• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs GMT

Saturday 9th March, 2024
Man Utd vs Everton, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Bournemouth vs Sheff Utd
Crystal Palace vs Luton
Wolves vs Fulham

Arsenal vs Brentford, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 10th March, 2024
Aston Villa vs Tottenham, 13.00 (live on Sky)

Brighton vs Nottm Forest, 14.00
Wolves vs West Ham, 14.00

Liverpool vs Man City, 15.45 (live on Sky)

Monday 11th March, 2024
Chelsea vs Newcastle, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Wednesday 13th March, 2024
Bournemouth vs Luton, 19.30

image.png

After the torture that was Burnley v Bournemouth last week (Crime of a top flight fixture) it's class to see a Super Sunday of Villa v Spurs and Liverpool v City.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

After the torture that was Burnley v Bournemouth last week (Crime of a top flight fixture) it's class to see a Super Sunday of Villa v Spurs and Liverpool v Chelsea.

And Liverpool vs Man City! 

• Subscriber

Obviously a stonewall penalty by today's standards and it's idiotic from Tarkowski but if football was anything resembling a genuine 'sport' anymore it would be Garnacho getting booked there for throwing himself down when he could quite easily have stayed on his feet and continued the attack.

Don't know why I watch this shite anymore to he honest.

• Subscriber

United are absolutely shite and they're not up for it here yet we've gifted them a lead to hold on to and we're more likely to lose 3-0 from counter attacks than we are to equalise.

• Subscriber

This team is torture to watch. Last weekend everyone was crying about how our attacking players need to step up because they're letting our very good defensive players down. This weekend our defenders have responded by leaving all of their brain cells at home.

Man Utd hand out points like sweets nowadays and I've just heard in commentary we've not beaten them in 11 years. That's embarrassing. We reserve all of our worst performances for them. They don't even play well against us, we just find ways to gift them goals and wins.

Godfrey was initially doing a decent job at right back but I don't get Dyche's vendetta against Patterson. Young and Godfrey have made just as many howlers when they've been given games at right back and keep their place but as soon as Patterson has a wobbly performance he isn't trusted for 3 months. It's more about the fact that he actually runs past the halfway line and it gives the manager a nosebleed.

Losing my patience with Harrison as well. Our team is a horrendous place for any attacking player to showcase any quality but you still get SOME opportunities and I can't remember the last time he did anything useful in the final third.

• Subscriber

Predictable garbage. Both teams just spent the second half going through the motions because they knew as well as we did that match was over the second Tarkowski lost his mind and kicked Garnacho over.

Three weeks without Everton. Get in. Dyche has that time now to reset the team and come back and get enough points not to have us in trouble in the last few weeks. We have the fixtures and this is a good time for a break. I just about trust that he'll deliver but he's winless in 11 and the patience is always less when your matches are shite to watch as well.

Man United are definitely an odd club right now. From what I see, they no longer play especially exciting football & most of their goals seem to be set pieces & counter attacks. Yet they always seem to default out to be in a European spot of 1 type or another.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

Got to love FPL and DGW's.

As soon as you put Solanke Captain and bring in Bournemouth defensive assests, of course they'd concede and Solanke would miss a penalty.

Just textbook isn't it.

I wonder if a player dodging a stonewall sending-off for diving and then scoring the winner will generate as much media buzz as a contentious restart.

Edited by Inverted

Not watched the whole game, sounds like there is issue regarding Havertz?

To push a title challenging team that have spent the amount Arsenal have whilst being mostly at full strength when we have 6 first eleven players out is a great effort. To go toe to toe with a team that can spend £100m on one player, what a team.

28 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I wonder if a player dodging a stonewall sending-off for diving and then scoring the winner will generate as much media buzz as a contentious restart.

Of course it won't

Deserved win which would've been much easier if Ramsdale didn't mess up. Not playing seems to have fucked him in the head. Should've gotten a penalty near the end as well which the officials denied. Either way, three points and top of the league for now.

13 hours ago, Danny said:

Not watched the whole game, sounds like there is issue regarding Havertz?

To push a title challenging team that have spent the amount Arsenal have whilst being mostly at full strength when we have 6 first eleven players out is a great effort. To go toe to toe with a team that can spend £100m on one player, what a team.

Not sure how accurate this is. But it seems that he has spent in 5 years.

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

As soon as you put Solanke Captain and bring in Bournemouth defensive assests, of course they'd concede and Solanke would miss a penalty.

Just textbook isn't it.

Captained him to as it's a double game week. I've taken Haaland out.

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just textbook isn't it.

Everyone did the same thing so nothing lost.

There's definitely a tendency for falling to pieces at the big matches now. Would be unacceptable at a club expected to be where Villa have been & are. Trying to dwell on how Top 6 or even 5 will still be difficult to miss from here. And how unusual these results seem, compared to 16 months or so back.

Big test for Quansah today. The lad has all the talent, so I’m not too worried about him stepping in for Konate. Surprised to see Gomez start at LB, has Robbo got a knock? 

Also fine with Elliott starting in the front three over Gakpo, who I think has been very wasteful the last few games with Salah out. I’ve not been overly impressed as of late. 

• The topic was unpinned