talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Open Note to @Blue

Here I was thinking this was going to be a thread laughing at Blue and his ridiculous claims that Peru were going to do well and what I’ve found is people talking up Peru like they’ve performed like Russia have, yet they’ve lost both games and failed to score. 

They’ve done as expected, unless you were Blue, and they’re on their way home and it’s fucking great to see. No more threads turning into a discussion of Peru at the World Cup, thank fuck for that. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Spike said:

God forbid a country where 1/4 of the population live in poverty with a small talent pool get to the world cup and actually play attacking, easy on the eye, football. Fucking Christ, as if they even have the same standards of coaching and training as England. :dam:

On a population table Peru would be around mid table.

Iceland with 300k population is the only massive anomaly population wise. After then probably Croatia and Uruguay with 5mish and very good teams and both have history.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

God forbid a country where 1/4 of the population live in poverty with a small talent pool get to the world cup and actually play attacking, easy on the eye, football. Fucking Christ, as if they even have the same standards of coaching and training as England. :dam:

Denmark, who have beaten Peru has a population of about 6 million, Croatia, who beat Argentina, have a population of 4m and Switzerland, who drew with Brazil, has a population of 8m and Iceland has a population of just over 300k. I see no threads about any of these nations. 

Nigeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Colombia and Serbia are also higher up the league table in terms of poverty than Peru, that’s a fifth of the participants in Russia. 

15 hours ago, Eco said:

Nope, but I've been on his ass about a lot of things, but Peruvian football was a good watch, so I'm just giving credit publicly where credit is due. 

yeah.    @Blue deserves this.   We have all seen his excitement and enthusiasm for his country before the world cup.     sorry for the term blue, but you have infected most of the threads with the peruvian-virus it's annoying at times but  it's understandable granting your country hasn't participated in 30+ years :P     sad seeing such an exciting team go out of the tournament so early.    this set of players still has the Copa America to look forward to ......... goodluck then.

@Smiley Culture   

Croatia, who beat Argentina, have a population of 4m and Switzerland, who drew with Brazil, has a population of 8m and Iceland has a population of just over 300k. I see no threads about any of these nations.

becoz we don't have a fellow forumer that hails from those places and even if we do, none of them has been too passionate as Blue :P  :P   

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Here I was thinking this was going to be a thread laughing at Blue and his ridiculous claims that Peru were going to do well and what I’ve found is people talking up Peru like they’ve performed like Russia have, yet they’ve lost both games and failed to score. 

They’ve done as expected, unless you were Blue, and they’re on their way home and it’s fucking great to see. No more threads turning into a discussion of Peru at the World Cup, thank fuck for that. 

So you're annoyed that people wanted to stick up for me? Sorry to break it to you but not everyone is a moany bellend.

Oh ye of little faith. 

Nigeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Colombia and Serbia are also higher up the league table in terms of poverty than Peru, that’s a fifth of the participants in Russia. 

Bollocks, other than Nigeria, Egypt and maybe Tunisia, none of them are as poor as us. Colombia have a lower HDI but realistically are a more advanced country than us due to the lack of capital centrism.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

So you're annoyed that people wanted to stick up for me? Sorry to break it to you but not everyone is a moany bellend.

I’m not annoyed by anything. I expected Peru to be out by now, they are. No surprises there, let’s move on and talk about countries who are relevant. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Bollocks, other than Nigeria, Egypt and maybe Tunisia, none of them are as poor as us. Colombia have a higher HDI but realistically are a more advanced country than us due to the lack of capital centrism.

I mean, I just used Google. How reliable that is, is anyone’s guess but that’s what I found anyway but well done for winning the Poverty World Cup. Great achievement. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not annoyed by anything. I expected Peru to be out by now, they are. No surprises there, let’s move on and talk about countries who are relevant. 

I mean, I just used Google. How reliable that is, is anyone’s guess but that’s what I found anyway but well done for winning the Poverty World Cup. Great achievement. 

Yes you are annoyed and its quite shocking to see that you don't like it when people stick up for me.

Yeah, I used actually living in this country. In Lima, there are about 5 or 6 districts of high class, where as the rest are below that.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes you are annoyed and its quite shocking to see that you don't like it when people stick up for me.

Yeah, I used actually living in this country. In Lima, there are about 5 or 6 districts of high class, where as the rest are below that.

I’m not annoyed by anything but I just really get all this faux sympathy as if Peru have been particularly unlucky or have been superb (I’d say Russia and Croatia have been the better sides of those who’ve played two games) and I don’t see threads for those nations when really, there probably should be, IMO. 

It’s bemusement not annoyance, my dear hamster eater. 

31 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not annoyed by anything but I just really get all this faux sympathy as if Peru have been particularly unlucky or have been superb (I’d say Russia and Croatia have been the better sides of those who’ve played two games) and I don’t see threads for those nations when really, there probably should be, IMO. 

It’s bemusement not annoyance, my dear hamster eater. 

Croatia and Russia have been better than us, but we have been unlucky in at least the France game. The reason we get a thread for me is because of how much shit I've received over the past few months and yet people ended up impressed with us despite losing.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Croatia and Russia have been better than us, but we have been unlucky in at least the France game. The reason we get a thread for me is because of how much shit I've received over the past few months and yet people ended up impressed with us despite losing.

you know some of that shit wasn't always serious though?

And this whole thread is because of @Eco

Image result for gay gif

• Subscriber

I honestly thought they'd get through that group but they just haven't had the quality where it counts most. Very similar to Morocco. An entertaining side with very good fans, but just haven't had enough.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I honestly thought they'd get through that group but they just haven't had the quality where it counts most. Very similar to Morocco. An entertaining side with very good fans, but just haven't had enough.

Yeah, after seeing Morocco vs Portugal I knew that same thing would happen to us in our next game. Oh well, time to look forward to the Copa America. Experience let us down.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Fusion said:

Peru was brilliant this summer, they will win at next World Cup, I'm 100% sure.

I read that as 'they will win the next World Cup' and was about to ban Brian for having multiple accounts.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I read that as 'they will win the next World Cup' and was about to ban Brian for having multiple accounts.

Thanks mate, I actually edited my post now, it sounds more realistic now.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

With all the talk of Peru that's been going on I cannot believe that no one has picked up on that their manager looks like Caitlyn Jenner.

Ricardo Gareca

Image result for iggy pop

Iggy Pop:

Image result for ricardo gareca

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

No fun allowed.

Teso in particular is not allowed to have fun. He said we weren't going to qualify for this World Cup, or for another 40 years and that if we did he would never post again.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Teso in particular is not allowed to have fun. He said we weren't going to qualify for this World Cup, or for another 40 years and that if we did he would never post again.

Was also supposed to donate to the forum if Leicester finished top half. 

Archived