talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 38 - Sunday 19th May, 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Thank god we've seen the three come up disappear quickly. Luton provided entertainment and fair play to them for that but two teams have been given points deductions and stayed up without any kind of nervous, squeaky bum time moment near the end. That says it all about the quality of the relegated sides.

I agree with Sheffield United and Burnley being utter shite, but think putting Luton in the same category is a tad harsh when everyone thought they were going to get twatted left, right and centre throughout the season, a squad that was considered much worse than both and more than likely the lowest budget in the league, yet competed far more than either of those. 

Took 4 points off Newcastle, a point off Liverpool (nearly getting all 3), demolished Brighton at home and almost got a point against Arsenal. Looking at some fixtures, they seemed to be the reverse Ipswich in that they conceded in the dying minutes in games, as opposed to scoring.

Just think that you'll be playing these next season. :)

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

44 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Man Utd finishing 8th and it not even being a point of discussion says it all.

Big club goes through bad time, it's nothing new you know. Liverpool went from title after title to average side, AC Milan have, Juventus have as well. Madrid even had bad periods.

It's almost like the season under Ragnick has been forgotten. We've had a piss poor run of injuries, looking at how Villa and Spurs have been of late I'm convinced we'd be in the top four without the injuries. We've had zero back up to Hojlund and no defence for months now.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Devil said:

Big club goes through bad time

For Man Utd this is seriously bad, no? 

Lowest ever finish, first time ever minus GD. It's crap. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

For Man Utd this is seriously bad, no? 

Lowest ever finish, first time ever minus GD. It's crap. 

Yeah, but it just shows the obsession with us. We're allowed a bad period you know. Honestly my dad supported through a relegation, people need to get a grip and start looking at clubs that have failed season on season forever before going at United for a few bad seasons. 

Even during our supposed horrific period since Fergie we have have won ever trophy available other than the Premier league and Champions league. 

We've got big clubs that haven't won trophies for 30 to 40 years and were big news for having a bad season.

So funny though, City win a 4th league title and the trot and people would rather ridicule United for the 8th place finish.

It will be the same tomorrow at work, nobody gives a fuck about them.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, but it just shows the obsession with us. We're allowed a bad period you know. Honestly my dad supported through a relegation, people need to get a grip and start looking at clubs that have failed season on season forever before going at United for a few bad seasons. 

Even during our supposed horrific period since Fergie we have have won ever trophy available other than the Premier league and Champions league. 

We've got big clubs that haven't won trophies for 30 to 40 years and were big news for having a bad season.

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

So funny though, City win a 4th league title and the trot and people would rather ridicule United for the 8th place finish.

The post you literally quoted said there's no discussions about it at all xD

You're allowed a bad period, of course clubs go through transition. But how long is this going to be? 

Not won a title since 2012? A club like yours shouldn't be relying on domestic cups as success. It's a prolonged period of mediocrity and whenever someone new comes in there just doesn't seem to be the impact made by any of them to get you back to where you're used to... 

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

Nobody gives a fuck yet everyone's talking about us :4_joy: ..the salts been un-real today lol

Sky desperately trying to make the final day seem exciting, trying to make people care about this City team. I’ve never met a single city fan in my whole life, nobody gives a fuck. A 4th title in a row that’s meaningless to everybody but a City diehard. Even then, once these charges land (hopefully) it’ll confirm everything ever said about them. Cheating, scummy bag of cunts. Hopefully Pep does fuck off next summer, then we’ll see a good drop. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Devil said:

Mate you are so sensitive sometimes xD.

There are other big clubs who haven't won things in a long time but it isn't commentworthy every single season because that's been where they've been for most of all our lives. They also don't still have budgets that should see them competing at the top level whereas Man Utd very much still do.

Man Utd have just finished 8th and barely anyone is talking about it. It's noteworthy that that's deemed normal now. Even 2-3 years ago people would have been all over that.

You're right though that nobody cares about City. It's not an obsession with United though. As you and I have both acknowledged, Man Utd finishing down in 8th is not even in the top 5 stories of the season.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Sky desperately trying to make the final day seem exciting, trying to make people care about this City team. I’ve never met a single city fan in my whole life, nobody gives a fuck. A 4th title in a row that’s meaningless to everybody but a City diehard. Even then, once these charges land (hopefully) it’ll confirm everything ever said about them. Cheating, scummy bag of cunts. Hopefully Pep does fuck off next summer, then we’ll see a good drop. 

:rofl: Keep the salt coming, it's highly amusing lol. the fact there isn't a City are crowned Champions for a record 4th time thread says it all about the new level of bitterness reached on the forum ha ^_^ if you didn't care you wouldn't even be talking about City, you don't talk about something your not interested of bothered about :4_joy: i know your all rattled and we love it, can't wait for 5 in a row and back to back trebles next weekend with the Prem, Fa Cup & Club world cup this season :hh: ..you have never met a City fan yet our fan base is bigger than Liverpool's worldwide lol. it's probably where you live, i've never seen a Liverpool fan in Manchester shock horror

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

:rofl: Keep the salt coming, it's highly amusing lol. 

Enjoy it while you can Blue Boy, all good things come to and end, we had the Shanks/Paisley period with Clough & Peter Taylor mixed in between and then we had SAF and the United glory days with Wenger's Arsenal thrown in between.

Now we could see the Pep City era with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the mix, interesting days ahead. :coffee:

54 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Enjoy it while you can Blue Boy, all good things come to and end, we had the Shanks/Paisley period with Clough & Peter Taylor mixed in between and then we had SAF and the United glory days with Wenger's Arsenal thrown in between.

Now we could see the Pep City era with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the mix, interesting days ahead. :coffee:

They do, these things go in cycles. see what happens after Pep leaves next summer

21 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

What an outstanding goal from Caicedo all the way from the half way line.. 

He's been great in 2024 despite some terrible mis management. 

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

United fans on social media that are glad City won the league because it stopped Arsenal.

Weird but it just goes to show what function City play for most football fans. Nobody is actually arsed about them because everyone knows their success is plastic and nobody actually knows any City fans. They just exist as a means to stop teams from winning the league that you don't want. Even my girlfriend's brother who supports Liverpool was saying he'd rather City won it over Arsenal because if Arsenal do you wouldn't hear the end of it (which is odd considering Liverpool fans usually act outraged if neutrals don't line up to back them against Man City in a title race "for the good of football" or whatever, but I digress).

It would be brilliant for English football if they get sent packing to at least the Championship following the 115 charges and the whole project fell to pieces.

I wasn't bothered that City won it. Nothing to do with not hearing the end of it from Arsenal fans but because if City do it means nothing and no one is arsed and it would have been so annoying from our point of view missing out twice to City on the last day in recent years and then someone else taking advantage if they'd slipped up. 

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Even my girlfriend's brother who supports Liverpool was saying he'd rather City won it over Arsenal because if Arsenal do you wouldn't hear the end of it (which is odd considering Liverpool fans usually act outraged if neutrals don't line up to back them against Man City in a title race "for the good of football" or whatever, but I digress).

A lot of Liverpool fans have adopted this attitude after seeing so many neutrals desperate for our winning title run to be overturned due to covid and saying if we win the league it's the worst thing ever because we're insufferable. Weirdly tended to be from a lot of London & midlands based clubs too. The attitude is generally: "we fucking hate you too then" and "fuck all of the other English football clubs." Since City are less a football club than a tourism advertisement and sportswashing project, them winning a 4th title in a row is something that's more palatable to the Liverpool fans that have decided they hate the rest of the clubs in the country. They're more of an entity nobody really gives a shit about.

For me, personally, though - I would have loved Arsenal to have won over City. I don't think of City as an actual football club either, and I think I have very much adopted a "fuck all of the other English football clubs" attitude - but City represent to me everything that I hate about modern football. So any time they fail to win a trophy they wanted to win, I see that as a victory for football.

:rofl::4_joy: i don't think i could get anymore salt if 100 black men came all over my face lol ..if you didn't care you all wouldn't be talking about City, end of  ..the salt is just going to be too much when we are cleared of the 115 ha ha