talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 22 - 30th Jan-1st Feb 2024

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Has a team ever been as bad as Brentford and had a player as good as Toney? :ph34r:.

Haha come on son you know the quality difference between our squad and Mateta, Edouard and Ayew xD

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is there some sort of history between Maupay and Maddison? Just seemed a bit random xD.

Genuinely no idea but its made great entertainment lol

What a game haha. Should be disappointed but honestly, Brentford are back. What a performance, dominated the first, recovered from Spurs’ 3 goals in the second, put Spurs under pressure for the rest of the half and realistically should have got a point from the game but it is what it is.

Tottenham are great going forward, the moment they brought Johnson on it was obvious they were about to blitz us on the wings but we couldn’t stop them.

Toney seemed unfit towards the end, I hope thats just lack of gametime and not an injury. We have a tough month coming and tonight was an example of how well we can play against these teams that can afford to spend 100s of millions, looking forward to the next game against Man City. They will probably bum us but still, lets have it.

Edited by Danny

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jesus, Caicedo. Turning down Liverpool for the cash, now 3-0 down and getting subbed off.

The gulf in quality is ridiculous between the two sides. For all the money Chelsea have consistently spent, they've been miles off it. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

The gulf in quality is ridiculous between the two sides. For all the money Chelsea have consistently spent, they've been miles off it. 

There's no excuse for them to be this badly outclassed either. Obviously Klopp has had years to coach his tactics into these players but Chelsea look like they have no idea what they're supposed to be doing. The more you see of Poch's career since Spurs, the more his success there looks like an anomaly.

There was no difference between Van Dijk on Nkunku there and the incident Liverpool got a penalty for in the first half by the way. It's one thing having inconsistency between games but it's literally the same officials in the same match xD.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

There's no excuse for them to be this badly outclassed either. Obviously Klopp has had years to coach his tactics into these players but Chelsea look like they have no idea what they're supposed to be doing. The more you see of Poch's career since Spurs, the more his success there looks like an anomaly.

Yeah exactly. Chelsea are just a bunch of individuals thrown together as opposed to a team. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

There was no difference between Van Dijk on Nkunku there and the incident Liverpool got a penalty for in the first half by the way. It's one thing having inconsistency between games but it's literally the same officials in the same match xD.

Won't hear the Liverpool fans criticise the ref tonight... 

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

How decent is Bradley? Just a good spell or the real deal?

Obviously it's early days but he looks a proper player. We'd not seen much of him in the Liverpool team until this season but there was still talk of him being highly rated before that and he had an impressive loan spell at Bolton last season where he won their player of the year I believe.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah exactly. Chelsea are just a bunch of individuals thrown together as opposed to a team. 

Won't hear the Liverpool fans criticise the ref tonight... 

Great ref Tierney.

• Haha 3

Outstanding performance. A proper battering and one that was needed. This is an exciting team. 

Bradley is fucking brilliant. He’s a smart defender and can do a job going forward. Delighted to see him score as well, he deserved it. Would happily see Trent in that midfield going forward and have Bradley as our starting RB. He’s young, but so was Trent and he made that position his own very quickly, no reason why Bradley can’t do the same. 

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna say it.

Chelsea should have had two penalties tonight, the latter definitely was and I'd have wanted the first too if that happened to Leeds in a game. Liverpool got away with those.

But I still don't think it would have made a difference. Chelsea were battered to a pulp. The midfield was swamped. Liverpool were brilliant. They could have got 7 or 8 tonight, easy.

Darwin Nunez, I just don't even know where to begin. Absolute chaos that bloke, fun for the neutral though xD

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can’t tell if we were very good or if Chelsea are just absolute dogshit tbh, either way I’ll take it

Both! 

• Subscriber

I just hope Diogo is fine and there aren't any problems with the knock he got. I think we're going into the Arsenal game with a team that has gained quite a lot of confidence. Also, special shout to Konate who has really played super sweeper behind Bradley allowing him to play much higher up the pitch. I was really hoping they gave Joe a crack at the penalty just to get him on the score-sheet and I am hoping this is the year he gets his first goal because even he has improved massively in the last few weeks. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea are in a government orchestrated crisis, they gave the club to someone who is completetly unfit to own a football club.

I feel for the fans, this is just rampant incompetence 

Every club could get turned into shit overnight by being sold to the wrong people. We've seen it time and time again. My sympathy for Chelsea is somewhat limited by the fact they're working in a system which allows them to spend hundreds of millions every window with impunity while the majority of the rest of the league are scared to even make loan signings because of the financial rules. 

Some people contort themselves into thinking that Chelsea "earn the right" to spend that money though because they sell a lot of shirts in China or their accountants were clever enough to find an amortisation loophole, that's apparently football nowadays.

• The topic was unpinned