talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forums

For the first time since 1994 it may be with final votes being tallied that the ANC government may fall bellow 50% which will require for the first time since the Constitutional Democracy that South Africa will be a coalition government. 

This is outdated as all votes have been counted but the ANC have gone from 66%, 69%, 65%, 62%, 57% to looking possibly at a sub 50% however we are still waiting on confirmation.    This is aided by a stronger showing by the Democratic Alliance but also the rise of further factionalism and african nationalism parties like the EFF and MK party eroding the ANC vote.   It is still a problem that these two parties will obtain around 20% of the vote.  

https://results.elections.org.za/dashboards/npe/

• 2 weeks later...

The MK party seeking an Interdict the National Assembly from convening on Friday to swear in MP's based on a claim with no evidence of "widespread vote rigging".    This is well out of the time frame to raise election disputes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c511yz5ze18o.amp

Dutch men's volleyball player who raped a 12 year-old girl in UK after meeting her on Facebook and served one year sentence for it and is on sex offender registry for life will be playing in the coming Olympics despite protest. 

In interviews with Dutch media previously Van de Velde said: "I can't reverse it, so will have to bear the consequences. It has been the biggest mistake of my life."

So what does the girl have to live with? What a pathetic, selfish, scum of a person.

attempted coup in Bolivia failed which reminds me of the coup counter I was doing since Biden took office. It was around 16 since I lost count, there has been the Wagner coup in Russia, this one in Bolivia and a few others I think so total is around 19-21

14 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I know Eccles very well, hung about there when i was a kid and played for the Rugby team. i thought they had banned these dogs already

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I know Eccles very well, hung about there when i was a kid and played for the Rugby team. i thought they had banned these dogs already

Have you seen the video? We did hear the shouting and sirens and gunshots from the police. We thought it was a fight and fireworks.

I spoke to the owner of the dog a few weeks back. Do have a natter with him once a month usually as he was in our circles when growing up.

He is a heavy drinker and someone said he couldn't grab the dog as he was drunk. Not sure if that's true or not.

I think to keep them, you need an exempt form and it has to be muzzled in public.

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

in relation to Julian Assange getting released lately, reminder this was one of the key videos he helped leaked that caused an uproar and subsequent actions leading to his arrest

Turk nationalist mobs are attacking Syrians refugees in Turkey. Some have been killed. The main impetus for this xenophobia is the shit economy under Erdogan and naturally people just find an easy scapegoat for venting their anger.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2024/7/2/protests-and-arrests-as-anti-syrian-riots-rock-turkey

Riot is a very wrong word to frame these racially driven mobs which media does so often imo it gives the impression that there is equal monopoly on violence which is not the case most often. Just call them violent attacks if pogrom is too strong a word

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

UK ✅

France ✅

USA ⏳

When you look at the percentage of the votes Labour got 34% I think lib dems got 13%. Assuming that the other left wing parties got 4% between them Britain is a left wing country currently. Also when you consider there are a lot of Conservative voters who won't vote for them right now as they feel they are to right wing I feel that we aren't to bad at the moment. 

37 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

When you look at the percentage of the votes Labour got 34% I think lib dems got 13%. Assuming that the other left wing parties got 4% between them Britain is a left wing country currently. Also when you consider there are a lot of Conservative voters who won't vote for them right now as they feel they are to right wing I feel that we aren't to bad at the moment. 

Not being psycho right wing doesn't mean being left wing.

33 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Interesting view since Reform UK had 14.3 % of the vote, for comparison AFD won 10.4 % last Bundestagswahl (German GE), when almost all news about those elections other than Merkel retiring in English speaking media were about them.😄