talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I was just about to say typical Spurs bottler but couldn’t be arsed to get a notification tomorrow when Storts has dug up a missed Villa pen from 2003 

xDxD 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark

Both teams were awful. I tried to find positives in Croatia and I found the same thing I saw in the Argentina game. Good at pressing but everytime they have to attack its 1 player driving forward with the rest getting to the box at turtle pace. 

If Denmark had better technique they would have won this game. Its a shame we aren't here instead, but no point in thinking in what ifs.

Anyways the only 2 good teams on this side of the bracket are England and an on form Colombia. I'm undecided on Russia to be honest. I think they've done well but I'm not sure if they are this top side yet.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

got a feeling Croatia will still win on penalties :( 

one of those funny things that happen in football. Keeper saves his team to keep them in the game. Can't do enough in the shootout and ends up going home :( 

told you all :( 

• Subscriber

Bit sick for Denmark really. I didn't think they were that bad.

Schmeichel had a very good tournament. Really happy to see that after a pretty bad year for us.

• Administrator
Just now, ASF said:

Unlucky Denmark. Thought they were the best team, during the 120 minutes.

Some awful pens in this shoot-out. 

some awful penalties, awful run-ups but some great saves too. Subasic for Eriksen's was brilliant.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

some awful penalties, awful run-ups but some great saves too. Subasic for Eriksen's was brilliant.

True.

Schmeichel did his job. Saved 3 penalties. You can't ask for more.

Whilst it wasn't the best game of football, the momentum of winning a penalty shootout will probably work in Croatia's favour now. They've been the best team in this half of the Knockouts so I really hope we meet them in the semis.

I reckon they will get through Russia. With the ability of this squad and the average age, they'll never have a better chance of winning the World Cup. Looking at the route left they know it.

On a side note I hope we don't see Slaven Billic again after this tournament. He can't take a joke and he constantly slags off England. Even when Croatia play he's annoying.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That Cornelius looks a good player. Think we should look to sign him for the future.

Did you know that we went in for him first for about £300k but eventually chose to leave it. You then went and paid £8mil xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived