talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forums

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed how the ref allowed play to continue and it was as though he never even considered it a foul in the first place.. I suppose with VAR in operation they can afford to skip the big calls themselves and allow someone else to give them the nod.. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I noticed how the ref allowed play to continue and it was as though he never even considered it a foul in the first place.. I suppose with VAR in operation they can afford to skip the big calls themselves and allow someone else to give them the nod.. 

yep, that's how it's meant to work so VAR worked perfectly there I'd say. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Has to let the game be in a 'neutral area' apparently, so can't stop an attack to view it.

I do like the fact you can make the correct decision but fuck me, it's all so American isn't it.

Just now, Bluewolf said:

It would have been terrible if not given.

The stakes were too high for Cueva on that penalty, it was clear from his body expression.

I think that half sums up about how even these 2 are. They've been intelligent, when they saw we dominated the game, they began to take over the aerial game which is one of our weaknesses. They are the best side we've face in 2018 so far and I hope that missed penalty isn't a bad omen.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

can someone check on @Blue please?

xD Hope he´s alright. 

But seriously, I´m more and more convinced that taking PKs is the most underlooked and underrated ability in football. Having a reliable guy to convert it make the difference, especially in close matches.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This referee has been awful. Giving non-existent foul calls. Its odd, but our own undoing will ultimately be ourselves.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

yep, that's how it's meant to work so VAR worked perfectly there I'd say. 

Well allowing play to continue did keep the game flowing so we didn't get that stop start situation that everyone is so unhappy with only having to stop if there actually is an incident of note... Didn't take him long to go and see then come back and make the decision either 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

This referee has been awful. Giving non-existent foul calls. Its odd, but our own undoing will ultimately be ourselves.

Referee's been awful for both.

Sometimes the flow of the game is disrupted because he is whistle-happy.

I'd suspect won't want to mess with him though...

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well allowing play to continue did keep the game flowing so we didn't get that stop start situation that everyone is so unhappy with only having to stop if there actually is an incident of note... Didn't take him long to go and see then come back and make the decision either 

Imagine if Denmark had scored instantly on the counter.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Has to let the game be in a 'neutral area' apparently, so can't stop an attack to view it.

I do like the fact you can make the correct decision but fuck me, it's all so American isn't it.

I wonder how long it will be before you can hear what refs are saying and why they make calls for fouls etc?? With all the verbal abuse that goes on it will be a long, long while I should imagine 

Yeah, the referee is never an excuse for having lost a match. Especially in our case, when we are more than good enough to win this game, but if we lose our undoing will be us and us only. I just had to point out that he's making really dodgy calls and its getting annoying.

I hope Paolo comes on in the second half. We badly need to make up for the aerial game, in which we are getting beat. I think we're the second shortest team at the World Cup? These Danes aren't going to stop either. 

Our best player so far has been Carrillo. Everything is coming through him. Tapia started well, but is having an ordinary game now. Not bad, but not standout.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I hope Paolo comes on in the second half. We badly need to make up for the aerial game, in which we are getting beat. I think we're the second shortest team at the World Cup? These Danes aren't going to stop either. 

Our best player so far has been Carrillo. Everything is coming through him. Tapia started well, but is having an ordinary game now. Not bad, but not standout.

Advincula, for me.

Just now, El Profesor said:

According to São Paulo fans Cueva´s record in PKs: 15 attempts, 10 goals, 5 misses. Missing 1 in 3 is not good. 

He's not good at penalties when the stakes are high. He also skied his penalty in the shootout against Colombia at the Copa America 2016.

The sad thing is, we've not got much better there. Farfan maybe.

Archived