Arsenal vs Luton
Brentford vs Brighton

Man City vs Aston Villa, 20.15

Thursday 4th April, 2024
Liverpool vs Sheff Utd

Chelsea vs Man Utd, 20.15

image.png

Up the Villa!  Up the Hatters! 

Ollie Watkins hat-trick please and thank you. A Tim Krul 80 yard winner would be nice too. As for us, no excuse not to beat them comfortably. I’ll say 3-0. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber

We should be looking at this as very much winnable given that we've won more away than home under Dyche and that Newcastle's injury and suspension list as almost as long as Nottingham Forest's transfer incomings since promotion. This team has absolutely nothing going for it at the moment though. They've found surprise wins to turn the tide before so it could happen but in terms of actual expectation, any Everton fan who's hopes aren't on the floor at this point is a fool.

If we play the same way against Brighton as we did against United, at home, under the lights, then I think we can get the win. I think Brighton have shown this season that they are not quite as strong as last season and are susceptible to being hit on the counter.

Still they are a good team and I could be proved wrong, but I think this is a great opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and the relegation battle now.

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

If we play the same way against Brighton as we did against United, at home, under the lights, then I think we can get the win. I think Brighton have shown this season that they are not quite as strong as last season and are susceptible to being hit on the counter.

Still they are a good team and I could be proved wrong, but I think this is a great opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and the relegation battle now.

Brighton are dangerous on the counter though. They really weren't up to much in the second half when we played them just now, but in that first half they were a constant threat due to their counters. You're a good side, but I do think your biggest weakness is fragility at the back - so in that regard Brighton are a pretty dangerous side for you because they're good enough to create chaos in the back without having too much of the ball.

Still winnable for you though, for sure. They've got their own fragility at the back as well.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Brighton are dangerous on the counter though. They really weren't up to much in the second half when we played them just now, but in that first half they were a constant threat due to their counters. You're a good side, but I do think your biggest weakness is fragility at the back - so in that regard Brighton are a pretty dangerous side for you because they're good enough to create chaos in the back without having too much of the ball.

Still winnable for you though, for sure. They've got their own fragility at the back as well.

We are more likely to give them possession though than the other way round, is my thinking

We are in the predicament that Lewis Hall has to play now, with Lascelles out it will see Burn needing to go back to CB.  We may have Trippier return.

Gordon is going to be a loss but i think Barnes and Murphy should cause problems.

• Subscriber

That's a war crime of a lineup from Dyche. I don't think we've won a game since Godfrey has been playing in one of the full back positions. He gets targeted all the time. Coleman made a mistake on Saturday and Patterson isn't ideal defensively but play an actual right back there ffs. 

Young at right wing. I know he played there in the 3-0 win against these at home but... eugh.

Sadly, Harrison, Garner and Calvert-Lewin can all have no complaints about getting hooked.

• Subscriber

Forest 2-0 up as well. Getting things done when they have the chance which we absolutely won't do at home to Burnley on Saturday. Forest will be ahead of us on goal difference by the end of tonight.

• Subscriber

That second half was actually decent. Not great but decent. The body language wasn't resigned as it was in the first half. Got the rub of the green for once with the timing of Newcastle's disallowed goal knocking the wind out of them and getting a penalty. Jordan Pickford man of the match because they probably should have been out of sight by the time we woke up.

Use that as a platform to beat Burnley on Saturday and we should be back on track to survive. Hopefully Wolves nick a winner and then no silly bullshit from Arsenal against Luton tomorrow.

Bournemouth had Justin Kluivert, Tyler Adams, Antoine Semenyo, Milos Kerkez, Max Aarons, Enes Unal and Romaine Favre on the bench.

Now our bench had Odsonne Edouard complimented by Jeffrey Schlupp, Nathaniel Clyne, James Tomkins and a load of kids who are nowhere near ready to start a game for us.

Steve Parish has had an absolute mare and is very fortunate that other teams have had point deductions. Any other season and we're relegated which is what we deserve.

Gotta say Spurs are very predictable. When it works for them they look great, but once you get numbers back and fill up the middle they struggle to open teams up. They need space to run into, but actually need someone who can cut a defence open with a pass because Maddison isn’t enough in that regard

13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chris Richards out injured for a few weeks now.

The one thing we've been consistent with is injuries. Back up to ten.

Stop appropriating our culture

Same team as against United. Flekken; Roerslev, Ajer, Zanka, Collins, KLP; Jensen, Janelt, Yarmoliuk; Wissa, Toney. 352.

Expect a much tougher test against Brighton tonight, I just hope we can hit them with the same intensity as we did United because if we do I don't think this Brighton team can defend against that.

• The topic was unpinned