talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery is the new Arsenal head coach

The next Arsenal head coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Arsenal coach?

• Massimiliano Allegri
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Unai Emery
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Thierry Henry
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Eduardo Berizzo
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Lucien Favre
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Rafaél Benítez
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But Morata has scored in a Champions League Final (didn't hide in that competition like Giroud did against Anderlecht) and then won one with Real Madrid in a season where he was a protagonist. Anyway... Morata isn't the song of my praises.

Had to edit because my iPad turned Giroud into "aground" xD:ph34r:

Morata's performances throughout a season have always been extremely average. Saying "he did well in that one game" doesn't change his general level.

Just now, 6666 said:

Morata's performances throughout a season have always been extremely average. Saying "he did well in that one game" doesn't change his general level.

Are you sure you didn't misspell Morata for Giroud because Giroud is Aaaall about mediocrity.

You see @Panna King what you've caused.  :(

Just now, Panna King said:

Well Giroud made the French world cup  squad instead of Lacazette  

Plan 'B' is Griroud all over and I've always said he's great to have for that.  Lacazette is what we have commonly in most places and he doesn't cut the mark. Although to be honest I prefer having Lacazette at Arsenal than Giroud. Beggars can't be choosy!

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Are you sure you didn't misspell Morata for Giroud because Giroud is Aaaall about mediocrity.

You see @Panna King what you've caused.  :(

No I just know how to analyse objectively rather than desperately cling to an agenda. :coffee:

Anyone being Spanish blinds you. Morata only exists as a lamp post that Azpilicueta can deflect crosses off of.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No I just know how to analyse objectively rather than desperately cling to an agenda. :coffee:

Anyone being Spanish blinds you. Morata only exists as a lamp post that Azpilicueta can deflect crosses off of.

Boo hoo... :(

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd take Giroud over Morata everyday to be honest.

Same, without a second thought either.

Watch Morata fucking blow up with goals next season and people bring these up xD

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Same, without a second thought either.

Watch Morata fucking blow up with goals next season and people bring these up xD

Morata is spanish Giroud, he was only good as an option B from the bench when at Madrid, except he costed chelsea six times of what his superior costed Arsenal. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm pretty sure Asura has said before that English isn't his first language. So it's hardly hilarious.

I was referring to Diego Costa (Chelsea being 'Costed'), not his use of language  

My bad, shit joke :cardY:

Really interesting piece here by Ornstein in the appointment of the new head coach. Love seeing the direction the club is taking. Seems Allegri and Arteta are the final two now, although Tuchel was our man until PSG got in before us.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm pretty sure Asura has said before that English isn't his first language. So it's hardly hilarious.

18 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Costed xD

Hahaha, I didnt know "costed" was a wrong term to use until now, I have seen quite a few folks use that word. Its probably one of the terms coined by us Indians, just like "prepone" which I learnt is not a proper English term after I moved to the US. We use the term "prepone" as an opposite to "postpone". 

• Administrator
On 17/05/2018 at 17:20, Chaaay AFC said:

I do have to say it has been brilliant to see the MSM have no idea who it's going to be, they are just throwing any name out now. 

Now you know how every single club in England has felt at least once in the past 22 years xD

Some media outlets know the square root of fuck all when it comes to some clubs and they just throw any name in to the hat to drum up interest. 

They just throw up names to spark a bit of conversation or get some hits in their links/sites. 

Nice to see Arsenal are following our footsteps with the change in their set up, heard they want to appoint Dean Smith and bring back midfield general Nico Yennaris.

On a serious note it baffles me how journalists still have to explain the "continental model" as if it's like presenting the idea of going site seeing for cultural appreciation to a group of orange skinned lads on an 18-30s trip to Magaluf.

19 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Really interesting piece here by Ornstein in the appointment of the new head coach. Love seeing the direction the club is taking. Seems Allegri and Arteta are the final two now, although Tuchel was our man until PSG got in before us.

You know something mate... I know you listen to and read anything Ornstein has to say but also remember that club directives can sometimes sway us all off and that they try to use the press to their own benefit because in football unlike in real big business, there are a big set of fans ready to judge you.

i don't believe for one second that you believe that Tuchel was the only one they ever wanted and the seeming confidence the club are wanting to give out in that it's all under control.

Arsenal have interviewed quite a few more than just Tuchel, Allegri and Arteta over the past three months. Some names on four separate occassions which to me says that wither they've found it extremely difficult to convince big names or that there's a lot of differing influence coming from various corners at the club... A power struggle!

30 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

£50m transfer spend should secure 6th place next season

There should be sales to boost that amount and I hope work has been going on in that sense, not only on those leaving and getting the most for them (not easy in itself due to underperformance) but also identifying and tapping the targets Arsenal want.

Archived