talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 27 - 2-4th March, 2024

• Subscriber

I don't think it's just wishful thinking to say the tide seems to be turning on Luton now. They've been comfortably dealt with by Aston Villa so far. Got Palace away next which is going to be a struggle now that they've been rejuvenated by a new manager.

These reports have been coming out that Edwards has had two league tables on the dressing room wall to show the table with an without our points deduction. By focusing on us instead of just accruing as many points as possible, you can't help but feel Everton getting 4 points back is going to come as a bit of a body blow for them psychologically.

Cue second half comeback and 3-2 win.

Watkins with the opener & the 2nd. Think still only Haaland & Salah with more total goals & assists. And getting ahead early seems as much of this sides identity as the offside trap.

Good to see Konsa back. Returns us to 4 fit CBs. And allows Pau Torres to be cautiously rested.

Jacob Ramsey going off, yet again, is a blow.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think it's just wishful thinking to say the tide seems to be turning on Luton now. They've been comfortably dealt with by Aston Villa so far. Got Palace away next which is going to be a struggle now that they've been rejuvenated by a new manager

They've had a lot of difficult fixtures recently though. And still competed and scored. Maybe they get up for the bigger games as they had no right losing against Sheff Utd, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. 

Just seen their fixtures, having to go away to Spurs, Arsenal and Man City probably doesn't help xD

• Administrator

Luton get a goal back! Chong deserves that, been a good game from him. 

Bit of a scrap but they'll take it. 

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think it's just wishful thinking to say the tide seems to be turning on Luton now. They've been comfortably dealt with by Aston Villa so far. Got Palace away next which is going to be a struggle now that they've been rejuvenated by a new manager.

These reports have been coming out that Edwards has had two league tables on the dressing room wall to show the table with an without our points deduction. By focusing on us instead of just accruing as many points as possible, you can't help but feel Everton getting 4 points back is going to come as a bit of a body blow for them psychologically.

Cue second half comeback and 3-2 win.

Here's an idea, how about keeping your big fat mouth shut next time mate? Cheers.

• Haha 2

Unlucky for Luton. Tactically on Villa, it feels like they've been stung a few times now, when they put the early effort in, get 2 or 3 up, and sort of maybe look to sit back on the lead. Try to control the game with possession. If I was setting up a side against it, especially a lower side, I'd be looking to raise the tempo when Luton did so. As a good way to try & get results. Also Morgan Rogers was a notable downgrade on J Ramsey in terms of defensive work. And became 1 of those substitutes on to be substituted off. Thankfully they did find a big finish in them. Probably will need much better over the next 4 games.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

xG of 2.7 for us today and 1 goal. xG of 1.73 for them and 3 goals.

That's pissed me off the most of any game this season I think. Missed penalty, McNeil find the goalkeeper from 6 yards out. We had half a dozen balls fall to players on the edge of the box ballooned high and wide. Soucek's goal wasn't that much of a better chance and he finds the top corner. Areola played out of his skin but it's beyond a joke now. Our xG underperformance must be hitting all-time records this season, especially at home. 

We shouldn't need too many more points to survive still but we look more likely to get them on the road than at home even with Burnley and Sheffield United still to come to Goodison.

There we go. Literally incredible.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Annoying, Chelsea have created nothing outside of the goal and as great as the ball in and the header were, it was completely uncontested. How have Zanka and Ajer let Jackson slip in between them, when he's the only person forward? Terrible defending, take control.

I want us to swap to a 4-3-3 in the second half, get more pace down the wings, get more creativity in the middle and try to overload this Chelsea team. The way Poch has set up has cancelled out our attack, but it's also left Chelsea pretty weak going forward.

If only Toney scored a couple of those 20 goals he's guaranteed to score per season.

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If only Toney scored a couple of those 20 goals he's guaranteed to score per season.

Yes the man who has not played football for months on end will be back to full fitness straight away.

But 4 in 7 is exactly the record that gets him 20 a season.

Edited by Danny

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Major error by Paul Tierney. You can see why Maranakis is fuming

Liverpool fans are quiet. Even when Tierney does something for them... 

• Haha 1

very happy with the win,  Joe Willock's return is massive,  but more importantly outside of Wilson and Joelinton who are done for the season we probably have the strongest team we have had since October.  

Bruno has been playing as more of a attacking player and has unleashed his absolute best,  he had an absolutely filthy no look pass that Almiron was unable to tuck away,  it was outright filthy. 

40 points now so safe from relegation. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Liverpool fans are quiet. Even when Tierney does something for them... 

He did exactly the same in Forest's favour earlier in the game.

Should have been a foul on Konate and a free kick to Liverpool anyway

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Should have been a foul on Konate and a free kick to Liverpool anyway

Maybe so. But at the time he paused the game, Forest had the ball. Yet when play restarted, Liverpool were given possession. 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe so. But at the time he paused the game, Forest had the ball. Yet when play restarted, Liverpool were given possession. 

Yeah and like I said, he did the same in Forest's favour earlier in the game. 

I think it's fair to refer to the Forest-Liverpool incident as balancing out the Spurs-Liverpool one from early in the season. But at this stage it's Villa who could be most screwed over by weird Liverpool refereeing. We could have been 7 points ahead of Spurs.

• The topic was unpinned