talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get buzzing over the fact that it seems that Corbyn has solidly outdone May here, but tonight really doesn't matter. The vast majority of the English press will dodge the issues, make it seem like May strolled it and continue with their IRA line on Corbyn.

Labour should keep Diane Abbot locked in a closet for the next week just to be safe.

You got to see why Chairman May won't do the debates. 

Imagine where Corbyn could be if his own party didnt contribute to the destruction of his image by constantly trashing him and trying to knife him. Especially that mass crying session after the referendum. 

May and the Tories really are just vile. Literally there is nothing good about them and I cannot get behind that coward May being PM. She just looked rattled yesterday and it was funny to see her manifesto getting torn apart. People were genuinely laughing at her and the Tories have come across terribly in their campaign. I don't agree with any of their policies and I don't see how in anyway May is "strong & stable".

Corbyn at least has charisma and is trying to introduce things that will benefit all of us. They may be unrealistic and could be potentially a lot of broken promises,  but I do think he is a risk worth taking. I'd rather have him in charge than see us become a mini America, I'd despise to see this country end up like that.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

May and the Tories really are just vile. Literally there is nothing good about them and I cannot get behind that coward May being PM. She just looked rattled yesterday and it was funny to see her manifesto getting torn apart. People were genuinely laughing at her and the Tories have come across terribly in their campaign. I don't agree with any of their policies and I don't see how in anyway May is "strong & stable".

Corbyn at least has charisma and is trying to introduce things that will benefit all of us. They may be unrealistic and could be potentially a lot of broken promises,  but I do think he is a risk worth taking. I'd rather have him in charge than see us become a mini America, I'd despise to see this country end up like that.

someone told me on Twitter that May is the lesser of 2 evils out of her & Corbyn. I just can't see it. 

Especially when May kept going on about 'no deal is better than a bad deal'. She rattles on about Labour not knowing how to broker a good Brexit deal but absolutely nothing convinces me that May can either. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

someone told me on Twitter that May is the lesser of 2 evils out of her & Corbyn. I just can't see it. 

Especially when May kept going on about 'no deal is better than a bad deal'. She rattles on about Labour not knowing how to broker a good Brexit deal but absolutely nothing convinces me that May can either. 

Agree, I even heard on the radio the Tories are concentrating on a 'strong' Brexit and will hope that will help with the costs of our public services, but as you said May claimed yesterday should rather have no deal than a bad one? So literally our public funding is relying on if Brexit goes well which their is no guarantee it will.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Agree, I even heard on the radio the Tories are concentrating on a 'strong' Brexit and will hope that will help with the costs of our public services, but as you said May claimed yesterday should rather have no deal than a bad one? So literally our public funding is relying on if Brexit goes well which their is no guarantee it will.

yep, and she re-iterated that she is a 'bloody difficult woman'. I'm not quite sure that's what we need when we are negotiating Brexit. Probably best not to piss off the ones that you try to deal with. 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep, and she re-iterated that she is a 'bloody difficult woman'. I'm not quite sure that's what we need when we are negotiating Brexit. Probably best not to piss off the ones that you try to deal with. 

She's just trying to reiterate her neo-Thatcherite image to appease to the Tory boys who still think she was a good leader.

The bizarre thing is that May was at best a mildly disliked Home Sec, who never really achieved anything but managed to win over some people by being spiteful and obstinate in almost every situation. Now, the Conservatives have basically based their entire campaign around re-packaging this deeply unpleasant personality into the "Strong and Stable" brand.

It's so poor, people should be insulted that the Tories think it's good enough.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

The bizarre thing is that May was at best a mildly disliked Home Sec, who never really achieved anything but managed to win over some people by being spiteful and obstinate in almost every situation. Now, the Conservatives have basically based their entire campaign around re-packaging this deeply unpleasant personality into the "Strong and Stable" brand.

It's so poor, people should be insulted that the Tories think it's good enough.

Some people aren't smart enough to be insulted and will simply go with Theresa May off of their belief that the new anti-Europe Britain will grow and grow and take over Europe and we'll have a new British empire...

Just now, Panflute said:

That he regrets it.

I understand being against the foreign policy of always backing Israel regardless of what ever happens.... but calling terror groups "friends" is also at least a bit retarded. But I also take the unique stance that Israel's government are a bunch of cunts and so are Hamas/Hezbollah.

I think the saddest thing about this election is May and Corbyn both look... barely competent... at best.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I understand being against the foreign policy of always backing Israel regardless of what ever happens.... but calling terror groups "friends" is also at least a bit retarded. But I also take the unique stance that Israel's government are a bunch of cunts and so are Hamas/Hezbollah.

I think the saddest thing about this election is May and Corbyn both look... barely competent... at best.

Hamas are cunts, Hezbollah are one of the most admirable groups in the Middle East today.

I honestly don't care about people's past foreign policy statements. 

Thatcher supported the Khmer Rouge, but there are 1000 things I hate her for before I even think of that. The important thing is which candidate can materially alleviate the condition of people in the UK today. The Tories are obsessing over identity politics and Corbyn's dodgy past sympathies because they have nothing else going for them. 

I doubt any politician really knows the figures or has anything to do with working them out, Corbyn has just been briefed poorly. I suppose at least he didn't guess like Abbott.

It's too late anyway but hopefully a small Tory majority will make May look pretty weak, because she obviously thought a 100 majority was a shoe in.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Top story on BBC earlier about Corbyn stumbling on an answer to a question on child care costs. Barely a mention of May's shocker last night...

11 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Probably because Corbyn slip up was a fact and May performance is subjective.

• The title was changed to UK Politics

Archived