Wednesday 31st January, 2024
Man City vs Burnley, 19.30
Tottenham vs Brentford, 19.30

Liverpool vs Chelsea, 20.15

Thursday 1st February, 2024
West Ham vs Bournemouth, 19.30

Wolves vs Man Utd, 20.15

image.png

This week is beginning to feel massive now.

If we can beat Sheffield United, sign 3 or more players and take something from Brighton then it changes our whole outlook for the season.

If we fail to beat Sheffield United, don't sign any attacking players and lose to Brighton then this fanbase is going to be the most toxic it's been in at least 17 years.

• Subscriber

I actually don't think handballs like this should result in a penalty but Everton Twitter up in arms again and you can't blame them when you see the ones we've had against us this season, e.g. Man City and Onana's handball.

Apparently VAR explained this one away by saying its because he had his arm down by his side...

Still only had one penalty this season and it was the 10 point deduction. 

Disappointing, but not really surprising. It has felt like Villa have been in 3rd gear with a possible flat tyre since the Man City - Arsenal week back in December.

They need things sorted for the Chelsea FA Cup replay. And it really would be a pity to just drift backwards in the league, showing 85% of the pundits to be totally accurate / giving them what they want.

49 minutes ago, Danny said:

Happy to eat my recent words on Eze, I guess hes fully fit now @The Palace Fan xD

Also has a team ever been as shit as Palace and also had players as good as Eze and Olise?

Doucoure, Anderson, Guehi, Lerma, Mitchell, Johnstone...

It's a good starting XI when everybody's fit. It's the lack of sufficient depth that's a problem.

• Subscriber

Luton genuinely might do this. They're no joke at home at all.

Brighton really aren't all that this season. Don't know if it's as simple as them struggling to juggle Europe but they've been really off it for most of the season. I'm actually quite surprised they're in the top half still.

Had a feeling Newcastle were going to get a result at Villa but bottled having them to actually win and just went for a draw. I think they're going to upturn again. I believe there is something in the theory in that they were very fatigued and that having a couple of weeks break has done them the world of good. Two good away wins since coming back.

• The topic was unpinned