football forum

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

How's Check Your PM's doing?

beating @Dickie by 5 so far. 

Moses & Giroud to come in for you as Lowton/Ibra didn't play. You've still got Bernardo Silva to play.

For Dickie, Depoitre to come in for Matip and Fernandinho still to play. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How's Check Your PM's doing?

You’ve been immense since narrowly losing the first game of the season. You’re consistently hitting 40+ point scores 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Coutinho delivering the points for me.

Spurs wankers letting me down again though. 

You're edging me and I am hoping that I can get something out of the City game today but it will end close.

I trust my team! We have team spirit... we are good enough to win the title!  The fans just have to believe in us and trust that the club is doing everything necessary to be competitive.

Remember that our hands are tied in a few aspects because we’re paying back the new toilets and corporate area in the ground... This has significantly lowered the level of our resources. :ph34r:

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

I trust my team! We have team spirit... we are good enough to win the title!  The fans just have to believe in us and trust that the club is doing everything necessary to be competitive.

Remember that our hands are tied in a few aspects because we’re paying back the new toilets and corporate area in the ground... This has significantly lowered the level of our resources. :ph34r:

You need a really good January Transfer window! Fortunately it’s not far now

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

You need a really good January Transfer window! Fortunately it’s not far now

We don’t have much money unfortunately and I don’t want the fans thinking we have a big war chest available. All these stories about us having £200m or £300m in the bank forget that we have shareholders to see to.  We will try our best! ;)

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

As someone who doesn't have time to dig deep the breakdown from @Batard was very interesting. Hopefully this becomes a regular feature. 

Happy to hear that Check Your PM's are still flying.

I’m hoping to continue this and add more as well from an immersion perspective 

• Administrator

Gameweek 16

Winnfield Wanderers v STAN FC

Winnfield Wanderers 13/10       Draw EVS       @Stan FC 13/10

This has the potential to be a very low scoring game, with the Wanderers likely being reliant on their Watford contingent to continue their fine away form. STAN FC will be hopeful of potentially 4 clean sheets while so much will rest on the Manchester derby with Kevin De Bruyne, Nicolas Otamendi and Leroy Sane all on show between both sides. 

Pep Talk v Kitchen Sales Team

@Pep Talk EVS       Draw 5/1       @Kitchen Sales 2/1

Batard Bookies make Pep Talk favourites for this game, but only just. With Spurs struggling to replicate their early season form, Dele Ali has been quite the disappointment in recent weeks. Christian Eriksen and Philippe Coutinho the natural choices for points for Kitchen Sale this gameweek but we fancy Mo Salah, Mesut Ozil and Alvaro Morata will bring home the points for Pep Talk.

Los Borachos v Leave M'Arcelona

Los Borachos 2/5       Draw 5/2       Leave M'Arcelona 3/1

With Heung Min Son, Richarlison, Aguero and Roberto Firmino in their side, we fancy @Mel81x's side will get their first win of the season against @JOSHBRFC's 2nd lowest league scoring side. The Manchester and Merseyside derbies will largely influence the latter's chances of scoring highly. 

Murderonzidanesfloor v Kippax Warriors

Murderonzidanesfloor 9/2       Draw 2/1       Kippax Warriors 13/2

Another potentially low scoring match here, this time between @Lucas and @Happy Blue. The former should edge it, but much rests on Kane and some favourable defensive solidity from United and Arsenal. Happy Blue's brightest lights are Raheem Sterling and Pascal Gross, but here at Batard Bookies we don't think Kippax Warriors have enough to beat Lucas. 

FC Saxons v Check Your PMs

FC Saxons EVS       Draw 7/1       Check Your PMs 2/1

Match of the round pits 2nd against 3rd and on recent form, it's hard to separate the two sides. But separate them we will. We make @Teso dos Bichos slight favourites based on Eden Hazard and Anthony Martial's recent form, but in Xherdan Shaqiri, Alexis Sanchez, Olivier Giroud and Alexandre Lacazette the threat is there for @Cannabis

Golden Showers After v IUFG FC

Golden Showers After 1/20       Draw 50/1       IUFG FC 75/1

@SirBalon's low scoring side face a side with more creativity and goal threat than theirs. @Dickie is the overwhelming choice here and we suspect his side to win by at least 20 clear points. Tough times at IUFG FC as bottom place beckons. 

• Administrator
Just now, Pep Talk said:

Ha of course lol

im doing too well in these comps. I’m sure a let down is around the corner.

I don’t know. I think a lot rests on avoiding injuries 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Batard said:

Do people want me to continue to write these pieces, if the interest isn’t there I’m happy to stop xD

Absolutely. I think they're brilliant. Especially the little newspaper style writings.

• Administrator

At first glance, I fear the Manchester derby tomorrow will cancel out the effectiveness of those in my team. Sane has been poor, Otamendi a liability. Jones is recovering from an injury and Ashley Young my only in form player across my entire team. Have to say @Stan, think your point lead will be too big for me to close.

Also, it really looks like the league leaders are in danger of losing their first game. @Kitchen Sales are 11 points clear of @Pep Talk as it currently stands. 

2 hours ago, Batard said:

At first glance, I fear the Manchester derby tomorrow will cancel out the effectiveness of those in my team. Sane has been poor, Otamendi a liability. Jones is recovering from an injury and Ashley Young my only in form player across my entire team. Have to say @Stan, think your point lead will be too big for me to close.

Also, it really looks like the league leaders are in danger of losing their first game. @Kitchen Sales are 11 points clear of @Pep Talk as it currently stands. 

Luckily gray with his goal got me back in it

• This topic was unpinned and locked

Archived