talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

22 hours ago, Inverted said:

Yeah I liked him in Good Time. It's just the difference between where he is in his career, and where Willem Defoe is, just shows so much when theyre put next to each other for a full movie. 

I think Pattinson could really have a special career if he keeps this up. 

He was also pretty good in "The King", with Timothée Chalamet (who is a whole different level IMO, but that's another subject), and in the Rover. Looking forward to see him in the new Christopher Nolan movie. Oh yea, and as Batman. :o 

• Subscriber

Parasite - 8.5/10 As i said in the oscar thread I just watched it the week before the oscars. Excellent movie on alot of levels. Theres very strong social truths in the background of a film with some comic scenes and very good acting. Well crafted plot and twists, kind of ends of going nuts as alot of other asian movies do. Definitely worth watching, I enjoyed a different perspective on something not hollywood. One of the better asian movies Ive seen.

• Subscriber

I found this film on Youtube and as I read the book by John Grisham I thought I would watch it which I did with the wife and quite enjoyed it and an 8/10 for me, 'A Painted House' (2003), apparently it was a series on tv way back starring John Glenn, Grisham normally writes legal dramas and he tried his hand at writing this book and it came out on top.

A Painted House

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections

• Subscriber

I am not one for films with subtitles and I am not sure if I have mentioned the film in here before to @nudge & @Tommy but this is one film I did watch again and I would give this a 9/10, a true story, 'As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me', a WWII film, I can understand a wee bit of german so it did help me out a bit.

A German POW (Bernhard Bettermann) escapes from a Siberian prison camp and finds help from a band of Arctic natives while trekking home.

Languages: German, Russian, Persian

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am not one for films with subtitles and I am not sure if I have mentioned the film in here before to @nudge & @Tommy but this is one film I did watch again and I would give this a 9/10, a true story, 'As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me', a WWII film, I can understand a wee bit of german so it did help me out a bit.

Hide contents

A German POW (Bernhard Bettermann) escapes from a Siberian prison camp and finds help from a band of Arctic natives while trekking home.

Languages: German, Russian, Persian

Never heard of it :o Might check it out sometime. 

A Time To Kill - 8/10 

Had a co worker tell me about this one, no idea how I had never heard of it with that cast. Really enjoyed it, I’m a sucker for the 90s drama/thrillers. Only complaint was that it ran a bit too long, but nevertheless it will be one that I go back to every so often. 

Also, I’ve always been pretty much in love with Sandra Bullock, and this one only cemented my undying love for that woman 💕 

• Subscriber

@Rick Time To Kill

A good film, based on a book by John Grisham his first novel which I have read and if you liked the film and into reading good books you should read it.

https://www.jgrisham.com/a-time-to-kill/

Had to edit this and re-post as my spacing is playing up.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Parasite - 9/10

Just a brilliant movie. It really just is good on every level. It's gripping all the time at through, it's funny and hits you hard, it keeps you guessing, and I've been juggling different questions about it in my head ever since I left the cinema. 

Looks great as well, it's brilliantly acted, and the music is equal parts hilarious and disturbing. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A Hidden Life (2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5827916/

Got round to watching it at last... A fantastic movie; finally another true masterpiece by Terrence Malick and a very deserving tribute to Franz Jägerstätter and civil disobedience and conscientiousness. The cinematography is unreal, the story is profound and powerful and the cast is amazing. August Diehl does an amazing job and the movie is a beautiful return to traditional narrative for Malick at his best. A true visual and emotional feast. 

@Tommy you have to watch this!

• Wow 1

On 27/02/2020 at 01:50, Inverted said:

Parasite - 9/10

Just a brilliant movie. It really just is good on every level. It's gripping all the time at through, it's funny and hits you hard, it keeps you guessing, and I've been juggling different questions about it in my head ever since I left the cinema. 

Looks great as well, it's brilliantly acted, and the music is equal parts hilarious and disturbing. 

Watch his Memories of Murder and Mother, if you haven't already. Memories of Murder is by far the director's best flick, and one of the best serial killer movies out there.

The Host is another good flick from the director, though a bit weird at times.

I liked Parasite, as well. The observation on social classes was nicely done. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A new one on Netflix, Awake (2019), not bad but a bit slow going 7/10.

A man wakes in a hospital bed with no recollection of who he is and learns that he's wanted by the police for committing a series of murders.

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber

The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) with Samuel Lee Jackson & Geena Davis, a top draw film for me and I have watched it a few times 9/10.

Samantha Caine suffers from amnesia. Her mysterious past begins to haunt her, which sets her off on a search to discover her true identity.

• Subscriber
On 03/03/2020 at 00:31, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watch his Memories of Murder and Mother, if you haven't already. Memories of Murder is by far the director's best flick, and one of the best serial killer movies out there.

I will add this to my list :D cheers

• Upvote 1