talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

On 10/05/2022 at 20:56, Viva la FCB said:

Kind of fizzled out in the end but started quite strong for the first half of the season. Ultimately setting up for more seasons with the ending, interesting enough story Ill keep watching it when its back anyways. 

Ooooh, Ken Watanabe is in it. I'm interested. So glad he recovered from cancer. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ooooh, Ken Watanabe is in it. I'm interested. So glad he recovered from cancer. 

Right! He seems like such a genuine guy, needless to say hes also a fantastic actor. Him as the lead detective and Ansel as the journalist where both excellent. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Been watching a mini series ' We Own This City' It stars Jon Bernthal as the lead specifically following the Gun Trace Task Force and all the corruption surrounding it, naturally in Baltimore. Based on a book by an investigative journalist Justin Fenton...the creator of The Wire David Simon and Writer/Producer George Pelecanos reuinte for this project. Its currently on going I think planned for 6 episodes, so far 4 are available to watch/stream. Im super intrigued so far, definitely has The Wire fingerprints all over it and I love that. Plan to rewatch that after as its got me in that mood again. 

• Subscriber
On 18/05/2022 at 23:55, Viva la FCB said:

Been watching a mini series ' We Own This City' It stars Jon Bernthal as the lead specifically following the Gun Trace Task Force and all the corruption surrounding it, naturally in Baltimore. Based on a book by an investigative journalist Justin Fenton...the creator of The Wire David Simon and Writer/Producer George Pelecanos reuinte for this project. Its currently on going I think planned for 6 episodes, so far 4 are available to watch/stream. Im super intrigued so far, definitely has The Wire fingerprints all over it and I love that. Plan to rewatch that after as its got me in that mood again. 

Im adding this to the list of things I want to watch now. If it's like The Wire its worth a watch imo

• Upvote 1

I know I'm well late with this but just started season 1 of Breaking Bad.

Just currently at the stage where Walter is starting to enjoy breaking the law. Gotta say I'd been told it was a slow starter but now I'm gripped.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Devil said:

I know I'm well late with this but just started season 1 of Breaking Bad.

Just currently at the stage where Walter is starting to enjoy breaking the law. Gotta say I'd been told it was a slow starter but now I'm gripped.

It's a hell of a ride... xD

• Upvote 1

Finished watching Outer Range, Season 1. Very intriguing. Sometimes quite mindblowing, sometimes a bit predictable, but I'll keep watching if there's a 2nd season. Great cast too! 

Now I'm watching Upload Season 2. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Over the weekend my better half and I binged a Japenese show "Alice in Borderland" Kind of like a squid game esque type show, fun watch and basically always set up for a second season so as to not reveal everything. Enjoyable but definitely not quite as engaging as squid game overall. Will still check out the second season which is apparently coming in the winter. maybe a 7/10 first season anyways.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thoughts?

I really enjoyed it. It felt a bit short though. :( Definitely looking forward to Season 3. 

Also

There was a funny jab at Jake Paul (that annoying influencer). When Nora wanted to plug the clones' bodytank back in, she saw that the body belonged to Jake Paul and unplugged it again. 

xD

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I really enjoyed it. It felt a bit short though. :( Definitely looking forward to Season 3. 

Also

Reveal hidden contents

There was a funny jab at Jake Paul (that annoying influencer). When Nora wanted to plug the clones' bodytank back in, she saw that the body belonged to Jake Paul and unplugged it again. 

xD

I enjoyed it.. just the right amount of humour coupled with the serious issues of how even dead people can be exploited in an afterlife world.. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I enjoyed it.. just the right amount of humour coupled with the serious issues of how even dead people can be exploited in an afterlife world.. 

Also the thought of your consciousness being uploaded into an artificially created body is very intriguing. I can see it being a realistic option in a few decades. But probably just for people like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. 😬

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Also the thought of your consciousness being uploaded into an artificially created body is very intriguing. I can see it being a realistic option in a few decades. But probably just for people like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. 😬

If it means they lose their heads then I am all for it.... 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Bear

A young, talented and highly acclaimed executive chef comes back home to take over his brother’s failing Chicago restaurant after his brother tragically kills himself. 

Fantastic. 

Edited by Cicero