talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

Not condoning police’s action, but they have shown great restraint till yesterday. 

This happened on 13th. 12 cops were hospitalised with injuries, with two of them being in ICU. 

https://www.timesnownews.com/amp/india/article/two-cops-in-icu-10-others-injured-after-stonepelting-in-delhi-over-citizenship-amendment-act/527046?__twitter_impression=true

Protests turned more violent yesterday. Three buses were torched. The protestors tried to burn them when there were passengers inside. 

Here's an eyewitness account of how protestors drained petrol from parked bikes and burned down buses. The passengers were lucky to escape. 

By evening protestors started pelting stones on cops. Eyewitness also stated that some threw petrol bombs. 

Here's a video of them pelting stones on cops and journalists. 

Meanwhile slogans were raised against Hindus. One can hear at 10 seconds mark. 

This follows entire train stations being burned down  in West Bengal by Muslims. And muslims throwing stones on trains filled with passengers. Plenty of videos of that online. 

The left is doing its best in spreading lies. 

The violence is unacceptable. Police action heavy handed, but what do you expect. They quietly bore the brunt for two three days. They lost their restrain when these protestors torched three buses yesterday. Tried to even burn them when passengers were inside. 

If this was US, the protestors would have been shot dead for assaulting police or public. 

And all this for what. A law that allows persecuted minorities (Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis) from neighbouring Islamic countries, who have illegally entered India before 2014, citizenship. A law that has been in demand since 1955. A law that even scummy Communists, who are now opposing it, supported till 2012.

This in NO way affects the current citizens of the country.

Not an anti-Muslim law cause even if you are Non-Indian Muslim you can apply for citizenship. Not a Hindu specific law, because it doesn't apply to Hindus or for that matter Christians, Sikhs, etc from other regions beyond those three Islamic countries. 

Left spread lies that Indian Muslims will be persecuted and now they are going on rampage. When countered by cops for destroying infrastructure, they are crying of police strong response.

Apparently, perpetual victimhood must always belong to only one community. Even if they indulge in large scale violence. 

EDIT: Just now, journalists are being assaulted, by the so called student protestors. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

When an oppressed and demonised group, that are discriminated against, have had enough it usually doesn't result in a quiet backlash. India's angry mob culture (from both sides) doesn't help, a police force that doesn't need an excuse to batter someone doesn't help and the Indian government's current handling of Kashmir also adds to the injustice felt by protesters.

Basically, Modi and his government and his brain dead, violent, fascist supporters are a bunch of cunts and the protesters, while having legitimate gripes, are reacting in an angry and sometimes over the line manner.

Problems won't start to be solved until India has a less fascist government. Less "our flag" politics = better.

Same, predictable rhetoric. Throw in the usual labels of fascism. Comment on issues like Kashmir without having any knowledge. Always deem one section oppressed, without acknowledging their faults or crimes - prime intersectionality. 

Anyways, protest all you want. It's your democratic right. Something that happens a lot here. But the moment you turn violent and destroy infrastructure and break laws, be prepared to face the law or the cop's baton, instead of hiding behind intersectionality - where only certain groups are entitled for victimhood despite their faults or crimes. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Same, predictable rhetoric. Throw in the usual labels of fascism. Comment on issues like Kashmir without having any knowledge. Always deem one section oppressed, without acknowledging their faults or crimes - prime intersectionality. 

Anyways, protest all you want. It's your democratic right. Something that happens a lot here. But the moment you turn violent and destroy infrastructure and break laws, be prepared to face the law or the cop's baton, instead of hiding behind intersectionality - where only certain groups are entitled for victimhood despite their faults or crimes. 

Modi's nationalism led government is definitely a fascist one. Citizens reacting positively to it or negatively to it doesn't change that. Also interesting that you've chosen to ignore the fact I said both sides have an issue with becoming angry mobs and also interesting that you've chosen to ignore the fact I said the protesters are at times reacting in an over the line manner... also interesting that you're justifying police brutality. Going into university's and battering students. Shameful.

Making excuses for fascism rather than calling them out for it has you on the wrong side of history. Criticising a government that drapes itself in your flag to cover up its wrongdoings doesn't mean you hate your country. Right wingers fall that trick too often.

11 hours ago, 6666 said:

Modi's nationalism led government is definitely a fascist one. Citizens reacting positively to it or negatively to it doesn't change that. Also interesting that you've chosen to ignore the fact I said both sides have an issue with becoming angry mobs and also interesting that you've chosen to ignore the fact I said the protesters are at times reacting in an over the line manner... also interesting that you're justifying police brutality. Going into university's and battering students. Shameful.

Making excuses for fascism rather than calling them out for it has you on the wrong side of history. Criticising a government that drapes itself in your flag to cover up its wrongdoings doesn't mean you hate your country. Right wingers fall that trick too often.

Some positive reactions:

On a side note, the female poster child of the protest, her Facebook posts are now public where she clearly outlines that her battles are for Islam. 

EL9t78pWsAAIAvw?format=jpg&name=small

Just one of her several posts. In others she and her friends are praising and supporting Islamic terrorists. 

Like I said before. Protest all you want. Even yesterday there were several peaceful protests. I don't have to agree with their viewpoints, even the militant ones like the woman above, but don't indulge in violence. Currently  there are more than 30 policemen in hospital, with some critical. 

And bring facts to table while arguing. Simply screaming fascism at every drop of hat is not an argument.

Your response doesn't make sense to the part you highlighted from my post... I said citizens reacting positively (like you) or negatively to Modi's government doesn't change that it's a fascist government. In other words, being in favour of it or against it doesn't change what it is. And for you to be in complete denial over the Hindutva movement is just sad.

You singling out that post also makes no sense, "The Muslim is saying that she's siding with Islam against anti-Muslim rhetoric and anti-Muslim movements, she's crazy"... really? xD

Also interesting that you're continuing to ignore the fact that I haven't said that the protesters are 100% peaceful and have said that they are at times stepping over the line. Ignoring it and then responding as if you can call me out for not saying anything... Very right wing of you. I will however reiterate that their anger is justified. You can't have police brutality and years of constant anti-Muslim sentiment and then be surprised at them not being the happiest bunch.

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

You singling out that post also makes no sense, "The Muslim is saying that she's siding with Islam against anti-Muslim rhetoric and anti-Muslim movements, she's crazy"... really? xD

She cheers Musliyar in that post, the man who oversaw Mooplah (Mapilla) riots in Kerala to establish Khilafat, where thousands of Hindus were murdered. 2000 is the conservative estimate, though others say 10,000. Close to 1,00,000 people, mostly Hindus, were driven away. 

I don't blame you for not knowing Indian history. But that clown of a woman is a Terrorist worshipper. 

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

Also interesting that you're continuing to ignore the fact that I haven't said that the protesters are 100% peaceful and have said that they are at times stepping over the line. Ignoring it and then responding as if you can call me out for not saying anything... Very right wing of you. I will however reiterate that their anger is justified. You can't have police brutality and years of constant anti-Muslim sentiment and then be surprised at them not being the happiest bunch.

Lol. Must be tough to live in a country where your places of worship are free from government control unlike Hindus, where your places of education don't have laws like RTE (which has caused so many Hindu schools to go into loss and closure) , where you have separate property and civil laws (polygamy etc.), loads of subsidies and much more. All your riots Malabar, Malda, Assam, etc are hardly discussed or roles whitewashed. 

Even now the new law, against which these clowns are protesting, has got NOTHING to do with them. And they are going on a rampage across the country, burning down railway stations, trains. Today they targeted a school bus. So much oppression. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

Like I said before, the protestors are crossing the line at times and as I also mentioned before, India has a general problem with angry mobs which they've never dealt with. You being in complete denial and trying to claim it's the majority who are the real victims is straight out of the book of fascism. In complete denial over the Hindutva movement.

And what's with this constant mention of "your protests" and "your riots"? I'm in England. xD Gotta generalise in order to demonise I guess.

The 'your' was meant for the Indian Muslim community, who you claimed are 'constantly' oppressed. Read the sentence again. It also talks about the Indian country. 

Like always, you distort the post into something else. Not the first time you have done that.

Secondly, never claimed any one community is better or fault free. I have several times accepted on this forums, how violence is in our Indian culture. I have spoken of Hindu violence, Christian violence and Muslim violence. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

And here's why those measures are necessary. 

All violent protestors belonging to that one 'Oppressed community' who have been scared by lefty arseholes about a law that doesn't even fucking concern them. It doesn't apply to them. 

Like I said in the couple of posts above, if this was the US, then these animals would have been shot dead for far too little. If anything our cops are enduring a lot of shit from these violent protestors. 

And I blame lefty fucks and lefty media for scare mongering a community about a law that doesn't affect or concern a single Indian citizen regardless of their gender, race or religion. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

On 19/12/2019 at 14:39, 6666 said:

Internet blackouts, wiping people's phones of videos, police brutality and arrests of random protestors. The Indian government putting the squeeze on.

Can't see Modi surviving this without creating a diversion from all this, possibly a war or skirmishes with us like the ones few months ago. Scary times ahead  

On 21/12/2019 at 08:53, Azeem said:

Can't see Modi surviving this without creating a diversion from all this, possibly a war or skirmishes with us like the ones few months ago. Scary times ahead  

The police brutality along with the violence from fascists that have seen an opportunity to pounce on continues.

Not sure if it really hurts Modi, I mean, he was elected with everyone knowing who he was. People that are extremely tribal love when the powerful get to fuck with the powerless. Police brutality is applauded when it comes to fascism.

So the United States has assassinated Qassem Soleimani, one of Iran's most senior commanders, in Baghdad.

Killing a military leader of your rival, with whom you are not officially at war, while he's in a neutral third country. There is no standard by which this isn't an outright act of war. 

American bloodlust knows no bounds. 

25 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Question is, who has the second worst foreign policy and how far off the US are they?

Russia’s invaded Georgia (unsuccessful) and Ukraine (annexed Crimea and still at war with Ukraine), committed assassinations in the UK and Turkey and attempted to do it in Germany. They’ve got to be up there.

There’s also China secretly-not-so-secretly doing its best to take over the Middle East and Africa, granted not as overtly aggressively with their military in every sense.

Saudi Arabia & Iran are pretty bad as well.

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat