also increased risk of wildfires, which is never cool.
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Spring - the sign that summer is approaching. Trees or flowers coming into bloom and starting to blossom. Longer days as the clocks change, warmer days become more frequent compared to the days of showers/grey weather. 

Summer - everyone just seems to be happier! Beautiful sunsets as late as 9.30/10pm and you can see the stars, constellations and sometimes planets throughout the season in the night sky. 

Autumn - colourful fields/gardens with the red/orange hue as the leaves fall. Temperatures become a bit more bearable before the cold snaps...

Winter - Birthday season. Christmas season. Snow. Nice and peaceful evenings in the warmth with some winter-warming food and Christmas films. When it's not torrential rain or gusty/very windy weather, and it's clear air with a crispness to it, those are the days I can handle. There's something eerily magical when there's low-lying frost just hanging in the air.