talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's in your diet?

football forum

52 minutes ago, Toinho said:

There's a lot of evidence to suggest high fat low carb diets are best for losing weight... 

Calories are controversial, It's impossible to burn them off like we are told. Our bodies also count calories differently. All evidence I've seen or read indicates it's sugars that are the issue. Have some carbs but don't go overboard. Exercise, low sugar, medium intake of protein and high fats will see you succeed.

I must say this is the general vibe I get from all the reading I have done over the previous 3/4 years. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

There's a lot of evidence to suggest high fat low carb diets are best for losing weight... 

Calories are controversial, It's impossible to burn them off like we are told. Our bodies also count calories differently. All evidence I've seen or read indicates it's sugars that are the issue. Have some carbs but don't go overboard. Exercise, low sugar, medium intake of protein and high fats will see you succeed.

The only thing that makes you lose weight/burn fat, is being in a caloric deficit. It really is that simple. Whether it be keto, all carb diet, paleo, etc. They all work and serve the same purpose if you are in a caloric deficit. 

Calories aren't controversial at all. Eating 100 grams of fat, isnt going to make you gain fat. Eating above your caloric intake makes you gain fat. You can seriously lose weight on an all oreos or pizza diet as long as you eat below your caloric intake. 

I've lost 30 pounds in 5 months on nearly an all carb diet. I naturally burn 1,900 calories a day. So I make sure I only consume 1600 calories in a day. I lost nearly 2-3 pounds a week doing that. Even more when I introduce exercise.

My diet is alright considering the amount of time i put in it. Gained around 10kg for the past two years and i am on around 83kg now i think. My weakness is french friese and crisps, i consume them on regular basis. I eat a lot of vegetables as well, from meat i usually eat chicken as it is easy to make. I don't drink a lot of juice even though i like it. Used to be hooked on energy drinks, but now i get a occasional one once in awhile.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

The only thing that makes you lose weight/burn fat, is being in a caloric deficit. It really is that simple. Whether it be keto, all carb diet, paleo, etc. They all work and serve the same purpose if you are in a caloric deficit. 

Calories aren't controversial at all. Eating 100 grams of fat, isnt going to make you gain fat. Eating above your caloric intake makes you gain fat. You can seriously lose weight on an all oreos or pizza diet as long as you eat below your caloric intake. 

I've lost 30 pounds in 5 months on nearly an all carb diet. I naturally burn 1,900 calories a day. So I make sure I only consume 1600 calories in a day. I lost nearly 2-3 pounds a week doing that. Even more when I introduce exercise.

Caloric deficit is an interesting one, in theory or principle it makes complete sense and you've had a bit of success.  Have you lost fat or muscle though? 

Scientifically speaking though think about th fact you don't really see wildlife or grass fed animals fat because they don't eat grains, also carbs make the body produce insulin which stops the fat from being burned unless you go to extreme lengths to utilize glucose from your system, to the extent that there is limited insulin in your body and in the muscle for  fat to then be burned. 

Although whatever you are doing is working for you, from my understanding those who are actively looking to lose weight would benefit from watching carb intake as you would secrete very little insulin so you wouldn't have the above problem. 

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

I think you're both right. But we've been doing what my love @Toinho has suggested. I still have carbs, just nowhere near as much.

I've actually lost more weight than I was planning on losing in just 2 months, so our weird modified keto plan has actually worked too efficiently lol.

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Caloric deficit is an interesting one, in theory or principle it makes complete sense and you've had a bit of success.  Have you lost fat or muscle though? 

Scientifically speaking though think about th fact you don't really see wildlife or grass fed animals fat because they don't eat grains, also carbs make the body produce insulin which stops the fat from being burned unless you go to extreme lengths to utilize glucose from your system, to the extent that there is limited insulin in your body and in the muscle for  fat to then be burned. 

Although whatever you are doing is working for you, from my understanding those who are actively looking to lose weight would benefit from watching carb intake as you would secrete very little insulin so you wouldn't have the above problem. 

Fat and only fat. 

Losing weight and maintaining/gaining muscle is something that takes effort. When i'm not playing footy, my cardio ritual is strictly HIIT. High intensity training helps you gain muscle while burning fat, and it is very effective. From then, I always make sure I have at the very least 120 grams of protein a day. It takes a while to lose muscle naturally, as I believe it is up to two weeks. Increasing your protein intake makes it even longer. But this shouldn't be the case if you excercise regularly. 

Maybe it is because i'm italian, I love my carbs. Love. When I try to get in shape or lose weight, I always make sure I have an all carb diet as it does wonders for me. Keto scares me as aside the restriction of my beloved carbs, the high intake of meat, trans fat, cholesterol, etc can take an effect on you. 

Fat and only fat. 

Losing weight and maintaining/gaining muscle is something that takes effort. When i'm not playing footy, my cardio ritual is strictly HIIT. High intensity training helps you gain muscle while burning fat, and it is very effective. From then, I always make sure I have at the very least 120 grams of protein a day. It takes a while to lose muscle naturally, as I believe it is up to two weeks. Increasing your protein intake makes it even longer. But this shouldn't be the case if you excercise regularly. 

Maybe it is because i'm italian, I love my carbs. Love. When I try to get in shape or lose weight, I always make sure I have an all carb diet as it does wonders for me. Keto scares me as aside the restriction of my beloved carbs, the high intake of meat, trans fat, cholesterol, etc can take an effect on you. 

Believe me, I'll never give up pasta, bread, or beer. I've just been not eating so much of it. And for me it's only temporary.

HIIT is great though, effective workouts.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Fat and only fat. 

My mate is keto. He has higher cholesterol but there's two types, hdl and ldl. Hdl is high for him but that's the good type. 

Abyway good chat lad! 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Two years with no soft drink! I think there were however 2-3 shots with redbull in them at 3am on dirty dance floors but am not counting that. 

Now to cut beer back... and carbs...

Image result for cheat gif

• 9 months later...

Couldn't find a thread on training so will post here. Are any of you into exercising? Had a drought from it to be honest, but am going Dubai April 16th. I needed 3 months to get into good shape which I can do even at 40. Problem is we had so much house work being done, I just couldn't get into or find time. I eventually did 4 weeks prior to my holiday, due to 4 weeks being shit as I got a touch of a belly. I never got the right balance between interval cardio and weight lifting. so with just over a week to go I am looking odd when topless.

Top and middle of chest is fine, but the bottom looks weird, this is down to the decline on the bench being fucking faulty, and angles press ups never helped, and leaning forward during weighted dips wasn't enough. 

My top 2 abs are showing, middle section is flat, but the bottom of belly is slightly sticking out, it looks fucking weird, am going to look like a nob when on the beach and pool side. 

On 11/04/2019 at 00:28, Toinho said:

I haven’t exercised for 5 weeks and have an MRI today for my spine. My actual diet though isn’t too bad. 

Sorry mate not good, I have friends and family who have back problems. It's horrible just seeing them trying to cope, never mind having the actual problem. Is it something which has recently developed, or since you were young? 

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Sorry mate not good, I have friends and family who have back problems. It's horrible just seeing them trying to cope, never mind having the actual problem. Is it something which has recently developed, or since you were young? 

Cheers mate just a football injury. Should be good in a few weeks. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Vegan Kel said:

Pretty much entirely plant based wholefoods now and feel so much better for it in every way. I have the occasional meat substitute or vegan ice cream, more just to try them, but generally have little interest. 

Life style choice or moral? Or both?

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Life style choice or moral? Or both?

It was for ethical reasons initially. I watched a few videos about the treatment of animals on factory farms and it's truly barbaric. Not really gonna go on about it but I personally couldn't continue contributing to this industry where the only people who benefit from it are the ones profiting from mass murder and cruelty.

About six months after going vegan I watched a documentary called What The Health and I became more interested in the health side of things too. Personally I found it very easy to transition and I can honestly say I don't miss anything I used to eat.

2 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

It was for ethical reasons initially. I watched a few videos about the treatment of animals on factory farms and it's truly barbaric. Not really gonna go on about it but I personally couldn't continue contributing to this industry where the only people who benefit from it are the ones profiting from mass murder and cruelty.

About six months after going vegan I watched a documentary called What The Health and I became more interested in the health side of things too. Personally I found it very easy to transition and I can honestly say I don't miss anything I used to eat.

Are you spending more money? I went pescatarian for a while (Health reasons) and where I live all the “good” food for you is insanely expensive or not available unless I go into the city (150kms away).

Do vegans drive cars(which splatter and kill animals for fun on a daily basis), buy new build houses(built after knocking down animal habitats), own cats, which kill everything in sight for fun, travel by aircraft, etc? They do all this, so they are as cuntish as anyone is.

They are knocking down woodlands at the Uni near me so they can extend their sports centres and build new buildings. It doesn't stop the cunts studying there though does it?

Fuck pigs and cows, what about native wildlife? That is by far and wide the most important, yet most vegans don't actually give a fuck about that.

In the 90s these types broke into fur farms and released mink into the wild. Years later, these mink have bred, are decimating native animal stocks up and down the country and causing havoc. They kill big fish and just rip their guts out, they kill every type of bird known, but don't eat it, they have scared away the water vole, they take over Otter habitats, etc. This is what so called "animal lover" vegan hippies do for the planet.

Not to mention, many of them allow their pet cats to roam freely in the wild as well and we all know the problem that cats cause. Releasing vermin into the wild is far worse than eating meat, so get over yourselves.

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

Are you spending more money? I went pescatarian for a while (Health reasons) and where I live all the “good” food for you is insanely expensive or not available unless I go into the city (150kms away).

No I find it cheaper. Rice, beans, vegetables are all cheap but things like plant milks, fake meats/cheeses etc are more expensive. 

22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Do vegans drive cars(which splatter and kill animals for fun on a daily basis), buy new build houses(built after knocking down animal habitats), own cats, which kill everything in sight for fun, travel by aircraft, etc? They do all this, so they are as cuntish as anyone is.

They are knocking down woodlands at the Uni near me so they can extend their sports centres and build new buildings. It doesn't stop the cunts studying there though does it?

Fuck pigs and cows, what about native wildlife? That is by far and wide the most important, yet most vegans don't actually give a fuck about that.

In the 90s these types broke into fur farms and released mink into the wild. Years later, these mink have bred, are decimating native animal stocks up and down the country and causing havoc. They kill big fish and just rip their guts out, they kill every type of bird known, but don't eat it, they have scared away the water vole, they take over Otter habitats, etc. This is what so called "animal lover" vegan hippies do for the planet.

Not to mention, many of them allow their pet cats to roam freely in the wild as well and we all know the problem that cats cause. Releasing vermin into the wild is far worse than eating meat, so get over yourselves.

I

Pretty bogstandard response from people who are deliberately cruel to animals (fishing) and gthen laughably claim to be 'animal lovers'. You'll be asking where I get my protein from next and asking 'but what about lions?'. Then it'll be 'If you were stranded on a desert island would you kill a pig?'.

Just admit that you think your tastebuds are more important than sentient life. Living in denial is not good

This is what you're paying for:

Archived