talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was pretty decent... xD When Homicide by 999 started blasting out that took me back a bit B|

I guess I just wanted more. I expected more. It could have just been a standalone series and still would have been fairly average but I just didnt really connect with much of it at all in the end. Gibson was a good villain and the twin's where great as well but idk nothing really measured up otherwise I figure. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I guess I just wanted more. I expected more. It could have just been a standalone series and still would have been fairly average but I just didnt really connect with much of it at all in the end. Gibson was a good villain and the twin's where great as well but idk nothing really measured up otherwise I figure. 

It was ok, nothing great but not really poor either and unlike some people who shall not be named I didn't fall asleep in the first 30 minutes of watching it... :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was ok, nothing great but not really poor either and unlike some people who shall not be named I didn't fall asleep in the first 30 minutes of watching it... :ph34r:

You sure about that?... xD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lupin, Season 3. It has become very far-fetched and over the top, but Omar Sy's charismatic portrayal of Assane Diop keeps me glued to the screen still. Generally I'm mainly curious to see how they'll continue the series. It's entertaining. 

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Our daughter put me and the wife onto this one and we are just starting to watch S1.E1, has anybody watched it before?

download.thumb.png.4ec658beadaee548982f13d77ab06cac.png

Yea, I binged the whole thing John... I enjoyed it, has a lot of horror elements in it throughout but not all the time... very interesting I thought

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, I binged the whole thing John... I enjoyed it, has a lot of horror elements in it throughout but not all the time... very interesting I thought

Cheers, knowing the wife she will binge the whole series, she does that with any series she likes, I tend to watch a few episodes every now and then. :ay:

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This sounds up my alley.. will check out the trailers. 

Ive been going through Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Watched 2 episodes of the 8 (I think?) part series so far, Im having a great time. Every episode is an individual story kind of the Black Mirror ilk. The common thread is they are somewhat fantastical horror themed in traditional Guillermo fashion. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This sounds up my alley.. will check out the trailers. 

Ive been going through Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Watched 2 episodes of the 8 (I think?) part series so far, Im having a great time. Every episode is an individual story kind of the Black Mirror ilk. The common thread is they are somewhat fantastical horror themed in traditional Guillermo fashion. 

If you like Cabinet of Curiosities you will enjoy The Fall of the House of Usher no doubt about it.. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If you like Cabinet of Curiosities you will enjoy The Fall of the House of Usher no doubt about it.. 

Its been seemingly hard to find many shows like these for a long while. I absolutely loved Penny Dreadful until it was abruptly announced to be ending partway through the final season and everything was rushed for the sake of it. The Haunting of Hill House and Bly Manor to maybe a lesser extent where really well done. Ill check this one out after Cabinet's then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its been seemingly hard to find many shows like these for a long while. I absolutely loved Penny Dreadful until it was abruptly announced to be ending partway through the final season and everything was rushed for the sake of it. The Haunting of Hill House and Bly Manor to maybe a lesser extent where really well done. Ill check this one out after Cabinet's then.

Seems we like the same stuff... I also enjoyed Penny Dreadful

Don't know if you have seen it but Lovecraft Country was a good watch as well... 

• Like 1

It must be just me, infact I'm sure it probably is just me as everybody else seems to be giving it great ratings, but Bodies on Netflix has to be hands down the most confusing thing I've watched in a long time.

Honestly, I really wanted to like it but ultimately it's a no from me and that's after sticking it out to the end.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

It must be just me, infact I'm sure it probably is just me as everybody else seems to be giving it great ratings, but Bodies on Netflix has to be hands down the most confusing thing I've watched in a long time.

Honestly, I really wanted to like it but ultimately it's a no from me and that's after sticking it out to the end.

I watched the first 3 last week and couldn't get into it. Might go back to it at some point. 

Watched the second series of Time on iPlayer the other night. That was good.

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I watched the first 3 last week and couldn't get into it. Might go back to it at some point. 

Watched the second series of Time on iPlayer the other night. That was good.

Personally feel if it didnt grab you the first time, you'll struggle to get into it again the next time.

I saw Time too. I agree, it was a decent watch, though my preference is definitely for the first series with Sean Bean in.

Edited by Lucas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought about re-watching Utopia (which is now available to buy on Anazon) and found out Amazon also created an American version. I know it’s petty but words can’t describe the enjoyment I get when you find out that an American remake of a great show flops. Perfect.