Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Bluewolf

So then.. finished the garden project

Not gonna lie but in the 22nd picture down with the guy holding the broom, i thought you looked older than that... 

• Haha 1

Quality effort @Bluewolf mate! Good story, actually informative and makes me feel like I’d have some hope of doing similar in the near term if I had the balls to try it. My little man turns 3 in 2.5 months (and little girl on the way in Jan) so maybe I should look at least at the playhouse part of that. Could be a good project for me and my (recently retired) old man once the weather improves a bit!!

Is the turf artificial? It looks absolutely pristine either way. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Danny said:

That's class mate, love a bit of landscape gardening!

Cheers mate... done all kinds of stuff over the years.. great when I have the time and money for it..

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Quality effort @Bluewolf mate! Good story, actually informative and makes me feel like I’d have some hope of doing similar in the near term if I had the balls to try it. My little man turns 3 in 2.5 months (and little girl on the way in Jan) so maybe I should look at least at the playhouse part of that. Could be a good project for me and my (recently retired) old man once the weather improves a bit!!

Is the turf artificial? It looks absolutely pristine either way. 

Yea it is mate... After trying it every other way without success I went for that this time.. A few years ago it was poor quality and I didn't want to spend a shit load of money on crap but it's come a long way now and so much better.. nice and safe for the little ones as well underneath, no hard surfaces and a 10 year guarantee.. I got a bit lucky with that as well in truth, The one we wanted to get was out of stock and the next one would not have been available until mid August so told him I would need to go elsewhere as it needed finishing sooner. He was a real big help and he swung it so we got a more expensive one for the price of the one we were going for in the first place.. It's like a big outdoor carpet.. xD

It turned out great... I'm sure she'll love it! 

Also you should consider writing a book or something, love itxD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Cheers mate... done all kinds of stuff over the years.. great when I have the time and money for it..

Yea it is mate... After trying it every other way without success I went for that this time.. A few years ago it was poor quality and I didn't want to spend a shit load of money on crap but it's come a long way now and so much better.. nice and safe for the little ones as well underneath, no hard surfaces and a 10 year guarantee.. I got a bit lucky with that as well in truth, The one we wanted to get was out of stock and the next one would not have been available until mid August so told him I would need to go elsewhere as it needed finishing sooner. He was a real big help and he swung it so we got a more expensive one for the price of the one we were going for in the first place.. It's like a big outdoor carpet.. xD

Good one. We have a dodgy lawn too and it annoys me greatly. But just too many deciduous trees to go for an artificial option. Big oaks that drop leaves everywhere in autumn. Ill probably turn it and reseed it in spring. Need a shade tolerant type of grass i think...

Do you have a photo of the staircase you installed in the playhouse? Interested to see how you made that happen. 

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

It turned out great... I'm sure she'll love it! 

Also you should consider writing a book or something, love itxD 

Yea, not too shabby... Miles better than what it was before and now I won't have to keep going back over the same old ground over and over again.. got other stuff I need to be getting on with.. That's where we were playing footy yesterday before she rugby style kicked the balls over the fence and that put paid to that.. xD

A book you say.. interesting.. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Good one. We have a dodgy lawn too and it annoys me greatly. But just too many deciduous trees to go for an artificial option. Big oaks that drop leaves everywhere in autumn. Ill probably turn it and reseed it in spring. Need a shade tolerant type of grass i think...

Do you have a photo of the staircase you installed in the playhouse? Interested to see how you made that happen. 

Actually no I don't as it still needs a bit of sanding and painting but once it's painted up I will put up a picture so you can see it.. 

Post of the year right there. Actually felt part of the journey. I’ve just taken a look at my garden and I think we could utilize your skills, Joe! 

• Upvote 1

Recovered one of the missing pictures and the reason for so much time spent in the garden... Little did Mrs Bluewolf know!  :whistling:

main-qimg-5058b7691161ae3aff0f6acfe172ae

great work mate!  ;)

• Upvote 1

That play house you've built must be worth about £300,000 in London now is it?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

for which part of the room?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Post of the year right there. Actually felt part of the journey. I’ve just taken a look at my garden and I think we could utilize your skills, Joe! 

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it... 

2 hours ago, Berserker said:

Excellent work and looking good mate. I'm sure the little one will love it too.

Cheers mate, she does so makes it all worth while.. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Recovered one of the missing pictures and the reason for so much time spent in the garden... Little did Mrs Bluewolf know!  :whistling:

main-qimg-5058b7691161ae3aff0f6acfe172ae

great work mate!  ;)

Charlie Dimmock.... them were the days and thanks.. 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

for which part of the room?

2 levels... decking area and own garden... 450,000 easy!! 

• Upvote 2

That looks pretty fucking awesome.

If you need a new project, I have rooms that need painting, a wardrobe that needs putting up, bamboo that needs removing and a garden that need levelling.

• Haha 2

On 18/08/2018 at 16:43, True Blue said:

That looks great Dad, beauty of a garden top job. 

Cheers son... where were you when I needed help with the heavy lifting??? off out enjoying yourself i suppose.. 

On 18/08/2018 at 16:56, The Palace Fan said:

That looks pretty fucking awesome.

If you need a new project, I have rooms that need painting, a wardrobe that needs putting up, bamboo that needs removing and a garden that need levelling.

Thank you kindly... I will start working on a quote.. xD