talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery is the new Arsenal head coach

The next Arsenal head coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Arsenal coach?

• Massimiliano Allegri
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Unai Emery
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Thierry Henry
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Eduardo Berizzo
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Lucien Favre
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Rafaél Benítez
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other...

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Bluewolf said:

5 minutes in and probably not even seen the colour of the carpet in his new office and you are already in quick with criticism of the poor bloke... 

I can just imagine it now.. 8 decent games then two crap ones and the Emery Out!  placards will be on show all round the ground... he doesn't stand a chance

Must be a Gooner thing.. :ph34r:

Haha! Coming from a Chelsea fan, I must of missed the memo by you lot on how to treat managers nicely... xD:ph34r:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Haha! Coming from a Chelsea fan, I must of missed the memo by you lot on how to treat managers nicely... xD:ph34r:

Ours normally have about a 1.5 season lifespan... Doesn't matter how nice to them or horrible that's all they get.. Some moths have a longer lifespan than our managers.. goes with the territory 

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Ours normally have about a 1.5 season lifespan... Doesn't matter how nice to them or horrible that's all they get.. Some moths have a longer lifespan than our managers.. goes with the territory 

Providing he doesn't take us further down the table next season I don't think the fans will hit out against him at all. Hilarious we're even talking about possible dissent when the only thing he's been involved in so far for us is an official announcement of his appointment and a press conference. xD But that's football these days it seems! O.o

Arsenal fans are too much in the know of what's been going on at the club (at all levels) for over a decade now and if things were to go Pete tong with Emery in charge (or whoever that coach could've been) the next step where protests could be foreseen would be directed right to the top because they're the ones responsible for anything negative about Arsenal Football Club.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Providing he doesn't take us further down the table next season I don't think the fans will hit out against him at all. Hilarious we're even talking about possible dissent when the only thing he's been involved in so far for us is an official announcement of his appointment and a press conference. xD But that's football these days it seems! O.o

Arsenal fans are too much in the know of what's been going on at the club (at all levels) for over a decade now and if things were to go Pete tong with Emery in charge (or whoever that coach could've been) the next step where protests could be foreseen would be directed right to the top because they're the ones responsible for anything negative about Arsenal Football Club.

It's going to be interesting to see how the club go about things now... Having had Wenger in that role for so long it's hard to fathom if they plan to make this appointment a long term one for the same type of stability or maybe start doing a lot of chopping or changing until they get success kind of following the path we do.. Only time will tell I suppose. I think managers should be able to complete 3 seasons minimum without fear of losing their jobs if things go a bit wrong, but we know that will never happen because there would be too much onus of responsibility back in the hands of the owners who make the appointments in the first place...   

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Unai Emery is having his first press conference alongside Gazidis. Fair play to him for speaking in English, obviously not brilliant but is doing very well.

Highly recommend any Arsenal fan to listen. Process for finding new coach was very thorough and Gazidis explained at the press conference the recruitment. Biggest take-away was there was an 8 man shortlist who were all interviewed for the job between April & May. Not one of the 8 backed out and were all interested until the end.

Gazidis said that Emery knew everything about the backroom staff as well,  but that was an easy one as they all got sacked xD

I need to neck about 3 pints before I have the balls to try and say a few sentences in a foreign language to a small group of people, so fair enough to the guy for giving it a go in English having never spoken it in public before.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I need to neck about 3 pints before I have the balls to try and say a few sentences in a foreign language to a small group of people, so fair enough to the guy for giving it a go in English having never spoken it in public before.

He will be fluent soon, its part of the job and also the marketing of Arsenal, the coach will have to speak English,  same happened to Pochettino at Spurs, he didn't speak a work of English at Southampton because  he didn't feel confident but at Tottenham he had to speak English from the start.   

People do make fun of people though who try and speak another language, like Van Gaal he spoke very basic English compared to most Dutch people who overall speak good English, so they were very critical of him and also made fun but he speaks fluent Spanish ,German as well as Dutch.    Emery though must of spoken English at some point when he was coach in Russia at Spartak Moscow, I am not sure if he speaks French but he has adapted also to France for 2 years.    

5 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Unai Emery is having his first press conference alongside Gazidis. Fair play to him for speaking in English, obviously not brilliant but is doing very well.

Highly recommend any Arsenal fan to listen. Process for finding new coach was very thorough and Gazidis explained at the press conference the recruitment. Biggest take-away was there was an 8 man shortlist who were all interviewed for the job between April & May. Not one of the 8 backed out and were all interested until the end.

You mean pundits and ITKs on Twitter didn't have all the information? :o

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

You mean pundits and ITKs on Twitter didn't have all the information? :o

Shocking isn't it mate, thought they were all so reliable. The best has been Gary Neville calling our process a shambles. Blokes becoming a right tool, he clearly was just buying the media narrative.

Do we know for sure who the other 7 people were who got interviews? Gazidis fired this number as thou he was proving the club had done their due diligence before naming Emery.

I am sure Arsenal fans would love to know the 8 names in total the club thought would offer 'progressive, attacking football' as stated as the requirements by Gazidis back in April.

10 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Shocking isn't it mate, thought they were all so reliable. The best has been Gary Neville calling our process a shambles. Blokes becoming a right tool, he clearly was just buying the media narrative.

As had half the fans on here, cooing over Arteta and now reversing and saying Emery was the best appointment.

39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just reading he is to be given a whopping 60MILL to spend upgrading the squad in the transfer window... 

I wonder who's leg he plans on buying with that then?? 

Well at least I hope it won’t be France’s second division top scorer anymore. I think! :ph34r:

Seriously though... I think it’s all about who we can get rid off which is even more difficult when you think about it. 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Well at least I hope it won’t be France’s second division top scorer anymore. I think! :ph34r:

Seriously though... I think it’s all about who we can get rid off which is even more difficult when you think about it. 

Could sell them to Wengers new club :ph34r:

Archived