• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Bored of this game. Very tactical. 

All I saw was Chelsea parking some insane bus and City doing all the playing, nothing tactical

Hazard? what's up with Hazard not even trying to have a go at players? all he did was turn around on a spot

And they say Kante is one of the best in the league :coffee:

• Subscriber

Utter utter rubbish again. We play the worst football in the league. What they work on in training I have absolutely no idea. There's no movement, no showing for the ball, no invention, just pure hit and hope to Vardy. I'm not even exagerrating when I say in the first half I would be surprised if we put more than five passes together.

Lucky to not be about 3 down by half time. They missed a sitter in the first couple of minutes and should've had a penalty and possibly a red card for Simpson immediately after, certainly looked one at the time. If Bournemouth could finish they would've been out of sight by half time. Why do we start so slowly? How does he encourage us get straight at and convincingly beat Liverpool back in February and then revert to playing this utter dreadful rubbish? What is actually going on in his head?

Absolutely terrible. We fluked a point at Huddersfield and fluked another today. I don't think Shakespeare's the man.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fabregas too mate. The amount of times KDB and Silva just ghosted by him was well and truly shocking. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we need Drinkwater asap 

Yeah mate, he's very suspect on the goal as well for me. It's why Fabregas has to be micro managed well to get the best out of him and that's one of the reasons he's not a top midfielder, he's played too many minutes probably since Arsenal, Conte was probably planning on giving a good chunk of those minutes to Drinkwater.

We were out fought and out worked today and whilst there seemed to some tiredness in there, there's no way a club of our size and resources should be using that as an excuse.

I really don't intend to jump on a bandwagon here, and I haven't the watched the match, but I did say on here some time ago that Kante was a budget version of the energetic,  all-action midfielder to you can find in any top European league. 

I did find it kinda sad how insane the excitement around him was. 

A team with a Vidal, Nainggolan or Matuidi would have absolutely no use for him. 

Just now, Inverted said:

I really don't intend to jump on a bandwagon here, and I have the watched the match, but I did say on here some time ago that Kante was a budget version of the energetic,  all-action midfielder to you can find in any top European league. 

I did find it kinda sad how insane the excitement around him was. 

A team with a Vidal, Nainggolan or Matuidi would have absolutely no use for him. 

Except Vidal and Nainggolan are completely different to Kante. Don't know about Matuidi. Wouldn't be fair comparisons.

Just now, Blue said:

Except Vidal and Nainggolan are completely different to Kante. Don't know about Matuidi. Wouldn't be fair comparisons.

They are completely different in that they incorporate ever aspect of Kante's play and then add on a whole host of extra attributes. 

Just now, Inverted said:

They are completely different in that they incorporate ever aspect of Kante's play and then add on a whole host of extra attributes. 

They really don't. Maybe Nainggolan but I've never ever ever rated Vidal defensively.

There are tactical players and complete players. Going by that logic, Arturo Vidal is better than Sergio Busquets. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

They really don't. Maybe Nainggolan but I've never ever ever rated Vidal defensively.

There are tactical players and complete players. Going by that logic, Arturo Vidal is better than Sergio Busquets. 

No because Vidal doesn't come close to Busquets in terms of positioning, technique, and intelligence in possession. His energy and threat up front can't make up for that, although Busquets could never replicate those aspects of Vidal's play. Those are two players that could never do each others' jobs. Vidal could do Kante's job. As could Matuidi or Nainggolan. Or Seri, possibly. 

What are Kante's strengths? Solid technique, decent ability to carry the ball, and insane energy. Matuidi, Nainggolan and Vidal all have that - and then some. 

In terms of box-to-box midfielders, Kante is not top-tier. The Prem was just unused to a player of his energy and thus collectively creamed itself at the sight of him. 

He is excellent, but I've always thought overrated. 

34 minutes ago, Inverted said:

No because Vidal doesn't come close to Busquets in terms of positioning, technique, and intelligence in possession. His energy and threat up front can't make up for that, although Busquets could never replicate those aspects of Vidal's play. Those are two players that could never do each others' jobs. Vidal could do Kante's job. As could Matuidi or Nainggolan. Or Seri, possibly. 

What are Kante's strengths? Solid technique, decent ability to carry the ball, and insane energy. Matuidi, Nainggolan and Vidal all have that - and then some. 

In terms of box-to-box midfielders, Kante is not top-tier. The Prem was just unused to a player of his energy and thus collectively creamed itself at the sight of him. 

He is excellent, but I've always thought overrated. 

Don't know if you watched the games but you only have to look at Kante's performances against Tottenham, Leicester or Atlético from this season to see how good the man is. He was poor today mind but so was everyone from our point of view, Christensen the only positive performance wise and I thought Bakayoko had a decent first half.

Kante's weakness is sometimes his ability on the ball but it's very rare to find a midfielder that is good at everything these days.

Chelsea's intense game away to Atlético Madrid in midweek came back to haunt them.  If you don't have the capacity to rotate for two top games in a row you're gonna suffer.  Atleti drain you which means you are weakened for your following game.  All the same, Manchester City look by far the best team in the Premier League at this moment in time.  Doesn't mean they're gonna win it though.  Too much football to be played...

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Chelsea's intense game away to Atlético Madrid in midweek came back to haunt them.  If you don't have the capacity to rotate for two top games in a row you're gonna suffer.  Atleti drain you which means you are weakened for your following game.  All the same, Manchester City look by far the best team in the Premier League at this moment in time.  Doesn't mean they're gonna win it though.  Too much football to be played...

We are the best team in the world right now not just England  ...that could change over the season but right now, id back us against anyone!

Just now, Danny said:

The alternative to that is having Jack Wilshere who is the same but just not as good...

Jack's a ratty cunt. The other things don't apply. Dele Alli is a cheat, a sneaky one at that and also a dirty player on top of being a ratty cunt. Technically nowhere near being as good as Wilshere either. Typical English "have a thousand shots and one might go in" merchant. :coffee:

Think we will get turned over later today, simply outclassed. One thing is for sure though that we will give it a good go and battle all over the pitch. If some of our better, more expensive teams in our recent history had half the fight these lads do we would be looking back with fondness at them.

Can't say I have been angry with the team after any of our three defeats so far, a bit disappointed that we've lost but not let down through a lack of effort which is a feeing you are so used to as an nufc fan.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I'm looking forward to the F1 more than I am for Everton this weekend, my passion and love for football is dwindling.

There's a dwindling passion and then there's that.

• Subscriber

Definite penalty and red card for Simpson for me. We have fluked it big time today.

Brace yourselves for our next one. It's Monday Night Football and we're at home to West Brom. It's got potential to be one of the worst televised games you will ever see.

Archived