talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forums

Keep in mind most of these fans are tourists. Some don't even care they are losing 5-0.

I know as much as this: when Peru lost 1-0 to France, I didn't watch a football game in focus for 2 days, while the people who were actually at Russia were laughing their asses off after the game and drinking a ton of beer. I think that's the whole point of the World Cup to unite the nation. Its not all about having the best teams. 

My issue though is that FIFA makes it out to be the 32 best and that gets annoying.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Panamá aren’t North American either. They’re Central American. There’s a big difference. 

True, but if you want to get technical they are just part of America. I personally like to keep it via football geography. If they are a part of CONCACAF, they are North America for me xD

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

The qualification system is fine. The only issue is that FIFA tries to advertise it as the best teams in the world, when it obviously isn't.

If it was that way, we'd have more teams from Europe and South America. Its a world cup though and its not all about being the best. That's not the whole point of the tournament. That matters most when we reach the knockouts in my opinion.

When I think of it I don't even care about it being the biggest and best teams, I just want teams to turn up prepared and have an honest effort at getting a result.

I don't give a shit if Iceland lack the quality to do much against big teams except sit deep and work off long throws. At least they're prepared, and they try their guts out to scrape a point rather than get so carried away by emotion that they give away penalties seemingly on purpose just to settle scores with England players.

Just now, Inverted said:

When I think of it I don't even care about it being the biggest and best teams, I just want teams to turn up prepared and have an honest effort at getting a result.

I don't give a shit if Iceland lack the quality to do much against big teams except sit deep and work off long throws. At least they're prepared, and they try their guts out to scrape a point rather than get so carried away by emotion that they give away penalties seemingly on purpose just to settle scores with England players.

I agree but again its not Italy or The Netherlands fault that Panama qualified. 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think 3 or 4 teams from north America is wrong while Australasia or whatever it is called get none. Shortly new Zealand are better than Panama. Don't think more Europe in teams should qualify though

In my view those other teams should go into a play-off with the other conferderations and that way you get the best attending the tournament. 

If you want the best of the best qualifying, have 18 from Europe and 7 or 8 from South America.

Again though I don't think thats the ultimate point of the World Cup, even if FIFA say something different.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Honestly... The attitude of some of the Panamá players is animalistic. This type of side doesn’t belong in a World Cup. It takes away merit from this tournament and lowers its meaning.

That and the fact they are absolutely shit... The Solomon Islands would rip them a new arsehole. 

This will be a regular occurrence in 2026 if Infantino gets his wish.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd take Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and Mexico from SA. The rest just aren't good enough as results have proved.

Your baiting attempts are awful.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

If you want the best of the best qualifying, have 18 from Europe and 7 or 8 from South America.

Again though I don't think thats the ultimate point of the World Cup, even if FIFA say something different.

Well said. Quality would be higher but it would lack a worldly flair. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd take Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and Mexico from SA. The rest just aren't good enough as results have proved.

Uruguay? Also Mexico is in CONCACAF with the US & Panama and other sides that aren't great. No idea why they get so many teams in a world cup tbh.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Uruguay? Also Mexico is in CONCACAF with the US & Panama and other sides that aren't great. No idea why they get so many teams in a world cup tbh.

He's joking. I don't think he's stupid enough to say Mexico is in CONMEBOL xD

Archived