talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Yeah exactly... that my point. 

If Barca were up against higher quality/more experienced opposition they would have been punished for their shit defending and astoundingly negative game plan. 

But... they have Messi and Liverpool have issues converting chances. So they've survived and been gifted a CL final. 

Hardly 'gifted'. Not like they've shithoused a 1-0. 

I don't think it's as negative as you're making out. Yes there were large periods of that 2nd half where Liverpool dominated and controlled but they've still come out of the game winning 3-0. Parking the bus is like having all men behind the ball. When did Barca do that in this game? 

Sometimes I think people are exagerrating a bit with Barcelona's performance. It wasn't as shocking as people made it out. During games you aren't always going to have a dominant 90 minutes. Barcelona happened to have a bad 25 minutes but were clearly resilient enough to hold on.

You know what. Fuck this bunch of rat bastards. We can score against these at home. Klopp should have started Firmino tonight and Trent an all. Trent bombing forward would have given them a massive headache. Hopefully we see out actual best 11 start next week. 

I said tie over before, but we can put goal past these horrible fuckers.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Barca score at Anfield, we need to score at least 5 goals. I don't think that's happening.

That Salah miss is really costly, but with Firmino on from the beginning and the Anfield atmosphere this will be a tough one for Barcelona, especially considering Valverde will probably go with a negative approach. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Couldn't watch the game. What happened here? Very disappointing that this is probably over in one leg.

I don't think it's over. Not with how Barcelona went out against Roma last season. And this Liverpool side is better I'd say. 

Just now, Machado said:

Couldn't watch the game. What happened here? Very disappointing that this is probably over in one leg.

Barca played well for about 30 mins, and scored a brilliant goal. Barca then sat deep countering trough Messi and Suarez, Liverpool then dominated and missed a few chances, until Messi got the ball at around 70 minutes and ripped open Liverpool for the second. 

Liverpool lose the head a bit, and Messi scores an amazing FK. 

Liverpool miss an open goal to make it 3-1. Tie over. 

The scoreline is harsh on Liverpool's performance but if Dembele was more composed in front of goal then that could've been 4 or 5. Ter Stegen with a very good performance, Liverpool looked good for an equaliser before the Messi double and would've gotten it if not for him.

Just now, Stan said:

I don't think it's over. Not with how Barcelona went out against Roma last season. And this Liverpool side is better I'd say. 

I imagine Barca learned from last year and won't let their heads drop if they concede a goal.

I think we're pretty fucked. They're probably the best side in the world and it didn't matter that they didn't really play like it - they didn't create all that much but they ended up getting 3 goals and we looked great and we didn't score a single goal. Obviously things will be different when we're away from home, but with the way they countered against us today and how they scored from nothing - you know that we'll be throwing everything at Barca... I don't think it's realistic to expect that Barca wouldn't have learned from last year.

I'll hope for the best, but at this point it's hard not to feel like the second leg is just a formality.

26 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Let me tell you, there's something quite disheartening about watching some of the best footballers in the world score the scrappiest goal you're likely to see in a good while.

Bad timing 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not having for one second that this leg is over mind, Liverpool can score at home and with the crowd can certainly put Barcelona under pressure. 

Barca need to be at 110% to get through. 3-0 is an amazing cushion, but never write off Liverpool. There's still a long way to go in this tie, I just hope they have learned from the Paris, Roma and Juventus games to see it through. 

Cannabis praising Liverpool?

Never thought I see the day.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hardly 'gifted'. Not like they've shithoused a 1-0. 

I don't think it's as negative as you're making out. Yes there were large periods of that 2nd half where Liverpool dominated and controlled but they've still come out of the game winning 3-0. Parking the bus is like having all men behind the ball. When did Barca do that in this game? 

In terms of performance they've shithoused a 1-0. They just have Messi to create extra goals. 

Messi could have played for 2011 Stoke and turned most of their classic 1-0 Delap-inspired wins into apparent 3-0 batterings. 

• Subscriber

Its going to be a formality for them. They'll shore up the possession and go back to put more emphasis on their midfield to control the game. We missed Trent more than Bobby tonight imo. Gomez while defensively better offered nothing going up and supporting Mo in the attack as well. While Roberston on the other side was causing all kinds of issues and I would like to believe that Trent does the same as well had he played. All in all it really wasn't our night and we can only hope that the team goes out at Anfield like a pack of rabid dogs because that is what its going to take to turn-over the deficit now. 

I thought the player who does deserve a lot of credit tonight was Matip. He went about his business and disrupting as much as he could and while we could argue that he was just much at fault for the first goal due to the positioning I think he did a good job considering who he was marking as well. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Besides Messi Andy was Motm. 

What a player. Not sure there's a club out there that can really do him justice. 

Thought Vidal had a quality game. Not only for not getting booked which should be an achievement in itself but he was an absolute engine for Barca and helped them out defensively a lot as well as putting a shift in at left mid when Coutinho went off. 

Robertson was Liverpool's best player for sure. 

Harsh on us that but that's what happens at this level against sides of this quality of you don't take your chances. 

It's going to take a miracle to overturn this but can't give up hope with this team going into the second leg at Anfield. That last sentence is probably a bit optimistic like

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

In terms of performance they've shithoused a 1-0. They just have Messi to create extra goals. 

Messi could have played for 2011 Stoke and turned most of their classic 1-0 Delap-inspired wins into apparent 3-0 batterings. 

Messi created the first goal did he?

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Messi created the first goal did he?

Did I say he did? They scored an excellent team goal then sat back, counted on Ter Stegen to keep them in it, and let Messi kill it. 

I mean it makes absolute sense if you have a very negative manager, and the best player of all time plus the best goalie on earth.

But I'm not going to applaud them as some footballing idol for doing it. 

On 29/04/2019 at 16:21, Asura said:

Do fancy liverpool to go through into the finals....  especially since the second leg is at Anfield

trust me guys ... its still ON :ph34r:

What a match that was, barcelona no way dominant other than for that good stretch in the first half. Liverpool have only themselves to blame for not taking the chances... Milner and Salah should both have buried their chances and so should Dembele.

Messi amazing asusual but for me the MOTM is Ter Stegen for his saves against Salah and Milner. 

Bollocks this talk about shithousing/scrapping the win. Liverpool had chances but what about Barca? They should’ve had 2-3 more. You win the game by being clinical, not by having the ball more. 

The game changed the moment Semedo came on and Roberto was shifted to midfield. This allowed Messi to have more space through transition. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Messi. :89_clap:

D5gvJDSWsAAZNaa.jpg:large

What a picture that is. Not only for the goal but it showcases the amount of people who go to games just to exercise their camera phones.

• The title was changed to Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived