talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) England (p)1-1 Switzerland - Saturday 6th July, 2024

• Subscriber

Seen a lot of reports that Southgate is planning for a back three and a change of formation for the Swiss game.

Changing things is clearly what needs to be done for England to start looking effective, but no competent international manager comes into a tournament like this and ends up having to do a complete overhaul of the formation halfway through. It's like when a manager has to make first-half substitutions because it isn't working. Clearly something needs to change so good but how did you get it so wrong in the first place.

@JoshBRFC You predicted england to win 3.0 didn't you. I love your optimism considering how we have played so far.

Personally I think it's more of a mental thing with England. I think all the talk of England being the best team and having the best squad has caused it. Perhaps the manner of the win against Slovakia will help with that. Although there has been tactical mistakes some of the mistakes haven't been anything to do with that I don't think. Not being able to make a simple pass isn't caused by being in the wrong position I don't think 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Bellingham also penalized for obscene celebration vs Slovakia. Will play the Euros but suspended for one match.

Turkey is upset with this decision. While the two cases are not exactly the same but yeah if Bellingham did an inappropriate celebration and deserves a suspension it should be in the Euros like that Turkish player.

Edited by Beelzebub

Got to play to standard once at least. No excuse to lose to this team as good as they have but least if they do Southgate is gone 

look at how France have looked and they are in semis 

53 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Got to play to standard once at least. No excuse to lose to this team as good as they have but least if they do Southgate is gone 

look at how France have looked and they are in semis 

Southgate will be gone whatever happens. Even if we win he will probably go. 

• Subscriber

Southgate is playing wing backs as was rumoured. Absolutely beyond me though that he'll shoehorn Alexander-Arnold into midfield but won't play him at right wing back ahead of Trippier. 

19 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Turkey is upset with this decision. While the two cases are not exactly the same but yeah if Bellingham did an inappropriate celebration and deserves a suspension it should be in the Euros like that Turkish player.

Grabbing your cock doesn’t merit a suspension the same way overtly supporting an extremist group does.

At least they made a formation change, still doesn't change enough players for me.  Hopefully Tripper will be better as a right wingback than he has been as a left back.  But I don't think he is fully healthy,  have to believe TAA would do better on the right.

But still expect England to win, better players all over the park.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Grabbing your cock doesn’t merit a suspension the same way overtly supporting an extremist group does.

Grabbing cock is good and a normal thing that nearly every human will do, some might even say the skin flute is the world’s most played instrument.

Being a fascist doesn’t meet that criteria.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

*grabbing your cock towards the opposition bench after scoring. 

Arnautovic of Austria was also suspended for one game under insulting opposition players last Euros.