talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rayo Vallecano has played some sexy match.

Very impressed by Carrillo. Nimble, technical, quick on his feet and with a clear idea of what to do in the opposing end.  Advincula also knows how to be a presence in the whole flank. Cristian Cueva hasn't looked like a go-to guy, though.

The Conchasen can't believe their luck.

Just now, Machado said:

LOL, how has he ended the game there? What a shit ref really.

He waited all peruvians defenders to get in the area to whistle. What a troll. xD

Seriously though, I feel for Peru in this match. They had the volume to score at least one goal. A shame. Now trying to get those points wasted today against France will be an uphill climb.

Good on Denmark, like I said they are a good side.

I don't think we deserved the win though. We've been good but you can't be that wasteful in front of goal. The one thing that needs to happen in the next game is that Guerrero has to start. The game completely changed everything, even if they decided to sit back a bit. Yousuf Poulsen was very good for them.

Hard to say who our best player was today. I thought that right flank (Carrillo and Advincula) did well, while our left flank (Trauco and Flores) was poorer than usual. Yes, we were really unlucky but simply put, it wasn't good enough and part of the reason we lost is because we gifted the aerial duels at the start of the second half.

There's no other way to put it - we have to beat France. I'm not getting my hopes up, but we beat Brazil to knock them out 2 years ago in the Copa America, so anything is possible.

• Administrator

@DeadLinesman I presume they'll go back and check the incident. If it requires overturning they'll disallow the team that went up and scored and go back to the incident.

Cesc just raised the point you did xD 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

He waited all peruvians defenders to get in the area to whistle. What a troll. xD

Seriously though, I feel for Peru in this match. They had the volume to score at least one goal. A shame. Now trying to get those points wasted today against France will be an uphill climb.

Should have won by two or more goals. Their finishing was way off.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The ship got signal for the last ten minutes, great stop by Schmeichel at the end to keep the score at 1-0 and bag the three points. 

Shame that this puts Peru almost mathematically out of the tournament.

Not even close, but if we want to be realistic, we are probably going to get eliminated.

The good thing is though that we played exactly as I would've liked - a chance to impress others and hopefully let these players make a name for themselves. If we lose to France, I will be absolutely gutted especially given how much promised we've shown in the past 2 years - but play like we did today and get the 3 points against Australia and I'll be satisfied even if its not exactly what I wanted. The whole aim is to kick on this new generation.

Denmark weren’t great but they played to their aerial strength, defended well when Peru’s flair caused them problems, and the ball fell to Eriksen when they finally caught out Peru mid-build-up.

Peru were a bit unlucky to not score but Denmark also played a near-perfect game against such an aggressive side who were additionally enthused by so much emotion for the occasion.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

So being knocked out in the group would be a successful tournament? :what:

I've been saying for months the only aim is to kick on this group of players and have them move to bigger teams. 

If I said we have to get past the groups, its because it was impossible to not dream on with how we were doing. We play like that every game, just a little less wasteful.

23 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Rayo Vallecano has played some sexy match.

Very impressed by Carrillo. Nimble, technical, quick on his feet and with a clear idea of what to do in the opposing end.  Advincula also knows how to be a presence in the whole flank. Cristian Cueva hasn't looked like a go-to guy, though.

The Conchasen can't believe their luck.

Carrillo is the most frustrating player for a football fan. He has immense talent, but he's lazy as owt. He's inconsistent too. He isn't the best scorer or assister but he'll beat any full back in the world with the help of a similar full back. He never translates that for club level, in which he just doesn't try. The only manager who has gotten him to work in Europe so far is Marco Silva for a brief stint at Sporting, he had really good form a few years ago and wasn't able to replicate it at club level.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not been impressed with Edison Flores so far, even before that comical miss a few minutes ago.

I've been a bit disappointed with him in recent times. He's got the talent but he's just not impactful enough anymore. However, he guarantees a goal every now and again, so I prefer to keep him in the first team.

Peru deserved something from this match. But they had more than enough chances and, at this level, you just can't be that wasteful. Eye candy football, but you need to be effective.

Expected more from Denmark. Always seem to be a hit or miss team, in these tournaments. No middle term for them.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for respecting me and Peru despite the loss. I wasn't expecting it.

I have a sour taste at the moment and probably won't watch the Croatia game, but I'm glad this thread has gone well.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Anyways, thanks to everyone for respecting me and Peru despite the loss. I wasn't expecting it.

I have a sour taste at the moment and probably won't watch the Croatia game, but I'm glad this thread has gone well.

You are and should be proud of your team. It’s fair to say that sometimes I thought you were talking bollocks about how good this Peru team played and their potential. I’m happy to say I was wrong. Hopefully they can sort their finishing out as they could easily get a result against a shite French outfit and Australia.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

How big is your population blue?

Just now, Blue said:

33 million.

Really. Shows how well Uruguay do. They have a small population don' they? Anyway I didn't see the match but from what they said on the radio Peru deserved at least a point. But that's football I guess 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived