talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure about that mate. It was right in the corner. You couldn't of picked it up and put it in a better place

Didn't have the luxury of a replay as I lost the stream just after it went in.. It was along way out though

Klopp not starting Firmino and playing Gomez instead of Trent has really fucked this up for us. Set us up to be toothless going forward and left it until the 70th minute to change it. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Lost my stream after the 3rd goal, take it Salah missed a sitter?? 

Virtually an open goal. Two players were down on the line clearing Firmino's shot and he really couldn't miss. But did. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But then it's not Barca's fault that a team can't take advantage of them not being as good as they can be. 

It is their fault that they've parked the bus at home and gifted multiple clear chances to score an away goal, against a side they should be bossing on paper. 

Are people really blaming Alisson for that free kick? xD

I'm the biggest critic of Alisson but no one stops that from Messi.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not having that as a keeper error, it's a phenomenal free kick. 

Yeah, take back my initial criticism. Can't do owt with that.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It is their fault that they've parked the bus at home and gifted multiple clear chances to score an away goal, against a side they should be bossing on paper. 

It's Liverpool's fault for missing those chances then xD

Just now, El Profesor said:

I don't think this tie is over considering Barça was eliminated in similar conditions by a much worse Roma. At some point, Valverde's negative approach will cost them.

If Barca score at Anfield, we need to score at least 5 goals. I don't think that's happening.

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't have the luxury of a replay as I lost the stream just after it went in.. It was along way out though

Yeah but it only takes just over a second to go in. And by the time he sees it it would be very difficult to save it in my opinion

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Barca score at Anfield, we need to score at least 5 goals. I don't think that's happening.

I don't think I've ever seen a side so good not win something

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's Liverpool's fault for missing those chances then xD

Yeah exactly... that my point. 

If Barca were up against higher quality/more experienced opposition they would have been punished for their shit defending and astoundingly negative game plan. 

But... they have Messi and Liverpool have issues converting chances. So they've survived despite their huge deficiencies and been gifted a CL final. 

• Subscriber

That's a wonder strike. No keeper is getting that.

As for the game, we missed some sitters (two infact) and we can only blame ourselves for that. Yes they weren't spectacular on the night but they took their chances well and are now in the driving seat going into the second leg. I have seen some impossible things happen at Anfield and this may yet be one but I don't think we'll overturn this Barcelona team without conceding at home.

Wtf was that from the referee.

Well nothing left to do but hope we take our frustrations out on Rafa's Newcastle and batter them, then just wish nothing but the worst for Barcelona in a week and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Yeah exactly... that my point. 

If Barca were up against higher quality/more experienced opposition they would have been punished for their shit defending and astoundingly negative game plan. 

But... they have Messi and Liverpool have issues converting chances. So they've survived and been gifted a CL final. 

I'm not sure many other sides would have come here and had the same attitude as liverpoo? No chance man city would have played their normal game. 

• The title was changed to Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived