talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sayings like "The Barcelona era is done" shouldn't exist.

Barcelona's golden era was done a long time ago. That doesn't mean they won't compete though, and rather they'll just change the club they are. They'll continue to compete due to the finances and reputation they have earned in history. Same goes with AC Milan. Today they are awful, but they will bounce back sometime soon due to the sheer reputation they have.

Top clubs never die.

Image result

Saint Ettiene have never been the size of Milan, Real or Barca. They are dead in their country though.

Ajax haven't died. Maybe on the European scene but I wouldn't say they are "dead".

There are exceptions like Leeds United but overall the top top clubs always find a way back, particularly in their country.

Rangers are an example. They will bounce back soon. I can guarantee it.

Just now, Blue said:

Saint Ettiene have never been the size of Milan, Real or Barca. They are dead in their country though.

Ajax haven't died. Maybe on the European scene but I wouldn't say they are "dead".

There are exceptions like Leeds United but overall the top top clubs always find a way back, particularly in their country.

Rangers are an example. They will bounce back soon. I can guarantee it.

Saint Etienne were bigger than Milan in the 60s and 70s. They were literally one of the best teams of those two decades. Ajax are irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Saint Etienne were bigger than Milan in the 60s and 70s. They were literally one of the best teams of those two decades. Ajax are irrelevant.

Historically, Saint Etienne are not bigger than Milan though.

I'm aware of some of the great teams they've had, but you can't compare to a team that's won the UCL 8 times.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Historically, Saint Etienne are not bigger than Milan though.

I'm aware of some of the great teams they've had, but you can't compare to a team that's won the UCL 8 times.

They hadn't won the UCL 8 times in the 60s and 70s. Milan had nothing of the reputation that they have now. It was also a different competition back then.

Edited by Spike

Just now, Spike said:

They hadn't won the UCL 8 times in the 60s and 70s. Milan had nothing of the reputation that they have now.

60's and 70's is a chunk of history though.

Its like saying Chile are bigger than Brazil because they have more Copa America's in that time.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

60's and 70's is a chunk of history though.

Its like saying Chile are bigger than Brazil because they have more Copa America's in that time.

You literally said 'Saint Ettiene have never been the size of Milan' and then I said 'they were in the 60s and 70s' and then you said that doesn't count. What does bigger mean? More successful? 

Edited by Spike

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You literally said 'Saint Ettiene have never been the size of Milan' and then I said 'they were in the 60s and 70s' and then you said that doesn't count.

Poor choice of wording then, but again that's only a chunk of history.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Poor choice of wording then, but again that's only a chunk of history.

Well I'm not going to rate one team on their entire history and another only up to a specific point in time. I'll rate them both as they were at a specific moment in time.  AC Milan, if I recall correctly were nothing special until the 50s.

18 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The day riBer plate got relegated to La B, they lost their credibility as a top world club IMO! They were never the best argie team although they claimed they were (like Barcelona claiming they are the best xD not even the best spanish team!) Boca Juniors has been the best and will always be the best!!

Who have Boca Juniors produced in the past 75 years? Gago?

Edited by Cicero

On 27/09/2017 at 3:54 PM, Blue said:

I said this in the Liga MX thread and I will say it again. After Paolo Guerrero retires, Pedro Aquino will become the next best Peruvian player. For me, he's the best midfielder in Mexico at the moment (most locals are beginning to cave in) and I can see him becoming at a level to play for a club like Liverpool/Atletico Madrid/Roma. He'll become one of our all time best holding midfielders some day. REMEMBER THE NAME:

Hearing Rio Ave are sniffing around.

• Haha 2

On 24/10/2017 at 8:10 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

The day riBer plate got relegated to La B, they lost their credibility as a top world club IMO! They were never the best argie team although they claimed they were (like Barcelona claiming they are the best xD not even the best spanish team!) Boca Juniors has been the best and will always be the best!!

I'm surprised @Berserker hasn't bit this yet.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm surprised @Berserker hasn't bit this yet.

Hijos gloryhunters of a club who ridiculously claims way more titles than it has, one that has never won the second division and went up by a decree, besides having no academy, less "socios", a smaller and shitter stadium, and more importantly being one of the most helped teams in the world saying cringe-worthy stuff is easy to miss.

Edited by Berserker
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD ARDIDO!! No academy blah blah blah!! that argument old!! I would take Maradona and Riquelme over any of the riBer plate players. 🙌🙌 

Boca Juniors 76 Wins 

Gallinas 68 Wins 

Not even their players. 

Boca - Gago 

River - Di Stefano, Higuain, Falcao, Pablo Aimar, Mascherano, Crespo, Falcao, etc....

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions