talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

50 minutes ago, nudge said:

Finished Season 1 of Reservation Dogs yesterday. Really enjoyed it, the setting is unique to TV/movies and I love the humour in it.

Oooh, I gotta give this a go. 

Taika Waititi = I'm in. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Just heard that Bill Burr is in it too. He's the funniest man on the planet to me, so all the more reason to watch it. 

In one episode only :) 

Zahn McClarnon is also in it. The majority of the cast, all directors and writers are also indigenous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

In one episode only :) 

Zahn McClarnon is also in it. The majority of the cast, all directors and writers are also indigenous.

I saw Zahn in the trailer. Man did I love his character in Westworld. And yea, I've heard about the indigenous thing as well. Very intriguing. Will give this a go tomorrow. :) 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I saw Zahn in the trailer. Man did I love his character in Westworld. And yea, I've heard about the indigenous thing as well. Very intriguing. Will give this a go tomorrow. :) 

I think I first saw him in Into the West, which is one of my all-time favourite miniseries, and then noticed him in some smallish role in other TV shows. And I agree, his Westworld role was great. I also loved him in The Son as well...

• Upvote 1

On 15/08/2021 at 00:05, nudge said:

Finished The North Water earlier today, really enjoyed it. A perfectly executed mini series with a good story, interesting characters, and amazing cast - Collin Farrell, Jack O'Connell, Stephen Graham, and Peter Mullan. 

I just finished this, didn't realise it was only 5 Episodes but I would say I preferred this compared to The Terror, mainly because it was a shorter series so didnt feel like it dragged as much.

Very similar vibes, atmospheric, tense and proper grey day, wintery telly.

Colin Farrell was actually really good as the psychopathic Henry Drax.

The last episode was the weakest for me but all in all I really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just heard that Bill Burr is in it too. He's the funniest man on the planet to me, so all the more reason to watch it. 

I just found out about this as I was watching him being interviewed on Seth Myers and I really dont like Seth Myers at all but Bill was his awesome usual self, rants and everything. Cool story but its how I found out about Reservation dogs... I think I need to watch it now. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

I just found out about this as I was watching him being interviewed on Seth Myers and I really dont like Seth Myers at all but Bill was his awesome usual self, rants and everything. Cool story but its how I found out about Reservation dogs... I think I need to watch it now. 

Haha, where he talked about day time drinking and Covid etc? I watched the same video last night, that's how I also learned that he's in Reservation Dogs. 

• Haha 1

I've been watching a program called, 'Find it, Fix it, Flog it.'

Expect some of you have seen it and I'm playing catch up.

Not very DIY orientated myself yet enjoy the Merseyside based duo and the Oxford duo exploring sheds and barns to find things they can work on with a view to sell.

The relaxed banter between the two main protagonists can be a bit cheesy though is sometimes funny too.

Learnt a few tips myself and repaired a small cabinet I was thinking of taking to the dump.

• Subscriber

There's a new series, The Lost Symbol, based on Dan Brown's novel. Two episodes out already. Just watched the first one, and it's surprisingly well done and entertaining!

@Whiskey @Eco think you both like Dan Brown's stuff?

Also @Bluewolf think you'd enjoy it too, a typical thriller-treasure hunt-mystery solving one! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nudge said:

There's a new series, The Lost Symbol, based on Dan Brown's novel. Two episodes out already. Just watched the first one, and it's surprisingly well done and entertaining!

Also @Bluewolf think you'd enjoy it too, a typical thriller-treasure hunt-mystery solving one! 

I will give it a look.. 

12 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm a bit hit or miss on Dan Brown's novels. I love some of his ideas, but the writing is very dumbed down and he creates historical events to 'add' to the story, when really it wouldn't make a bit of difference if the fabrication was there or not. I also love the study of religions and symbols so that aspect fascinates me. 

I did hear about this so I'll check it out. 

On 24/09/2021 at 00:13, nudge said:

Yeah, love Dan Brown so will definitely check this one out. Cheers @nudge!

On 05/01/2021 at 15:55, nudge said:

I personally enjoyed Season 3 more than Season 2; there was too much of the teenage love triangle drama bollocks in Season 2 for my liking, and that massive final fight felt extremely unrealistic. And yes, I absolutely agree that they should stop after Season 4, just kick Kreese's arse and be done with it :D I loved that they showed his background in those flashbacks, by the way...

Have you watched Wayne? It also started as a Youtube Premium original at first, then got canceled after Season 1, and is now on Amazon Prime with some rumours about it getting renewed. Highly recommend! Great, funny, easy to binge show.

Finally saw this, really enjoyed it once I got invested in it. Del is a great character.

But it seems like there's no sign of a Series 2 despite finishing it with blatant intentions of doing so which is annoying.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Finally saw this, really enjoyed it once I got invested in it. Del is a great character.

But it seems like there's no sign of a Series 2 despite finishing it with blatant intentions of doing so which is annoying.

Glad you enjoyed it! I thought it was great, the dark humour was spot on, and the characters were refreshingly unique. 

I still think (and hope) there will be Season 2 at some point... Amazon picked it up for some reason, can't imagine them not giving it a chance!

• Subscriber
On 27/09/2021 at 23:53, MUFC said:

Watched 3 out of 7 episodes of midnight Mass. It's slow but really dark and mysterious. None of that gore and jump scenes. It's religiously based as the title states, is worth a go.

Finished watching this and have to say I was a bit disappointed at the end. How did you find it?

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Finished watching this and have to say I was a bit disappointed at the end. How did you find it?

Ending wasn't the best but episode 6 when locked in the Church was good. It's a strange one, on one hand the dialogue and heart to heart talks are quite intense. On the other hand nothing really major happens during the series. I'd give it 8/10.